Gilera Runner 200 ST

tooly

HI,

I'm new here and glad to join this forum.
I'm own a 2008 Runner ST200 4 stroke.
During the last few months I installed a few performance parts.
Currently I have:
-Malossi Multivar 2000 kit
-14 gram rollers/weights
-Malossi torsion controller
-Malossi X kevlar Belt
-Malossi front & rear synt brake pads
-Malossi Digitronic unit
-Malossi Maxi clutch bell
-Malossi Clutch spring set
-Malossi Air filter for stock air box
-A pair of Continental Conti Twist sport tyres
-Leo Vincei 4Road Exhaust
And lot's of cosmetics at the outside part of it....:)

I really like this scooter, It goes like a demon....
In order to get even more performance, is there anything else I can change or do before I get myself into the Malossi Big bore kit (209cc+camshaft+v4 head) ?
Maybe trying other rollers ? like Dr Pulley? different variator ?
I tried the Malossi torque driver with different rollers and clutch springs but it was worse so I got the stock one back.
Tried different spark plugs with different octanes but got back to the stock champion plug.
Currently it's accelerating very fast, the rpm goes quickly to 8600 rpm, top speed about 135kmh.

I will be glad to hear from your exprience.
Thanks,
Roei

Advertisement - register to remove this

I installed today dr pulley sliding rollers, 13 gram.
The acceleration is stroger, even at 70-80 kmh, top speed about the same, around 130 kmh.

mallsoi rear puly was worse then stock ? thats strange .. what was worse ? acceleration or top speed ?

mulitivar 2000 variator is not good at all , get something better like a newer mallossi versions ( they are totaly different design wuth tracks extended ) or get polini speed control variator

if still no more top speed with new variator , means rear pully restrict range so you must change or thinker with it , try that with malossi real pully , it has wider range then stock

Velo , stiffest possible clutch spring with tall gearing for STOP & GO in traffic not really pleasant .. beter try to extenand the range of CVT first , after that if still need more use taller tyre

sliding DR pulley rollers can cause RPM DROP at higher speeds in some set ups , as tip of roler can act like CAMSHAFT under centrifugal force and the tip can turn UP and open pully too fast at higher speeds

HI,

My multivar 2000 is only 6 months old.
Part number 5111885.
The torque driver is also malossi latest, 6112563.
When I installed the torque driver, it was with the multivar, 14 gram rollers, white rear spring and malossi belt.
The acceleration at each point of the throttle was very weak, top speed was the same with lower rpm and it felt it strangled all the time.
My local shop changed the rollers to 11 gram and harder clutch spring so I got back the acceleration from stand point, a little bit better performance but still worse than the stock torque driver.
So I took it off and got back to the stock one.
At this evening I got email from malossi and they don't recommend their torque driver for stock engine.
Another shop here don't recommend it.
Lately I installed the dr pulley sliding rollers, 13 gram since it was the only close one to 14 gram at the size of 20x17 (their dealer here told me to get 20.9x17).
I got better acceleration, same top speed with slightly higher rpm.
A few days later I bought the hit clutch, 40 degrees.
After some tuning of the springs I got it the way I like.
It's a great product, it has a super hold power, almost none slipping, the scooter became sharp and nimble even more and even at 50-60 km/h you can twist the throttle and get pulled pretty hard, not even close to the stock clutch.
The gear kit from malossi and polini, as much as I understand it's will give higher top speed but wil hurt the low end so using harder clutch spring is not right as I will start at higher rpm but it will go down since I starting at high gear.
I think malossi and polini recommend it for modified engines.
By the way, not that I have a problem with my scooter just wanted to know if I can get more performance before I get engine modified.

Other question, the malossi belt has a different shape than the stock one ?
Will it cause the engine to work at higer rpm ?
The reason I'm asking is because once I installed their belt, the engine went higher in the rpm and scooter felt more nimble.
Is it ok ? maybe she slip ? or just the stock belt was old and wear.

Second, Which engine kit you recommend?
-Malossi 209+V4 head+camshaft
-Polini 209
-Kubler 244 or 278

Third and last question....I have the stock Keihin CVK-30 carb.
If I modified the engine, do I have to change carb? like malossi 34 ?
What I don't like in their carb is the manual choke and I heared I need to modified the bay helemt case. (is that right?)
My local shop told me I can stay with the stock CVK-30 carb or just change the jets.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back