New carb & Sports Airfilter For Gilera Runner VXR 200

Dow49

Hello, I am presently customising my 2004 Runner 200, I have just bought a Malossi big carb kit PHF 34mm MHR and a few questions arise, for anyone out there.
First will I need to change the jet and if so what size jet will give me the best performance.
Also will this new carb along with a carbon Scorpion exhaust
( Already Fitted) give me the same performance as the original standard Runner carb, airbox & exhaust.
Before starting to customise the scooter last summer the Runner's top speed was 80-85 Mph depending on the wind conditions & fairly quick off the mark.:p

Advertisement - register to remove this

Malossi has provided the carb. with a god basic setup.
But you can experience that finetuning the jetting of your carb will provide you with better performance.

quote=Velo;3095441]Malossi has provided the carb. with a god basic setup.
But you can experience that finetuning the jetting of your carb will provide you with better performance.[/quote]

Thanks,as long as the new carb gives me a similar performance thats fine, I just wanted rid of the old airbox spoils the look of the runner.*D

Hi Dow49, which tuning parts do you have on your engine?
in my opinion phf34 it's a carb which can give improvements only if you a 210cc cylinder and the head has been modified with slightly bigger valve to allow a bigger flow inside the combustion chamber.

if you're installing it on the original engine i think it's hard to get better performance compared to the original carb... ;)

Thanks for your reply,
I am just putting the new carb on the old set up so far,as long as I can get a similar performance .The runner is my old scooter I am just sprucing it up a little and using it as my summer scooter,gone abit over budget at the moment so this set up will have to do.*D

GILERA RUNNER 210CC T3AM SYK3S

Hi Guys I have Upjetted my walbro carb to 140 with 9.5 gr rollers
stage 6 airfilter scorpion exhaust polini 210cc with gearup and malossi kevlar belt i pull about 80 mph the torque feels good but i want to install a torque driver aswell any ideas regarding clutch spring setup and contra i was gonna do a progressive clutch or (slipper clutch) consisting of one weak spring one mediam and one strong i have had good results with setting up like this great for quick pulloffs but thinking maybe malossi white contra its all trial and error
i like to hear different views many thanks
T3AM SYK3S LONDON UK ENGLAND :)

Hello,

sorry I cant help you with any worthwile info as I am just learning about scooter engines etc,you would be better directing this thread to the main general scooter site.;(

Hi Guys I have Upjetted my walbro carb to 140 with 9.5 gr rollers
stage 6 airfilter scorpion exhaust polini 210cc with gearup and malossi kevlar belt i pull about 80 mph the torque feels good but i want to install a torque driver aswell any ideas regarding clutch spring setup and contra i was gonna do a progressive clutch or (slipper clutch) consisting of one weak spring one mediam and one strong i have had good results with setting up like this great for quick pulloffs but thinking maybe malossi white contra its all trial and error
i like to hear different views many thanks
T3AM SYK3S LONDON UK ENGLAND :)

Hi, i've also a runner with 210cc (malossi) and i've tried many settings on the transmission (i use for racing only on karting tracks).
i've never tried a system with two type of contrast springs so i can't say much abt this idea.
regarding the clutch i can tell u that, on this type of engine, is not really worthy to replace it. the original one (as long as it's in good shape, well balanced and not worn out) with harder springs works just fine even for racing. you may save that money for buying something also... ;)
in my opinion the best contrast spring is the Pinasco one equipped with the spring slyder of the same brand. it allows u very good acceleration and stability of performance even after the transmission is heated up.
furthermore if u also use the pinasco variator (much better than the malossi one) you'll have improved acceleration with a little increase also in maximum speed, since it allows a little longer ratio.

the above is just from my experience... :)

Hello,

Just thought I should update this thread,after listening to various advice decide to send my malossi carb back to PM Tuning and swap it for for a PM Pipe (61),should come tomorrow.
Keeping the standard air box with a new filter and some art work on it,the runner was working okay before started work on it last June.
Putting the carbon scorpion on my sportcity cube if it will fit or maybe keeping it as spare.9||6

some info you may want.
i have the malossi carb running 118 jet at the min. . but the 1st set of improvements i did to my dna 180 4t was as follows.
multivar 2000 with 10g rollers
pollini clutch + bell
malossi cdi box
malossi power cam
malossi 34mm carb 118 jet
pm exhaust
it was a expensive moment to say the least. but saying that my dna did 94mph on the flat.
my last set of tunning has just finished running in and is now heading to the rolling road. patrs as follows
malossi 210 kit
malossi valves and springs (yes i did it with no thanks to malossi) this is why the new v head is a better option as no machining needed...all ported and polished and gas flowed. muhahaha
malossi tourque driver+ tourque controller
pollini gear up kit
all is good and is alot faster in the mid range now but lacking top end speed. i have had it pulling well on 8g rollers but gone onto 9g now.

the only bad thing about tunning 4 strokes is that you need to do everything to to go faster. if you are looking for a cheap option go for a 2 stroke. i will give you all the new jet details and roller weights and bhp when back from the rolling roadjust saving up now :Z

i have tried avon viper tyres and didnt rate them at all now i use conti twist sport which feel great. the rest of the bike inc brakes and susp is all standard hahaha high speed corner wobbles for the win.
i am 37 and all my mates think i am mad for spending best part of £1580+ on tunning a rev n go. but on the twisties they all give me much respect. my best scalp has been a R1 on the layburn to hawes road and i caught ,took and left him hahahaha hahahaha.
my other bike is a xv 1700cc but my ped is true smile maker:winner:
hope this has helped you

Hi found this forum and wondering if anyone can help me out? I have a Gilera runner vxr 180 and I am experiencing some bogging in high revs same as someone said above. It goes back to normal once you slow down but sounds like not the right fuel air ratio. I have a standard airbox, but I have a GPR exhaust which is great. Last year when I got the exhaust fitted they up jetted me to 108 and idle at 34. I have seen the standard jet size for a vxr 180 or 200 is 34 and 105. I have just ordered these now but the 5mm size. Does anyone know if these will fit or do I need 6mm? I have an old Walbro carb. Thanks in advance

Back