Need help Diagnosing

Eoin70

Hi all,

Havent been active here in a long time, I'm having some problems getting my engine running properly and am seeking some help to solve the problem.

The setup is the following.

Minarelli Horizontal
- Stage 6 70cc Racing ( Non modular head type 15hp or so)
-Yasuni R
-HPI ignition 3mm BTDC
-Mikuni TM28SS ( 105 main jet )
- V-Force reed valve
- Overrage transmission, Hebo clutch
- 3,5g rollers with Red tensioning spring

The engine started first time and the throttle response is excellent, the low down power and take off is also great, wheelies and wheel spins :)

The issue arises when I go on full throttle and the engine does not accelerate any further.
I just get this kind of dead sound. When I look at the RPM meter it gets to around 11,500 rpm but does not increase any further.
I have tried every combination of rollers and main jets and also split the engine to replace oil seals which I thought were suspect.

Does anyone have any pointers as to what could be wrong ? I was thinking that perhaps this 28mm carb is just too big for the engine and is not sucking correctly on full throttle.

Advertisement - register to remove this

Ok interesting point. So you think the damaged CDI could somehow be allowing it to perform ok at low RPM and causing problems at high rpm ??
Sounds hard to believe but Ok I can try get a spare CDI. Could it be spark plug issues? I am using an irridium BR8IEX plug currently.

Back