Gilera Runner 209 ccm Quattro valve

Did you ever measured the power output when it was still a stock 180cc?
I'm curious about the increase of power.

I know a stock 180cc 2 stroke has 17,5 hp so over 24 hp is a very nice score with a 210cc 4 stroke!

Are the 'only' "power effective" adjustments you've made to reach this the malossi 210cc, camshaft, valves+springs, digitronic, in- and outlet channel modifications and the exhaust?

Are the 'spiebanen' (don't know the english word :p, if you don't understand i will look it up ;)) of the malossi torque drive straight? I thougt to see on the pics on the malossi site that there was still a curve in it?

I'm asking because i'm also looking to do something like this ;)

Btw, a German firm called Kübler sells a 244cc kit for the vx(r). This is a 72mm bore and 60mm stroke cilinder from a piaggio quasar engine.

The kit includes the cilinder+piston (same bore as the stock 200cc but, higher), 60mm stroke crackshaft (modified, to fit the runner ignition) and the other parts you need to fit it to your engine like a longer camshaft-chain etc. Cost just under 600 euro, maybe something for you?

I have never mesured it plain stock from the box. But it gained some with the exhaust and the roller adjustment.

Conserning power. There is allso a 34 mm Poweret Dell'orto mountet to it with a modified Posh inlet funnel. Combined with a Denso U31ET-R Spark plug.

The 'spiebanen' are stright. The same is the stock but in a more moderate angle. I went down a couple of grams in roller weights because of the change.

Thanks about info on the Crank shaft. But I allready have a Malossi crank for it. (Thoght not mounted yet... Race season you know ;-) ) The next thing for it is an additional cooler. The stock cooler isn't big enough for it.

Now with Malossi full Cracnkshaft and H profile con rod.

304471_l.jpg

304473_l.jpg

304472_l.jpg

Now some intense Dynoing will follow!

Ps. An in action photo
300642_l.jpg

What type of exhaust do you use? Is it an aftermarket exhaust or did you take a motorbike muffler en welded a new exhaust pipe?

The Exhaust is a Scorpion made and E marked (Mit ABE) for the Runner VXR.
I have taken out the dB killer that was inside it and re packed it.
It kind og melted for me on the dyno.

The crank is a Malossi H-pleul and is bought through www.speedline.dk by order and prepayment (Because it isn't a normal part in their stock)

Unfortunetly I mounted a to thick gasket at the foot of the cylinder (english word needed!) when I swapped the cranks, so power has went down to 21 Rear wheel Horse Power.

Low power or not, it was one of the fastet round the track at SAWE 08.

And it made a lot of smoke too.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g704DzrJ4yg"]YouTube - Scooter Weekend 2008 - guming[/ame] saturday evening burnout (Thanks for the tread you head Mr. Hood!)

Take a look at this clip too. It is down the main stright.
At aprox. 17 sek. in the clip I am going past with around 130-140 km/h (speedo!)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct59mWlPQo0"]YouTube - Scooter Weekend[/ame]

Vinter time is Projekt time.
Both my rear tires where burned down and beyond at SAWE so new pieces of rubber is mounted. A new exhaust is bought too. It looks nice.

An overall tjeck up and some new fluids would be nice.
A big fat Delta clutch is bought too.
Now I am just wondering. If there is enough funds for my other plans...:winner:

I must agree XD

Velo I didnt know that u ve had a project here :D

keep it up and let us see some progress...
As mentioned before i hope to meet u in Asserballe on track in april..we couldnt race yet really ^^

See you on Saturday.

Update on its way.
New Exhaust
New Clutch
New front kaliber and brakeline
SSP Gen. 3 Aerox brake levers
New oils
Polini 9 Rollers on the desk waiting
Motomaster Flame Rear disk
MHR Sinter Race pads rear
Malossi Airfilter

And hopefully. More than 21 BHP this time.

Hmm. Bad news. The old exhaust is +2 BHP more powerfull than the new. Damn.

I think I'll clone them. New Exhaust with big fat hole trough. Or maybe I can find a Akrapovic for it. That could be cool.

Back