How to tune up a cylinder

Come on guys,
Explain good,how to tune up a cylinder.Every single way to get more hp of the same cylinder kit. There is a lot of useful tricks to make the cylinder more powerful which everyone wants to know it...

Greetings,

Advertisement - register to remove this

start with tuning your carters (crankcase) to match your cylinder ports, a lot of power is made from making the carters flow more air from the reedvalves to the cylinder.

don't mess with the cylinder ports yet if you don't have a full understanding on how altering port height & size affects engine performance. you just don't go in there with a grinder & make all the ports big, you more liable to turn your cylinder kit into junk if you haven't got the tools & knowledge to do it.

start with tuning your carters (crankcase) to match your cylinder ports, a lot of power is made from making the carters flow more air from the reedvalves to the cylinder.

don't mess with the cylinder ports yet if you don't have a full understanding on how altering port height & size affects engine performance. you just don't go in there with a grinder & make all the ports big, you more liable to turn your cylinder kit into junk if you haven't got the tools & knowledge to do it.
Agreed, that's why I haven't touched mine other than to flow the carters, (crankcases where I live).:#

...don't mess with the cylinder ports yet if you don't have a full understanding on how altering port height & size affects engine performance. you just don't go in there with a grinder & make all the ports big, you more liable to turn your cylinder kit into junk if you haven't got the tools & knowledge to do it...

now, who can explain more about drilling ports, or tell us if is already explained somewhere on the web...

Then explain why you go to school?
They give you knowledge mate.
You learn it there.
You don't 'earn' knowledge, you accuire it.

OT: I have NO-Clue

you still have to earn it through hard work, even if you attend school but if you don't pay attention then you won't learn anything.

also schools don't give out knowledge for free, you pay for it before you can enter a school or college.

there is no "free lunch" in life, there is always something you need to give in exchange.

I have read many books but any knowledge can be useful...

you say you have read many books but still you can't figure out what to do with it? you're not paying attention at all, do you want us to spoon feed you on how to do it? nobody taught me how to "drill" the ports or even gave me specific information on how to do it.

i searched for the answers myself & when i found the info i am looking for i read every word of it until it sunk into me then the next step was to actually apply what i learned from the books, this way you can evaluate if the information is true or not.

every now & then you will come across somebody who will help you along the way & point you into the right direction but the most important thing for you to do is think, use that information you got from the books, it is up to you on how you interpret that information in the books & apply it in the real world.

read, understand, execute, evaluate (testing), execute again until you find the method that works, this is how things are done in the world of tuning. don't just blindly follow someone else words or advice, do your own research & try it out. learn to sift through the bullshit to get to the real deal.

you say you have read many books but still you can't figure out what to do with it? you're not paying attention at all, do you want us to spoon feed you on how to do it? nobody taught me how to "drill" the ports or even gave me specific information on how to do it.

i searched for the answers myself & when i found the info i am looking for i read every word of it until it sunk into me then the next step was to actually apply what i learned from the books, this way you can evaluate if the information is true or not.

every now & then you will come across somebody who will help you along the way & point you into the right direction but the most important thing for you to do is think, use that information you got from the books, it is up to you on how you interpret that information in the books & apply it in the real world.

read, understand, execute, evaluate (testing), execute again until you find the method that works, this is how things are done in the world of tuning. don't just blindly follow someone else words or advice, do your own research & try it out. learn to sift through the bullshit to get to the real deal.

look, I live in Macedonia.In my country there is no books for two-stroke tuning engines. There is only some stupid kids who buy malossi full kit,approximately 2000euros with everything malossi on it(cylinder kit LC malossi MHR,innenrotor ignition MHR, carb 21mm, malossi crankshaft, overrange transmition, etc...) and I my bike have polini sport 70cc( 7-9 hp ) , stage6 pro replica exhaust, carb 17, and malossi variator and its little bit faster on the road xD.btw: in our country averige salary is 200euros but still we are buying parts above 1000e. I want to say that we give a lot of money for that and we dont have room for mistakes.

so, can you recommend me some good book for two-stroke tuning engine for scooter especially for cylinder head( ports,timings,etc) ?

Greetings,

Then explain why you go to school?
They give you knowledge mate.
You learn it there.
You don't 'earn' knowledge, you accuire it.

OT: I have NO-Clue

They supply you with a source for the knowledge
What you do with it is your choice, same as a forum like this or a good book

Whats going to be your choice are you going to be like one of those cheeky kids at school or are you going to take advantage and read a book

Back