Carter tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
die olie smeergaten gaat niet aleen olie doorheen.
jij zegt het al je rijd op mensmering. dan zit de olie al in de benzine.
maar met een normale scooter komt de olie er bij de cabr in duz is dat in het carter hetzelfde.
de benzine met olie gaat door die kanaaltjes naar de buitenant lagers waar de olie en benzine trechtkomen op het lager. :D

Dus wat jij suggereert is dat het blok nog eens op een aparte manier met olie ergens gesmeert wordt?.. Hmmm, niet dat ik weet :rolleyes:
nee, tis gewoon zo dat de olie in de benzine meekomt met het mengsel, en dat zorgt voor smering, ging tot nog toe altijd wel goed he:) (jaja... shit can happen ;))

Wat betreft die arbeidsslag, die bestaat ook bij 2-takt hoor, alleen 2-takt doet zeg maar 2 dingen per slag, terwijl 4-takt 1 ding per slag doet.

2-takt:
Zuiger staat boven,
bougie ontsteekt (arbeidsslag) en tegelijkertijd wordt de cilinder weer gevuld met vers mengsel doordat de spoelpoorten openen, en de naar beneden bewegende zuiger het mengel uit het carter de cilinder in perst.
De zuiger is nu beneden,
krukas draait door, zuiger gaat weer omhoog, cilinder zit vol mengsel, dat wordt nu gecomprimeerd en tegelijkertijd ontstaat er in het carter een onderdruk waardoor er nieuw mengsel aangezogen wordt. Als de zuiger weer bovenin is onststeekt de bougie de zaak weer en herhaalt het zich... (verbeeld je dat eens in, zo'n 13.600 keer per minuut:P)

4-takt:
Zuiger bovenin, bougie ontsteekt, zuiger naar beneden, uilaatklep opent, krukas draait door, zuiger naar boven perst het verbrande mengsel naar buiten. Zuiger weer bovenin, nu opent de inlaatklep zich, krukas draait door, zuiger gaat naar beneden, zuigt mengsel aan, inlaatklep sluit, krukas draait door, zuiger weer omhoog, comprimeren en als de zuiger weer in het bovenste dode punt staat krijgt ie weer een vonk van de bougie.

Bij 2-takt heb je per arbeidsslag 2 slagen, dus 1. aanzuigen (onder de zuiger dus) en comprimeren (boven de zuiger), en 2. ontsteken en uitlaten.

Bij 4-takt heb je per arbeidsslag 4 slagen, dus 1. aanzuigen, 2. comprimeren, 3. ontsteken en 4. uitblazen.

Beetje duidelijk zo?

roost said:
I don't get it why you tune the carters (the piaggio ones) this way, mixture doesn't go directly from the reeds block into the primary and secondary transfers duct! Also the boost port duct is bad, on that edges there are a lot of turbulences.
The mixture goes under the piston! The piston does the suction.
Then, on the carter compression stroke when the transfers open, the flow reverses into the transfer ducts.

My english might be a little bad, but i will try...

I agree with your theory, but don't forget that the mixture isn't a fluid, but it works like a sort of gas. Ofcourse, the piston does the suction, but not al the mixture goes under the piston, it will divide in the whole carter, because that is the quality of a gas-mixture. Sow the mixture will take the way of the slightest resistance. so if you make a 'flowchannel' from the reeds to the mainpoorts the mixture will go under the piston AND in the direction of the mainpoorts. Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm not a tuner or someting...but i like to learn more of 2-tact ;)

Chris@Citta said:
Beetje duidelijk zo?

Ja nu vat ik het helemaal :). Maar nu je toch bezig bent :P Ik vat niet helemaal wat Roost met zijn engelse tekst bedoelt...Kunt u mij daar wat meer over vertellen.

Roost bedoeld dat wanneer de spoelpoorten weer open gaan, dat er dan pas druk wordt opgebouwd die het mengsel de spoelpoorten inperst.

Dus hij zegt eigenlijk dat het mengsel eerst achter de zuiger blijft en vervolgens de poorten wordt ingeperst. We hebben het hier over een tijdsduur van enkele 1000ste seconden.

Wat ik denk is dat het mengsel niet echt tijd heeft om zich achter de zuiger "te plaatsen", omdat je zoveel toeren draait wordt het vrijwel direct de spoelpoorten in geperst.

Dus kan het tunen van carters op deze manier [zoals op de plaatjes] best wel nuttig zijn.

Als het niet goed is...let me know.

Ruben_09 said:
Weet niet, ik ben nog noob :) Dus vroeg het me gewoon af, weet jij het antwoord dan, Big B ?

Zal het eens proberen uit te leggen ;)

Het maakt niet uit of de olie bij de benzine wordt gemengt in de tank, of dat de olie bij de benzine wordt gemengt in de carb.

Het carter veranderd niks aan de mengverhouding van je benzine olie.

Zoals eerder gezegd gaat door die olie kanaaltjes niet alleen maar olie.

:) Thnx, het gedeelte van Roost ben ik al achter gekomen. Vond het niet echt logisch, net zoals hoe jij het vind.

Maar toch bedankt voor uitleg :W

That's not fair, I have no right to reply (coz I dont understand a single word):)
So anyone would make me a favour of explaining me what's ben sayd in short words? Thanx!

Pronk: no no, mixture is a fluid, it isn't a liquid! But that doesn't matter. Yes, mixture fills equally the whole carter. Because molecules of mixture move way faster than the mass flow incoming from the reeds. And yes, because of the mass momentum, maybe some mixture will force towards the main transfers.
But this way the boost port duct translation is pretty much bad done (turbulence losses).

roost said:
I don't get it why you tune the carters (the piaggio ones) this way, mixture doesn't go directly from the reeds block into the primary and secondary transfers duct! Also the boost port duct is bad, on that edges there are a lot of turbulences.
The mixture goes under the piston! The piston does the suction.
Then, on the carter compression stroke when the transfers open, the flow reverses into the transfer ducts.

It's a two way story, the mixture flows into the cylinder because of the difference in pressure between the carter and the cylinder. On the other hand the exhaust also sucks the mixture into the cylinder when the exhaust port opens.

Boyd said:
It's a two way story, the mixture flows into the cylinder because of the difference in pressure between the carter and the cylinder. On the other hand the exhaust also sucks the mixture into the cylinder when the exhaust port opens.

Not exactly!:)
The exhaust pulse lowers furter the pressure in the cylinder.
So anyway the mixture flows from the carter to the cyl. If the pressure in the cylinder is lowered by the exhaust, more mixture is pushed into the cylinder.
So exhaust suction pulse or not, the mixture will flow by the same principle.

You're right, sucking, pushing, it's all one thing: difference in pressure. So why do you think the way of cartertuning showen isn't the right way?

Because the carter - boost port duct lacks an better translation.
Also a bit because the shape of the main transfers duct translation is weird, in fluidodinamic terms.

I do agree with you about the boost port duct, it's better to make to smoothen the edges and create more round shapes. I do think it's better to change the duct to the main transfers because of the strage way it normaly is shaped.

everbody is complaining about better flow to the boost ports, but do you really want more mixture to it?

@ speed 2004 i can understand it

The question isn't if you want more mixture into the boost ports, the question is if you want turbulence at certain spots.

That's what I was thinking too. Isn't crankcase tuning more about designing it in such a way that the mixture "gathers" at certain spots, rather than giving the mixture a kind of "road" to travel? I believe that's why certain tuners choose to have more volume behind the transfers, so the mixture gets just behind it and travels fast to the combustion chamber on pressure up

About the boost ports. I believe I read a while ago that, after testing, it seemed that no power was gained or lost when the boostports were sealed off. I believe it was on the List where Rudi (The One) once mentioned this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back