scooter racing scene in The Philippines

Aidix said:
That's the only place you have :).
I think it's also very warm in the Phill. compared to Holland. You'll have more trouble cooling.

yeah, Phil. is a tropical country.. we dont have winter here..

In Holland they have very heavy scooters with a lot of "extra plastic" and other "cool shapes that look good" on the front that take up a lot of space. Behind it is usually enough empty space to put the radiator.
So the radiator is at the same place as those scooters in Phill. but they are covered by an INSANE amount of plastic.
Also 50% of the scooters are already liquid cooled so the radiator is there when you buy it.

Aidix said:
In Holland they have very heavy scooters with a lot of "extra plastic" and other "cool shapes that look good" on the front that take up a lot of space. Behind it is usually enough empty space to put the radiator.
So the radiator is at the same place as those scooters in Phill. but they are covered by an INSANE amount of plastic.

most of the scooters here are A/C from its origin & converted to L/C so that is why it doesnt have enough space for rad.

Last edited:
starting
2242DSCF0118_car.JPG

22422242DSCF0103_car.jpg

22422242DSCF0144_car.jpg

22422242DSCF0057_mak.jpg

2242DSCF0071_car.JPG

2242DSCF0042_car.JPG

2242DSCF0114_car.JPG

2242DSCF0109_car.JPG

2242DSCF0104_car.JPG

2242DSCF0100_car.JPG

2242DSCF0079_car.JPG

zips are kinda rare in the Phil. 'coz its not CHEAP!
2242DSCF0113_car.JPG

Emo,
can you also buy the Chinese brand scooters in Phil. ?
I've noticed some of them look quite OK and are very cheap. (But most are 100% garbage)
Some have Honda and Minarelli engines.

Aidix said:
Emo,
can you also buy the Chinese brand scooters in Phil. ?
I've noticed some of them look quite OK and are very cheap. (But most are 100% garbage)
Some have Honda and Minarelli engines.

yeah there are alot of China made scooters here, theye are cheap as well as the quality!! it's better to buy Taiwan made scooters 'coz they have a better quality..

Mini-g said:
Wooh... fellow philipinos do race :)
Hope to see some next time i visit ;)

yes! we race hard here..
are you a Filipino too?? where do you stay when you're here?

top two Filipino Super Bike Race.. battling for 1st.
2242pukpokan1-med.jpg

2242pukpok-med.jpg

emo said:
everything has its own purpose.. they put it that way to cath more air for better coooling.. & you? where do you put your radiator??

but why do they place those plastic behind the radiotors?
in that way you dont have a good air flow trough the radiator, when you get rid of the plastic behind it you have way better cooling.

in holland there already radiators placed in most scooters, the only thing we have to do is, place a bigger or an extra rad, and make the space behind the radiator open :)

nice pictures anyway, looks cool to see how people in other coutries race!

//edit:
i see some people race in there jeans, hope they dont crash.. :X

mcjeen said:
but why do they place those plastic behind the radiotors?
in that way you dont have a good air flow trough the radiator, when you get rid of the plastic behind it you have way better cooling.

in holland there already radiators placed in most scooters, the only thing we have to do is, place a bigger or an extra rad, and make the space behind the radiator open :)

nice pictures anyway, looks cool to see how people in other coutries race!

//edit:
i see some people race in there jeans, hope they dont crash.. :X

in drag racing 90% of racers are A/C or dont uses their rad. even on L/C cylinder, to reduce weigth... there are holes behind those plastics.. some of them can't afford to buy racing suits, b'coz it cost thousand bucks here.most likely 15,000Pesos

emo said:
yes! we race hard here..
are you a Filipino too?? where do you stay when you're here?

top two Filipino Super Bike Race.. battling for 1st.
2242pukpokan1-med.jpg

2242pukpok-med.jpg

Probably Gumaca, my mothers birth town.. otherwise Manilla.

Hey EMO you should look for that idle speed adjusting screw for your 30mm carb & bring it here ASAP so i can start tuning you Honda Dio90cc scooter in time for the Dec.11 dragrace in MUnoz, NE.

BTW that new exhaust pipe made by Corne for the Yamaha Jog90 worked like magic! the damn jog really woke up it accelerates like crazy i've never felt it do that before with the other 2 pipes.

now i'm set on having a custom pipe made for your dio90 with similar specs to the new jog90 pipe, i just wish you were here to test the jog90's new found power. it's a cross between the MHR Team & EVO2 pipe with a straight silencer at the end of the baffle cone.

i ordered 2 more of the same spec pipe, i can't wait to test it on my MHR Team/Speed set-up.:D

road racing literally

this road racing was organized by the city Mayor, it is a Mayor's Cup & it is a yearly event which is held along the streets of his Minicipal Hall..

2242game.JPG

2242kangkong.JPG

7948by_joel_francisco27.jpg

4595erwin.jpg

2242beta2-med.jpg

2242semplang.jpg

2242geof.jpg

2242ivan.jpg

2242beta.jpg

2242carlomayors-med.JPG

Last edited:
Hi emo!

Now I found your nice topic!:)

That 13.2secs seems to be possible to me !

Anyway nice pictures!!

I think it's very cool you have street racing too in the whole town!

We have these small scooters too, but they aren't very popular in track racing we use it for ice racing etc, I think you haven't got ice-racing machines :p

cool

racing in the middle of the city :D

Btw, i see a lot of racers in just sweaters, that's not really safe. Did those people ever heard about: head cracking? Or maybe a kilsswitch :p

Browni said:
Hi emo!

Now I found your nice topic!:)

That 13.2secs seems to be possible to me !

Anyway nice pictures!!

I think it's very cool you have street racing too in the whole town!

We have these small scooters too, but they aren't very popular in track racing we use it for ice racing etc, I think you haven't got ice-racing machines :p

a strorm racing machine, maybe :D.. 'coz our country is always hits by devastating storms & typhoons..

Back