Central Stand

More Stuff

I just got my rear light, a new Malossi Vario, rollers and rear brakes, I will start next week to install the light and the undertray, when this is done, I will do the vario and new tranny tuning.
DSC02329.jpg

Regards.

More Parts Installed....

No rear plastics:
RearLightUnderTray7.jpg

Old Light out!
RearLightUnderTray8.jpg

RearLightUnderTray9.jpg

I cut away the OEM connectors:
RearLightUnderTray10.jpg

And installed some nice connectors:
RearLightUnderTray11.jpg

The new rear light:
RearLightUnderTray12.jpg

Add connectors too:
RearLightUnderTray15.jpg

RearLightUnderTray16.jpg

Here you can see the "tail":
RearLightUnderTray21.jpg

I cut the upper part of the tail to use it again:
RearLightUnderTray22-1.jpg

RearLightUnderTray23.jpg

Installed again:
RearLightUnderTray24.jpg

RearLightUnderTray25.jpg

Now, start doing the under-tray:

RearLightUnderTray27.jpg

RearLightUnderTray28.jpg

Had to remove the carb:
RearLightUnderTray29.jpg

First cut for the carb:
RearLightUnderTray30.jpg

Cut finished:
RearLightUnderTray33.jpg

RearLightUnderTray34.jpg

I made some drills to hold it:
RearLightUnderTray35.jpg

Add some nuts:
RearLightUnderTray36.jpg

It's ready to be painted in glossy red, same color of my bike.

Regards,

An Smal Improve

I didn't like the method I plan before for fastening the under-tray, so I decide to change it a little bit, now I'm using some small aluminium blocks, glued to the tray, drilled and threaded:

RearLightUndertray39.jpg

RearLightUndertray40.jpg

View from the front side:

RearLightUndertray37.jpg

RearLightUndertray38.jpg

I will make some deep drills at the edge of the bike's rear plastics, so the screw heads would be flat on them, then a red pain touch up, this should look like this:

RearLightUndertray41.jpg

RearLightUndertray42.jpg

I think this would look better.

Regards,

A little bit more....

Making it fit on the scooter:
RearLightUndertray43.jpg

RearLightUndertray44.jpg

The screws:
RearLightUndertray45.jpg

Another view:
RearLightUndertray46.jpg

First steps on paint job:

RearLightUndertray48.jpg

RearLightUndertray49.jpg

RearLightUndertray50.jpg

After some fine sanding:
RearLightUndertray51.jpg

RearLightUndertray52.jpg

Tomorrow I will give it some more paint, more fine sanding and filally, the clear coat.

Hi Mexicano,​

I am new to these forums, but have read through your article on engine build-up. I just want to say that you do awesome work ! And your photos are stunning. Everything is first rate ! I wish you to be my neighbor, so I could enlist your help on my projects !​

I do not yet own a scooter, but am seriously considering getting one. Not so much for fuel economy, but just the fun of riding in a slower pace. I currently own 2 Harley Davidson motorcycles, and a couple old Honda trail bikes. I am aiming toward a 49cc Vento Triton. Street legal here in Michigan with no plates or insurance.​

Your articles provide inspiration for scooter ownership to be sure !​

Thanks for all your help. It's people like you that make this internet so awesome. 8)​

HrlyDave​

"Ain't Life Grand"​

Hi Mexicano,​

I am new to these forums, but have read through your article on engine build-up. I just want to say that you do awesome work ! And your photos are stunning. Everything is first rate ! I wish you to be my neighbor, so I could enlist your help on my projects !​

I do not yet own a scooter, but am seriously considering getting one. Not so much for fuel economy, but just the fun of riding in a slower pace. I currently own 2 Harley Davidson motorcycles, and a couple old Honda trail bikes. I am aiming toward a 49cc Vento Triton. Street legal here in Michigan with no plates or insurance.​

Your articles provide inspiration for scooter ownership to be sure !​

Thanks for all your help. It's people like you that make this internet so awesome. 8)​

HrlyDave​

"Ain't Life Grand"​

Thanks Dave!

Go ahead and get the scooter, you'll love it!....and when time comes, you'll find a lot of inspiration and advise at this wonderful forum.

Best Regards,

Updates

Here you can see the under-tray almost finished, the clear coat has been done and it is only waiting for fine sanding and polishing

RearLightUndertray56.jpg

Here it is finished!!!!!

RearLightUndertray57.jpg

RearLightUndertray58.jpg

Just a great job! Scooters look so much better without the mud-flaps the manufacturers slap on them. As always, I admire your work. :)

scootertrog

Head Light

As you know, my Scooter has an HPI ignition with "light" coil, this tiny coil is 10 watts only and isn't capable of runing lights or charge the battery, so I have been without lights for so long...usually this is not a problem to me be cause I never drive at nights, recently our "government" bring to life a new law: All the motorcycles and scooters most turn on lights, even at day light (fucking idiots!!!!), so I decide to do something about this:

I made my "home made" LED light bulbs!!!!, they are bright enough, the low beam is a 3 leds bulb and the high beam is a 7 leds bulb, all the lights (rear, high beam, dash lights, etc.) are 0.59 mAh:

LEDHeadLight2.jpg

LEDHeadLight.jpg

LEDHeadLight3.jpg

Here some pics at 7:25 p.m. (still is not dark enough)

LEDHeadLight4.jpg

LEDHeadLight5.jpg

Regards,

Last edited:
Back