What is the best carb buy for a high end cilinder?

Hi,
I have a Polini EVO cilinder.
What are you opinions on carburetor for this kind of cilinders (Polini EVO, Malossi Team Speed, Hebo Manston II, etc.)?
Pros and Cons on 21, 24 and 28mm carbs for this kind of cilinders.
Within this carbs what is the best brand and why?
And the easier to tune?

Thank you for your opinions...

Advertisement - register to remove this

dell'orto 20.5 mm whit oval venturi is very easy to tune en they say yo can reach topspeeds simular to a 25mm carb. oke a 28 is faster but you wil need a dyno to get the max out of it.

Mini-g said:
No they're not, they are just oftenly used.. they are very good indeed but you cant say they're the best you'll have to test..

Sure Dell'Orto VHST and OKOs are good carbs too.

Last edited:
Browni said:
Sure Dell'Orot VHST and OKO are good carbs too.

Thats right OKO and Dellie are also good,but that"s why i wrote best between "".Because they have proved to perform well on most fast setup's.I had an OKO too and i can tell you it's was very good on my setup,but i heard some bad experience from other people.I'm not familiar with the Dell Orto Flat Slide.

No 28mm isn't to big.About tunabillity i have never heard of somebody who did tune there PWK.It's works great on most high end setup's without tuning anything.And the PWK 24mm i've never heard of it,but if it's a D-slide i'm sure that it would work great too.

I had a 24mm PWK D-slide by OKO, worked perfectly. Lateron I bought a Mikuni 24mm Flatslide, which worked WAY better. Higher speeds, higher acceleration, etc. I haven't seen a carburator yet which did the job better than the Mikuni.

Keihin 28mm PWK D-Slide is also a good choice, but I prefer the Mikuni.

go in between, get a Keihin PE26 or Dell'Orto PHBH26 carb they are both easier to tune, i have used both on my own & customers' scooters they are perfect for mild to wild set-ups.

Koso

There are new parts at scooter-attack.com for example a Koso 28 mm pwk style carb, with jets is only 93 euro! However emo is still sells this carbs cheaper:)

Browni said:
There are new parts at scooter-attack.com for example a Koso 28 mm pwk style carb, with jets is only 93 euro! However emo is still sells this carbs cheaper:)

hey that's me... i already have your mainjets & slowjet w/ idle screw.. just PM me where to address it ;)

Browni said:

I just noticed that too :) 24mm mikuni kit is also for sale, does they sell manifolds for koso 28mm? order number?

About tunability I was talking about iif it was easy or not to tune.
I think Mikuni's are dificult ones because you can't get jets and parts for them. And if you can it's still dificult to get them right.

Another question is if the 28mm carbs don't get out-of-range for a street use bike. I think that the bike will be without low to middle rpms that are needed on street.

I'm thinking of choosing PWK 24(it exists but rare) because I think a 28 is way bigger than I need and a Mikuni is dificult to tune. The DO 26 are very big in dimensions for my Rally and not so great to tune like the Keihin's are.
This one is for the experts....Is my opinion correct?
I'm correcting my porting to 130-198 or 132-198....to get a little bit more from the engine...

You can easily use a 28 D-slide like the Keihin, the mikuni 24TM is a very good carb. and very easy to get right. Those 2 carbs are if it comes to power almost the same so you can use them both. You have to make the choice!

Back