Razor Gilera Runner by lempz

xzburnoutzx

Italjet Dragster
Hi,
Been a user here for some time already and I have had 3 scooters before this Gilera Runner. The first one was a Quingqi, then Piaggio Zip FR Polini Sport 70ccm, Aprilia Area 51 S6r and now a Gilera Runner with a Malossi 70ccm Sport.
I changed my Area 51 for the Runner, cuz I was tired of the expences of gas, oil, belt and springs - because I used it daily. And also all of the main bearings in the engine were giving in. I have never made a difference in my rides appearence, but this time I will go as far as my wallet carries me. The carters will be powercoated black, rims also powercoated black, but the sides to chrome, variator cover also to powercoat. I am thinking about what colour to paint the frame.

Setup:
Malossi 70ccm Sport
Yasuni R Black Edition
Dellorto 17.5mm
Malossi MHR 2005 variator
Stage 6 reeds and direct manifold
Stage 6 Double Layer filter.

Looks:
BGM Razor Orange Metallic Plastics
Stage 6 280mm front disk
Stage 6 wave rear brake
Doppler Pneumatic rear shock
Aluminium footboards
Black halogen headlight
Lexus style rear light
And some sort of little details...

2 pictures when I got the bike:

f_SPA0142m_1fef86b.jpg

f_SPA0143m_0d2aa7d.jpg

Greets xz...

Advertisement - register to remove this

Today I managed to clean the carb and filter, the retard who owned this bike, had drilled holes into the orig casing, and the filter was quite dirty. Could it be that my rear shock is too stiff, and the rear brake locks very easily, and does not brake as well as I'd like to. The stiffness on the shock(can be regulated) is on the maximum stiffness. It also has a Malossi 70ccm Sport cylinder and a Dellorto 17.5mm carb. The pistion has quite much wear and the compression ratio is not so great. But still It rides under my 100kg body some 95-100km/h. Acceleration also ok. When I was changing the variator(for a SR50R variator which has ride for some 700km and also a new belt) I saw that the variator has eat 1mm of the lines of the crank and the last part of the variator(disk) did not come off. I put the scooter under 90c, and easily mounted the variator on, but how to fix the problem, to get the whole variator off, when I want to switch to a tuning variator. The part the variator has eaten was some 0.5-0.2mm more wear than the other part, and did not come off the crank. How to get it off?

Greets xz...

Today I put the plastics back on, and I'm 95% happy with the result since it is a spray job. This is only temorary, cuz I'll order the new set of orange metallic plastics in august, and planning to do some modifications with them. Thoughts...?

f_SPA0147m_25457c4.jpg

f_SPA0145m_8259684.jpg

f_SPA0146m_13efe7f.jpg

f_SPA0144m_c84dea7.jpg

Today I received my C16. It runs ok till 70, then laggs till 90, and then goes again. Why? I am using 3.8g rollers, and it didn't go at all with 5.2g rollers. Stock contra spring and clutch springs...

f_SPA0155m_1e58434.jpg

f_SPA0156m_e1e743d.jpg

So I decided which setup I'll go with(thanx Tiba).

Polini Evo II
Carters Home-Tuned to Evo II
Polini Evo 8 exhaust
Poling Evo crankshaft
Polini Super Speed variator
Polini Ignition - maybe
Polini rear pulley
Stage 6 V-Force reeds
Stage 6 R/T 28mm
Stage 6 Double Layer filter
Stage 6 clutch
Stage 6 R/T Clutchbell
Stage 6 front pulley
Hebo manifold
Top Performance belt

Some gadgets:

Stage 6 280mm front disk
Stage 6 Wave rear disk
Stage 6 Front caliper
Stage 6 Racing brake pads
Stage 6 Slicks
Doppler Oil or Malossi RS3 rear shock
Koso dashboard
Stage 6 stand
Reich or Bosch pump

I will not order new plastics, but make them as ''racing'' a possible, and lay some nice paint on them.

Ideas, what to change - If?

Greets xz...

Last edited:
Back