OK, I need a subframe

Ndog1

Mechanical Advisor
These extension brackets are terrible. Feels like the scoot is going to break in half....lol.

What is the best way for a guy in the U.S to get a subframe. XSH and Kiesler seem like it would take months.

I am an ok welder. I have a mig welder. Anyone make their own subframe? Any tips? Thanks

Ndog1

Advertisement - register to remove this

Well, if you are a good welder, it's kinda easy to do it by yourself;

62720.jpg

This is how it should look like. With this subframe you can mount a Wig + Piaggio MHR manifold (backward) if you would like to.

These extension brackets are terrible. Feels like the scoot is going to break in half....lol.

What is the best way for a guy in the U.S to get a subframe. XSH and Kiesler seem like it would take months.

I am an ok welder. I have a mig welder. Anyone make their own subframe? Any tips? Thanks

Ndog1

lol, i told you about those brackets.

I know you did Rydah. They suck. The harmonics of the frame are terrible and over 60 you have to fight to keep the front end stable. My SR used to be rock solid at top speed and I want it back. Just dont feel like dealing with XSH or Kiesler so I am going to try to make one myself. I was looking at the old kickstand and it has a nice curve to it. I might cut the old stand and use it to weld to the subfame. All I know is that this thing is going to wheelie like crazy when I go back to stock wheelbase and I cant wait!

Take care guys

Whats the advantage to a rear faced carb?

You can mount bigger carbs with a straight manifold. When you do that without a wig, you cannot mount it faced to the wheel, because of the angle. Facing it front is also not an option with bigger carbs since your cylinderhead is at that place.

And some say it improves flow, but I;m not sure about that.

we did our own subframe a few years ago, modified our stock subframe, first time people saw a yamaha jog with a rear facing carb & won some races with that setup, too bad the carb sucked big time, it was a semi downdraft mikuni tm28ss that came from a TZR250, didn't use a wig at that time but if we had one it would be much better.

You can mount bigger carbs with a straight manifold. When you do that without a wig, you cannot mount it faced to the wheel, because of the angle. Facing it front is also not an option with bigger carbs since your cylinderhead is at that place.

And some say it improves flow, but I;m not sure about that.

theoretically it can since the air flows much straighter than the traditional way where the air has to turn almost 90 degrees down, the MRD high mount manifold solves much of the problem, too bad i've got only one to use so i reverted to the KOSO manifold which is heavily tuned for a large cross section for a 28mm carb.

dsc02408ui7.jpg

note how the manifold is almost covered in epoxy, the cross section is so big i broke through some parts of the manifold with my dremel so i had to reinforce the manifold body with epoxy.

we did our own subframe a few years ago, modified our stock subframe, first time people saw a yamaha jog with a rear facing carb & won some races with that setup, too bad the carb sucked big time, it was a semi downdraft mikuni tm28ss that came from a TZR250, didn't use a wig at that time but if we had one it would be much better.

I drive around with TM28SS, works fine for me. It needs some adjustments, but I think it's super.

theoretically it can since the air flows much straighter than the traditional way where the air has to turn almost 90 degrees down, the MRD high mount manifold solves much of the problem, too bad i've got only one to use so i reverted to the KOSO manifold which is heavily tuned for a large cross section for a 28mm carb.

dsc02408ui7.jpg

note how the manifold is almost covered in epoxy, the cross section is so big i broke through some parts of the manifold with my dremel so i had to reinforce the manifold body with epoxy.

I think this is way shorter as using a wig.

Back