T 190
U 200
H 210
V/VB tot 240
(V) (VB) boven 240
W tot 270(W) boven 270
ZR boven 240

Kaze said:
do you know aprilia sr #57 in denmark scooter racing?

he bought a scooter from me here in belgium.
I know who he is, yes - I've only talked with him once.

What scooter did he pick up at your place?

/Swobber

Update

You still are avoiding my question bright guy.

Question Again: Why does a MANUFACTOR give speed ratings on their tires? What is the purpose for this? This tire is rated at 62mph.

The Dunlop is a J rated tire. Look at the chat provided it is 100% correct.

I am still waiting for your answer?????????????????? Mybe I'll answer it for you. You do not know!!!!!!!!!

Speed

Speed said:

Question Again: Why does a MANUFACTOR give speed ratings on their tires? What is the purpose for this? This tire is rated at 62mph.

I am still waiting for your answer?????????????????? Mybe I'll answer it for you. You do not know!!!!!!!!!

Speed

Then i want to know your answer, you made me curious.

Speed said:
I just went to Dunlop's web site. They only list;

1. (3258-57) 80/90-10 - TT91GP Front
2. (3258-59) 90/90-10 - TT91GP Rear

I do not know were you are getting these 3.50x10 or 3.00x10 from. There still is not a part number provided for these size tires.
I will just order 90/90-10 for the front & rear. These tires are for my shop. We use Sava's. They grip better for a 10" rim. We also have the "New" Sava's Slick 10" tires for the Zip's as well. Our container has not arrived yet so we have not tested them either. Please let me know your findings. The compound is supposed to be different. They said it will have better grip & it will last longer.

Speed

Troy click on the link:

http://ridersnavi.com/catalogue/tyre/TT91GP/index.html

Just like i've said we got our dunlops from Japan, have a nice day

Now the bad news, i've just been informed that the next batch of 10" tires possibly all scooter tires from Dunlop will no longer be made in Japan, it will be manufactured in Thailand... ship to Japan then to distributors. However Price will remain the same as the one made in japan. As for the quality and compound.... i have no idea.

MikkoR said:
Now the bad news, i've just been informed that the next batch of 10" tires possibly all scooter tires from Dunlop will no longer be made in Japan, it will be manufactured in Thailand... ship to Japan then to distributors. However Price will remain the same as the one made in japan. As for the quality and compound.... i have no idea.

My Dunlop TT91 3.50-10 (Malossi) says it's made in Thailand. As this tire is sold under Malossi I don't think the quality is worse.

@ Speed: what makes you think the 90/90-10 and 80/90-10 have a higher speed rating????? It's the same, J, 100 km/h for all dunlop TT91 GP tires!!

That's what Speed is trying to tell you guys......although the tire if great for racing, provides excellent grip and stability, it is only RATED for speeds up to 100kph. manufacturors rate tires on a scale to show at what speed the particular tire is deemed "safe" up to, basically, at what speed the rubber starts to peel off the tire. Now those ratings are all DOT, which is a worldwide standard in transportation. Here in Bermuda, where Speed and I are from, he is pushing 72-75 mph on a very rough surfaced track, which is quite small compared to the tracks you race on in Europe. Because of this, we're wearing out tires faster than on those beautifully paved tracks like Dani showed us in Italy. Since it's a J rated tire, we're thinking that maybe because we're going faster on a rougher track, maybe an L or M rated tire would last longer, and maybe even provide a little more stability, that's all. Also, we've never seen the 3.00 x 10 (70/90 x 10) in a GP91TT here.

Speed is a very respectable dealer and tuner here, who builds fuckin rockets, his talents extending far beyond scooters. He's only asking cause he wants to get the tires in so that guys will have the best possible tires on the market for our up-coming season. So, with that, where can he order the 3.00 x 10 from to try?

Speed said:

Speed
We've had this discussion about 6 years ago with our racing organization.
Our Bridgestone importer came up with the answer.
Those speed ratings are set with a load of (i think) 200kg on the tire.
When the load decreases, the speed rating increases.
There is a table for it, but I can't find it.
As far as I can remember a J rated tire with a load of 100kg is still safe at 150km/u.

Joël said:
My Dunlop TT91 3.50-10 (Malossi) says it's made in Thailand. As this tire is sold under Malossi I don't think the quality is worse.

@ Speed: what makes you think the 90/90-10 and 80/90-10 have a higher speed rating????? It's the same, J, 100 km/h for all dunlop TT91 GP tires!!

From our experience, tires made in thailand even 17" TT900GP is not the same as TT900GP's made in Japan. Even if you compare them side by side you would know which one is better. Now for 10" since all of our stocks here are still made in Japan. However again I've just informed that the next batch will be thailand made, hence we dont have any idea how it will perform against the Japan made ones.

And it doesnt mean that it is sold under malossi then it must be very good, Maybe you guys can try Bridgestone's BT39ss both in YCY and YCX compund i think, not sure about the YCX. its available in all 10" sizes. Anyone tried it?

if you can't get a jap made TT91GP i'd rather be using a BT39SS at least it's jap made. YCX (soft) & YCY (hard) only come in 3.50 & 3.00 x 10 sizes.

Right now you can only buy the Thailand dunlops, the have a smaller profile in compare with the japanese dunlops.

Back