Italjet dragster- Muhuha!

muhuha

like to show you all my project, it might be half done already but i can show you what ive done already. My aim at the to being was to make it look nice, then to create the factest 50cc bike but this involved spending loads on racing parts which i didnt want to do on a small 50cc bike only to achieve a slower speed than a 70's.

To begin i had a standard italjet dragster with a top performances 'powered' pipe. The bike hit 50mph which wasnt fast enough.

First mod was to add a pipe, a laser-x-pro sourced for £30 which was a steal gained 10mph top and and sounded bit nicer.

IVE DONE IT!!:
Ive just purchased a MHR 70cc repilca!!! from scooter attack, will be using with my x-pro, the aim is to get 120kph on my clock. Will show you what ive been running and the project when it's finished and the results. I will also be polishing bits up and adding c/f effect plastic to it.

Pics to go up within 2days.

Advertisement - register to remove this

i think that that its better to buy another pipe,
like a yasuni c20, tjt gruppo B, or a bidalot.
a mhr replica wil only get to a top of 120kph, with the right adjustments to your engine.

good luck

proejct so far

Well i bought my bike 12months back, its a 7year old italjet dragster as running all standard (derestricted) with a TP Powered pipe. The bike was running pretty sweet but the parts being years old were old and dirty. Since ive got my hands on it its changed a great deal.
dsc00264tk0.jpg

To being a sprayed the grills a lime power green to cover up the rust that had been forming and i hit a post creating a whole on the footboard. As you all know i was on about 50cc kits which i had bought with the idea to make he fastest 50cc bike on the road which i think i achieved.
to do this i bought a polini super speed kit:
dsc00347xn2.jpg

X-pro
dsc00334dw6.jpg

last but not least my stage6 50cc which i siezed and it lived!!! (read further)
dsc00352cj2.jpg

dsc00353hk5.jpg

Been polishing up to run again and came out alright, started 2nd kick9||6
dsc00389gz7.jpg

Trust me its alot shiny'er than it looks and the power from it is imense.
Heres my standard 50cc bore, done 20500km and running fine and better with my porting attempt:7
dsc00414fs2.jpg

I also fitted a 17.5mm carb and green fuel line which gave my a bit more bottom end power, i also bored out the standard carb but its making my bike runing bit odd after that, not sure if its the new reeds though, compare these..
dsc00410ig5.jpg

dsc00411un4.jpg

^^ my new polini reed cage, really happy with it best be for £30!! Few other bits i also got was...... mhr rep 70cc, ngk ht lead, brake level grips, polini evo bearings and some other bits i cant remember. Cant use the 70's for two months due to my dad mot letting me {! so i shall rag the stage6 and hopefully the crank will blow on this rather than the 70's.
I have had a rear end rebuild, i changed the rear light to a lexus brake light, the big bulky indicators to smaller c/f look ones, painted the rear structure black which i think suits the bike much more, changed the rear shock which has really helped with handling due to the old one instead of having a bush it can worn rubber and dirt
(PIC TO FOLLOW)
dsc00402ta2.jpg

dsc00392wu6.jpg

and after much hard hand work, ive polish both the water pump and transmission case, which will need polishing everyweek which will be a bit of a pain.
dsc00401qp6.jpg

dsc00416jv5.jpg

Pump needs more doing bit scratchy but will do for now.

Will get you a pic of how it is now in the morning but my setup is:
-super speed vario
-stage6 50cc
-17.5mm carb (95 jet)
-tighter clutch
-polini belt
-TP powered pipe
-polini reed block
-open air filter
Seeing as the pipe is torquey i can run heavier rollers than the x-pro which i have now sold which should result in a good top speed 100kph (clock speed)+ 8)

can you tell me what those tags are on english scooters? it's on the left side of your frame. When I was in gibraltar a couple weeks ago i saw several scooters and all of them had those tags. It was hard to read (maybe rain damage on the paper or something) but I thougt it was for a drivers licence and/or insurance. I know you should drive the first couple of months with those large L things an HUGE licence plates, but can the tag also be removed after that time?

Last edited:
lol thats what everyone says^^ 'loser', you have to keep them while your on a provisional licence and removed when your full test is taken @ 17years-(2months away). Got a splitting headache at the moment so cant be assed to go into detail but the exhaust stud holes on my stage6 have gone! making my exhaust hang off, really peed off as i need to change barrel again. But ive ported my 50cc even more :D

Update:
Lots has happened since the last update.
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5299/dsc00399ss3.jpg
Bought a mhr rep 70cc kit, motoforce crank, polini c4 bearings, s6 temp sensor. Which i fitted but didnt get any pictures :( , also fitted 15% tourque spring, polini open air filter. All running smoothly witht he TP powered pipe top speed 95kph.

Got bored and bought myself a malossi team2 race pipe for £80=150ish euros. Had to lighten the rollers up a fair amount to get any power because it was flat spotting so much. Now i can only use 6 of the lightest rollers available for the polini 9roller (obviously a downside to the design and i might go back tot he standard vario).

Did some power work to the mhr rep kit, heightened the ex+aux ports 2mm, matched and polished it to the exhaust header. Raised the transfers 1mm and they are all roughly the same height. Started the bike idling very high, rev and woah went like stink, i then found it hard to setup and rev out properly which made me very dissappointed, then found the eneigne bolts were loose so which i was at it i lower the squish quite a bit all tightened up and i now have enough power to make the front wheel come up inch or so under acceleration.

dsc00485an6.jpg

dsc00486al0.jpg

Yet to get all the transmission-rollers, clutch etc all setup and jetting on the carb. Will upgrade the carb to 21-24mm, new inlet manifold. Other bits on the side. Will get a video with this setup

Back