Help about Zuma kick stand Please

Martywoos

Hi, We just purchased a new 2008 Zuma Yamaha scooter and love it but I am a 62 year old woman who must be weak!!! I can't get the scooter up on the normal kick stand. Is there anywhere one can get a kick stand that let's the bike rest sideways? Any suggestions----anyone have one they have made or designed? +ralf+ Any information appreciated. I think if one made one, they would sell like hot cakes!!!!!!
Thanks Marty in Mineola Texas must be a weak woman!!!!!

Advertisement - register to remove this

Marty, try to put all of your weight on the stand while you're pulling back. It is 10x
as hard to put it up on the stand while not pushing down on the stands "lip".

Otherwise, there are no "factory" type sidestands for a Zuma. Although there are
many that fit if you would want them to. You'll have to cut into the lower left side
fairing, and either weld the stand to the frame, or do as I did, and drill two holes in
the frame to mount the stand.

I'd just work on putting your weight on the stand while pulling backwards.:)

diddo

im not sure if the zuma comes with a side kick stand or not since i do not have one (but those are not very stable anyways).

I agree that if it's not done correctly, it's definitely is 10 times harder to do. When i first got my scooter, i was trying way too hard to pull the scooter up onto the main stand. Soon enough, i figured out that the key is putting enough weight/pressure down on top of the "lip" or edge that your foot stands on. Maybe if you sort of "stand up" onto the foot that depresses the stand (or at least put most of your weight on it) while at the same time you grip the metal bar behind the seat (the place where a storage box would be fastened) and pull UP & back (more up than back), then it may work for you. At least on my scooter, if you do it this way, it doesnt actually take very much strength.

It might be tricky getting it to work just right the first few times around. Hope it works for you!

Back