How to tune up a cylinder

-Portmap
-Your wisched timings (you must now how your Enginge works and the needed timings)
-Cut it out from the portmap
-but it again in the cilinder and market the new lines from the bigger ports.
-Last but not liest :D milled it

But when your know-how or your milled skill are not so good,learn more and practise at old 50ccm cilinder;) and at the time still go up;)

i hope you understand my english xD

is there anything to tune on Evolution III ?
I want to buy it and I want to know can I make it better. I will go with prorace exhaust, polini crankshaft, MHR internal rotor ignition and 21 mm carb. I will do the carter to suit the cylinder and flowen, anything else?

Greetings,

is there anything to tune on Evolution III ?
I want to buy it and I want to know can I make it better. I will go with prorace exhaust, polini crankshaft, MHR internal rotor ignition and 21 mm carb. I will do the carter to suit the cylinder and flowen, anything else?

Greetings,

the Evo III is great out of the box, somebody here already got 20+hp with just a 21mm carb, he didn't do anything to the ports & he is a pro tuner so i doubt you can do better than him even if you port the cylinder & install a bigger carb.

it is not enough that you can afford the best & expensive tuning parts, it boils down to how good the person tuning & building the engine is. i can get 20+hp from your setup without having to do anything to the cylinder, i would just concentrate on tuning the carters for better flow bcoz without a good carter tune you can't get past 15hp & let alone 20hp.

porting the cylinder should be the last thing in your list.

Actually, I was a user of Polini Evo III. I got 20.1PS out of untuned cylinder with tuned carters, just light flowing and make it fit to the gasket. In my opinion, you'd better buy few exhausts and test them :) You can get Evo 10 and Pro Race II. You can use the Evo 10 flanche with PRII exhaust.
Greets,

Back