My Italjet Formula 50 LC (Norway)

I have finaly found some time to worke a little on the Formula engine again.

Vioàla, two new support bearings in place :)

DSCN2181.jpg

DSCN2182.jpg

I have also bougth my self a new sandblaser cabinet.
have not tried it yet, but it sure looks good :grin:
DSCN2183.jpg

Last edited:
Finally I have got the crank installed

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

The air filter tube dont fit

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

Polini variator

IMG_2352.jpg

Nakaru twist control

IMG_2350.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know any with a dyno in my area, so no dyno test for me.

Here is a short video of the first start up :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnJAVHQ5Qro"]‪Italjet Formula 70 Hebo‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Just some new pictures :#

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

Did clean the gas and oil tank as well ;)

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

The old AC is finaly striped and clean up a little as well :D

IMG_2394.jpg

Some pictures of the two Formulas together.
One LC and one AC.
Note the different on the frames.

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

Last edited:
Did install the seat today, and take her out on the road for the first time. I think the ignition must have a built in rew limiter?? I can't make the engine rew like it should.
I will ask Scooter Center about this problem tomorrow.

Malossi CDI

M559679.jpg

CDI -MALOSSI TC-Unit- Morini 50cc (type AH)
item number M559679
CDI -MALOSSI TC-Unit- Morini 50cc (type AH)
RACING CDI unit. Comes without the bothersome rev limiter. The TC-Unit K15 is plugged into the original wiring loom. The high power output CDI gives a stable ignition at any revs.
The voltage is at all time at a range between 35.000-50.000 Volt. Even at high revs there is still the safety of a perfect ignition. Successfully tested up to 20.000 rpm!

Or this from Top Performance.

Top Performance CDI

8451414979543200.jpg

CDI -TOP PERFORMANCES variable- Morini 50cc (type AH)
item number TP991058
CDI -TOP PERFORMANCES variable- Morini 50cc (type AH)
This CDI unit is simply more than a unrestricted CDI unit. It gains a lot of power by cleverly designed ignition electronics.

Ideally an engine needs an electronic ignition that has a type of advance and retard feature, which varies the firing point depending upon revs. With higher revs the ignition timing has to be retarded to reduce the load for the piston and crank mechanism. For this reason you can suit the firing point in the other rev ranges much better to your engine.

Therewith you gain a great power improvement over the whole rev range without loosing any reliability.

An advance and retard ignition system offers much improved power and top speed without beeing unreliable!

logo.gif

pmdr65-fp.gif

CDI/COIL ITALJET FORMULA 50 std replacement, PM Tuning Ignitor re-mapped CDI ignition unit for most 50cc-70cc autos explained. No complex re- wiring or re-timing. Simply unplug the original CDI and plug in the new CDI for optimum ignition boost improved spark lead and intensity without in built fixed rev limiter /restrictor.

Back