Minarelli Aluminium Dragster.

Congratiulations on your victory!

I have to compliment your craftsmanship that is truly very nice.

Unfortenately, as others also posted, the engineering is far from optimal.
We Dutch like to have stiff constructions with minimal weight.

That's the priority, looks are much less important for us, that's why we look very critical to contruction details.

Had the bike on a weight today. 39.2 fully loaded with liquids. Considering the bike i belive its okay - not gonna put a whole lot more into the weight.

Beside that i got myself some eloxiert gold clip ons today, pretty lightweight indeed. Beside that i have ordered a low profile frontwheel.

Once again there has been a sprinting event in Denmark. In fact, the start of the sprintcup took place last saturday. Lovely weather and 20-25 degrees made perfect conditions for a nice day at the track. The guys behind the event are an newly made gathering of entusiast in denmark who want to expand the spriint scene. Therefore everything has been cleared out and made to perfection. The distance was meassured several times with bot laser and the oldschool "wheel" gauge. Only one problem made the sprint a little bit hard, they didnt had any "sun glasses" for the christimas tree, så it seemed like they were lightening all the time. Secondly all the lights lighted at once which made it even harder, so best RT of the day was 0.4xx - usally 0.0x is not unusual to do in DK, Germany or Holland.

The bike took the second place in the sprinter 70 cc class. Time without RT 6,827 - RT: 0.50x sek.

Only 2/100 of a second up to the first place, and another 10 hundreds down to 3rd place. In other words, the competition and level in top 3 this year is very very high.

And a picture of the 3rd and 1st place bikes:

23.8 on the dyno ^^

They look quite nice! Where you one of the guys that should have come to SBO Etten-Leur butt didn't come?

And why aren't you wearing any kind of protection, like the other guys on the pictures?

They look quite nice! Where you one of the guys that should have come to SBO Etten-Leur butt didn't come?

And why aren't you wearing any kind of protection, like the other guys on the pictures?

Yes, well bassicly we didnt come because there was way to long to drive, just for the fun of racing - but not participate, talking about the 2 cylinder bikes. I hope some day the rules in holland change a bit regarding frames also, because i would have to drive in the FFA70-100 cc. class just becuase i have an aluminum frame.

I didnt wear my Berik suit because its not an rule here in denmark. I had it on for like 3-4 runs, but its so tight and really only fits for track racing, not laying all down on a frame like this.

Well i read all the project pages.. and WOW.
You are very good at cnc and makeing stuff
For ppl who tell that this design sucks and is heavy..
Why you are whining??
It is littlebit heavier than the ultralight ones.. But still it beats them..
So with disadvantages you still come to first or second..
i like the length of the frame.. It makes you streamlined better cause your head and back is not so up than the other guys from the picture..
Also the sidepanels, smoothen the airflow and this meens faster accelerating and better top speed..
(Y)

Some questions..
What is the top speed of this thing??
And with what kind of paint did you painted the brake supports(golden)
I wish to paint them also.. But still haven't got a clue with what i should paint.. (power coating is out of option, and also the spray tuning, cause it comes off so easy..)

Good luck!

Well i read all the project pages.. and WOW.
You are very good at cnc and makeing stuff
For ppl who tell that this design sucks and is heavy..
Why you are whining??
It is littlebit heavier than the ultralight ones.. But still it beats them..
So with disadvantages you still come to first or second..
i like the length of the frame.. It makes you streamlined better cause your head and back is not so up than the other guys from the picture..
Also the sidepanels, smoothen the airflow and this meens faster accelerating and better top speed..
(Y)

Some questions..
What is the top speed of this thing??
And with what kind of paint did you painted the brake supports(golden)
I wish to paint them also.. But still haven't got a clue with what i should paint.. (power coating is out of option, and also the spray tuning, cause it comes off so easy..)

Good luck!

Here in the Netherlands we are running in the 6.5x/6.4x with 70cc :)
I don't know what the weight is in total?

Here in the Netherlands we are running in the 6.5x/6.4x with 70cc :)
I don't know what the weight is in total?

Less, alot, i am 78 kg myself, gues some of those guys must be midgets hehe. Beside that, those times are the top 1-2, which also dont even runs theese times all the freaki'n time. The guys behind top 3 is not yet very fast at all though.

The clip ons are not painted, its an chemical process (don't know the english term, something like eloxering-coating)

Thank you very much on the comment btw. Think we approach this bike pretty much in the same way.

that are the top 3 runs yes, de most guys run in the 6.6x sec with reaction time. I don't know if you guys also drive with the same type of system?

the 78 kg that you weigh is way more than the top drivers here :D they weigh about 60-70kg.

that are the top 3 runs yes, de most guys run in the 6.6x sec with reaction time. I don't know if you guys also drive with the same type of system?

the 78 kg that you weigh is way more than the top drivers here :D they weigh about 60-70kg.

There will always be difference in systems, track and conditions yeah. The german guys that attented here this time do 0.2 faster (running times) in germany than on the danish one. I believe the dssc and sbo system are the very same? equals my time to be just round the corner of the top 3 in holland. Must admit though, 6.4-5-6 is damn fast on a 70 cc sprinter. Enough said, top bike in denmark (speedline twin bb 94 cc) did 5.7 with burns pretty much up to the 70 meter point, awesome engineering.

yes SBO en DSSC system is the same system :)

that twin BigEvo is a very nice machine indeed! i drive a single 94cc BigEvo.
5.7sec is damn fast :D what is the topspeed @ 150m?

yes SBO en DSSC system is the same system :)

that twin BigEvo is a very nice machine indeed! i drive a single 94cc BigEvo.
5.7sec is damn fast :D what is the topspeed @ 150m?

Huh, cant tell you. Only done 2 x 150 sprints in it's existense, one clean run with too much wheeling though, and one run without wheeling but an cracking engine at 100 m. point (due to broken crankshaft) - this only make the time more impressive though. The topspeed, i think, at 150 meter was 147,x but you know, not something that matters at all.

Sorry i ment those brake calipers what you sand blasted and painted. (With what you painted them? I sandblasted mine also. But Don't know with what should i paint)

Well germany, denmark, holland etc. are like 10-15 years ahead from Estonia..
Last year we had our first BB86cc in estonia.. And it won all cups (racing on track has been on for 2 years and is prettymuch at starting point right now)
We have zero sprinters..Cause it is pointless to build, when no competitions are held..
And well, in estonia the wages are very low.. Minimum wage is like 280-300 euros and the. Average is like 800 and this students normaly do not get.. SO it is very hard to tune scooters for 1000-2000 euros, when you have to live, go to school etc...

I wish to take part from one of the scooter event's one day in mentioned countries..That would be awesome;)

Sorry i ment those brake calipers what you sand blasted and painted. (With what you painted them? I sandblasted mine also. But Don't know with what should i paint)

Well germany, denmark, holland etc. are like 10-15 years ahead from Estonia..
Last year we had our first BB86cc in estonia.. And it won all cups (racing on track has been on for 2 years and is prettymuch at starting point right now)
We have zero sprinters..Cause it is pointless to build, when no competitions are held..
And well, in estonia the wages are very low.. Minimum wage is like 280-300 euros and the. Average is like 800 and this students normaly do not get.. SO it is very hard to tune scooters for 1000-2000 euros, when you have to live, go to school etc...

I wish to take part from one of the scooter event's one day in mentioned countries..That would be awesome;)

Ahh okay, well it is car paint sprayed on with air and nozzles.

Estonia might be many years behind speaking of scooter-tuning, but one think is sure, your english is much better than most holland-german guys, and thumps up for that!

Once again it's time for an update. Since last update i have been participating in one sprint event with the sprinter. DHS (denmarks fastest scooter). Allthough i won last year the destiny would only allow me to end up 2nd this year (have won 4 trophy's this year until now), but nevertheless it's okay since i punish my engine quite bad on the Track Sonic:D.

I don't know about the time because the system did not show up with some logical times, but i hope they will come online quite soon. Looking forward to compete and see some of you guys at SAWE - find me beating up my kneesliders at the f1 track on the sonic :D

POWW!!!

MY MOVIE:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoEclyb_ubw"]DHS 2011 Flyvestation Vandel - YouTube[/ame]

Back