Gilera Runner 209 ccm Quattro valve

I'd buy these quickly as you may find there are none in stock. I used to make them for Scooter-Center and Scooter Attack and there are not many left, I don't think Scooter-Center have any and Scooter Attack may only have one or two.

big9381-0.jpg

big9377-0.jpg

I'd buy these quickly as you may find there are none in stock. I used to make them for Scooter-Center and Scooter Attack and there are not many left, I don't think Scooter-Center have any and Scooter Attack may only have one or two.

http://scooter-center.com/catalog/images/products/big9381-0.jpg

http://scooter-center.com/catalog/images/products/big9377-0.jpg

Hmm. And you don't make them anymore?
SC has run out and Scooter attack doesn't have the dual shock rearplate.

Sorry for the bad quality sound

I was out testing the setup.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXHU0irpdwA"]YouTube - Gilera VXR fun[/ame]

it would be great if you could get yourselve filmed bij somebody else, that way we can see the entire runner and sounds probably better ;)

really in love with this runner!!!!

grtz ken

hey man
lookin good,you got any idea howmuch hp your runner has.
i'm also busy with building up a block,just the 2t version 180.
nice stuff man keep it up
greets art

hey man
lookin good,you got any idea howmuch hp your runner has.
i'm also busy with building up a block,just the 2t version 180.
nice stuff man keep it up
greets art

Before it blew up the transmission it was dynoed to 20+ with the first setup with too light rollers.

Yes, only 21 BHP. But massive torque. it is a bit depressive with the low power. But some finetuning has been done since.
Now next projekt is the new malossi crankshaft. What a big bad rod on that thing!
Though only 21 BHP the engine is way way different to the trottle than it used to be as a std. 182 cc, with tuned carb and vario with the same exhaust. (15.9 BHP)
I took it for a trackday at Sturup in Sweeden and was 2. fastest. Quite funny doing a 120 with the knee down and overtaking ninja's and CBRs on the inside.
http://www.ducati.dk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4630

Last edited:
:winner:

Why change the crank btw, stock one not strong enough?

Well. I don't realy have any realy good reason.
But it is made, therefore I want it in my engine.
I have allready smasched a Rotax engine on my old Leonardo
(Then time will show, there is room for a nos kit on the Runner.)

Finally. A new set up for the carb and vario and ignition.

It did 0 - 100 km/h at 9 sek. with a 19.7 HP setup and now it has been finetuned a bit. Different Torquedrive, intake funnel and sparkplug Has boosted the performance to a powerwheelie stage of another world.

Enjoy.
269215_l.jpg

269216_l.jpg

269214_l.jpg

Some track images:
249246_l.jpg

249244_l.jpg

I hobe that I can bring it to some international meeting this year.
Drive safely out there.

Did you ever measured the power output when it was still a stock 180cc?
I'm curious about the increase of power.

I know a stock 180cc 2 stroke has 17,5 hp so over 24 hp is a very nice score with a 210cc 4 stroke!

Are the 'only' "power effective" adjustments you've made to reach this the malossi 210cc, camshaft, valves+springs, digitronic, in- and outlet channel modifications and the exhaust?

Are the 'spiebanen' (don't know the english word :p, if you don't understand i will look it up ;)) of the malossi torque drive straight? I thougt to see on the pics on the malossi site that there was still a curve in it?

I'm asking because i'm also looking to do something like this ;)

Btw, a German firm called Kübler sells a 244cc kit for the vx(r). This is a 72mm bore and 60mm stroke cilinder from a piaggio quasar engine.

The kit includes the cilinder+piston (same bore as the stock 200cc but, higher), 60mm stroke crackshaft (modified, to fit the runner ignition) and the other parts you need to fit it to your engine like a longer camshaft-chain etc. Cost just under 600 euro, maybe something for you?

Back