Swobbers Gilera Runner

Swobber

Danish Tuner
During the Als 2005 meeting, I found out that the Gilera Ice I have isn't something for me - That handling is just not good enough.

A few weeks after, I bought a Gilera Runner with a cruise-setup:
Athena sporting LC cylinder.
Polini For-race exhaust.

The engine will be removed from the runner, and fitted to the Ice (My littlebrother (13 years) will take over the Gilera Ice projekt).

So, here we are with a Runner without the engine.
That is no good, so I'll take the Engine from the Gilera Ice and fit it on the Runner.

The pictures of the Runner:
runner1.jpg

runner2.jpg

runner3.jpg

The engine-setup will be as following:
2fast cylinder - In stock.
2fast crankshaft - In stock.
DPR "2fast" exhuast - New model with a strait flange - In stock.
Malossi Torque-driver - In stock.
Malossi Kevlar belt - In stock.
Malossi MHR 2000 vario (Not the same as Multivar) - In stock.
Malossi Wingbell - In stock.
Malossi Delta clutch - In stock.
Malossi 45 degree inlet - In Stock.
Malossi VL13 reed valve - In stock.
Dell'Orto 28mm VHST carburettor - In stock.
Italkit Ignition - In stock.
Polini Primary gears - In stock.

Also there will be a few other parts that I must have:
Kill-switch - In stock.
Stage6 280mm brakedisck - In stock.
TJT kevlar brakepads for original brake-caliper - In stock.
Malossi RS24 rear suspension.
Malossi F36R front suspension system - In stock.
NX Pirahna or NOS kit.
I also have a brake-caliper from a Runner 180cc in stock, I'm not if it is to be used.

/Swobber

***Update 18-09-2005***
A little pictures of some parts.

Stage6 280mm mounted on a Runner rim.
http://ptl.cazh.dk/Swobber/Runner4.JPG

New model DPR "2Fast" - Times 2 :D
Runner5.JPG

TJT brakepads on the Stage6 280mm brakedisc.
Runner6.JPG

More pictures, when more parts is recieved.

/Swobber

***Update 16-10-2005***
A long time since the last update, and a lot of work done too.

The runner after I mounted the SSP 280mm brakedisc:
Runner8.JPG

Runner9.JPG

Then I stripped the Runner for plastic, and replaced the org. engine with the 2fast engine together with a modified and strengthened bracket.
Runner10.JPG

Runner11.JPG

Runner12.JPG

I just tried to fit a DPR exhaust.
Runner13.JPG

I was suposed to take of the malossi ignition that day, but I did'nt have the time.

This weekend, a lot has happended.
I got home a Italkit ignition system and a Dell'Orto 28mm VHST (Flat-slide) carburettor (Thanks speedline.dk).
I took of the malossi ignition and mounted the Italkit one - And adjusted it.
I've also mounted a kill-switch, just in case.
The carburettor is now also mounted, I just need a new cable and a throttle - Then the engine should be running!

The malossi ignition was sold to Fjabbe.

/Swobber

***Update 17-12-2005***
Hey there.

I know I havent updatet for a LOOOONG time, but I havent done anything to it at all, except for the last few days.

Here are some pictures from 19-10-2005, when it was actually almost ready to run, but then I decided that I could not be satisfied with the result:
Runner14%20(Small).JPG

Runner17%20(Small).JPG

Runner19%20(Small).JPG

Runner20%20(Small).JPG

Well, I bought a Malossi F36R front fork with a 4-pot caliper from a friend, since I will be competing in the scootercup next year here in DK.

I've also mounted a second radiator, to keep temperatures down.
I know all the hoses is a big mess, but everything is self-bleeding now - I just have to fill on the coolant, and then I'm running! :D

What are you waiting for? Look at those pictures:
f36r-1.JPG

f36r-2.JPG

f36r-3.JPG

f36r-4.JPG

f36r-5.JPG

I've also bought an old engine, that will be build op for racing in the scootercup, where 70cc is maximum :L

What to do next? Rear suspension and building up the 70cc engine.

/Swobber

***Update 29/01-2006***
The Runner was started today:
http://ptl.cazh.dk/LaLLe/Swobbers Gilera Runner.wmv

This is freaking crazy to ride!
Rolling burnout AND wheelie, at the same time!

/Swobber

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

Indeed!

Sleeper, all the way!

/Swobber

EDIT: I forgot to say, it will only be a sleeper for meetings. Else it will be used for racing in The Danish Scootercup!

Rydah: No, i would never take a scooter like this on the public roads.
The cops are all over us, and if they stop us they have a mobile dyno to messure the topspeed - If its over 30km/h (45km/h for scooters with license-plate), they take your scooter to the police-station and take every single part on the scooter that arent standard parts.

For road-use, I have a Benelli K2 with a noname 46mm alu cylinder, TP powered exhaust, malossi fly clutch, malossi special belt and doppler s2br vario.

H.T.M. + Delange: Thanks alot.

/Swobber

Swobber said:
Rydah: No, i would never take a scooter like this on the public roads.
The cops are all over us, and if they stop us they have a mobile dyno to messure the topspeed - If its over 30km/h (45km/h for scooters with license-plate), they take your scooter to the police-station and take every single part on the scooter that arent standard parts.

For road-use, I have a Benelli K2 with a noname 46mm alu cylinder, TP powered exhaust, malossi fly clutch, malossi special belt and doppler s2br vario.

H.T.M. + Delange: Thanks alot.

/Swobber
wow, thats sad you cannot even ride a bike like that one the streets. out here in hawaii we ride whatever we want, we are just not supposed to go over 35mph if the scooter is registered as a moped. how come your scooter cannot go on the public streets when there are a lot bigger bikes around like gsxr's and r1's. out here we got 90+ mph scooter/moped and we just ride them whenever we like.

There are very strick rules for scooters/mopeds in Denmark for safety reasons.

There are 2 kind of scooters; 30km/t and 45km/t (EU scooter). The 30's you are alowed to drive when you are 16 (you need a licens wich take 2 weeks and costs 10€). When you become 18 years old you don't need any licens for it longer.

Scooter 45 require a driverslicens for cars to drive (avalible from 18 ). They are under the same rules as cars/mc and must be registraded with licensplade opposit to scooter 30 wich have special rules.

Rules for both types are no construcktive changes. If the police catch you, they will take you unoriginal motor parts and give you a fine.

If you want to ride faster than this on 2 wheels it requires a MC driverlicens. But still not a tuned 50cc scooter because of safety reasons.

That is why allmost no high tuned scooters are on the roads. Nobody wants to take that risc.

wow, that sucks, i figure that if you have a motorcycle license and your bike is registered as whatever need be, then you should be able to ride anything you want. glad i live in hawaii. we ride what we want and we dont need insurance because our scooters are mopeds.

Insurance is also required by the law, on every motorised vehicle.

In theory you should be able to registre you toptuned scooter as a MC, but in reality its not possible, though there are a lot of old Kreidler's and such that has that option.

/Swobber who hates the rules in DK

hey swobber,
just as the ice was, good prodject.. but did u do test with the 28mm dellortho against a makuni or kleihn carb or did u simply jus have it layin around and decided to use it? i would like to know because i have one but jus havent got around to using it because im in university abroad...thanks!!

Swobber said:
Yes.
In theory it should work, but in the real world it doesnt. I have no idea why!

/Swobber
well that sucks then, you guys make some of the nicest and fastest bikes around and cannot even enjoy them on the streets. if you guys ever go on vacation to hawaii bring them with you, you can ride them here no problem. lol, just joking.

lilplaya_bm: The 28mm VHST was one i bought. If you ask me, its very easy to adjust, and it runs nice!

Rydah: I might take your word for good :D

/Swobber

Back