Vento Triton Project...

Got some new pics of the subframe all done and the Kiesler wig semi polished up. Planning on polishing it all the way tomorrow once I get a new polishing wheel.

And as far as the lowend problems, I just go the full Koso pilot jet set from SIP and by swapping the 39pilot out for a 35 it seemed to help ALOT! Now I just need to play with the needle and I should be done...

If u still want the iternal rotor with the lights you can use the new polini evo ;)

0104171.0529_hi.jpg

I own a Vento Triton R4i like yours, but mine is 100c.c., some few questions:

What size is your belt? Part No.?
Where did you attached the temperature sender?

Thanks!

I'm still thinking about an ignition but will most likely not get one as they are sooooo freakin expensive.

Mexicano:
I love your stroker setup and actually had a stroker on this before I went to the evo setup with a new set of stock cases. Belt right now is the stock one but I am waiting to find a belt larger than the Polini p/n 248.004. So far I havent found anything longer than that and may have to sell the O/R as I have about 3-5mm of unused rear pulley...

And I used the watercooled sensor that comes with the gauge and drill/tapped it into one of the cooling fins on the head. I put it on the bottom right fin (if you were looking right at the head mounted) where the least amount of direct airflow hits it for the highest readings.

have you tried the malossi over range belt. polini doesnt make a over range belt for the jog tranny so i bought a malossi belt for my bike.

cantdrive55 said:
Mexicano:
I love your stroker setup and actually had a stroker on this before I went to the evo setup with a new set of stock cases. Belt right now is the stock one but I am waiting to find a belt larger than the Polini p/n 248.004. So far I havent found anything longer than that and may have to sell the O/R as I have about 3-5mm of unused rear pulley...

And I used the watercooled sensor that comes with the gauge and drill/tapped it into one of the cooling fins on the head. I put it on the bottom right fin (if you were looking right at the head mounted) where the least amount of direct airflow hits it for the highest readings.

cantdrive55: thanks for your kind reply.
My stock belt is 800m.m. out side diameter and I cant find a Kevlar belt that long, I got 2 different minarelli 100c.c. long carter belts but those are shorter by 10-12 m.m.

I'm using the same sensor, and did the same kind of job you did, in the same place at head!!!..coincidence...which are your readings?..mine is very hot....some times reaches 100°C (212°F)!!!!

I feel my engine is overheating and I dont know why......

Regards

I had the sensor on my stroker setup kinda like yours and had reading going all the way up to 230F but I was told that with a large stroker like that cast cylinder and all that temp was fine. On my Evo though, I see 180F tops while riding and as soon as I turn it off and have no fan cooling it bumps up to about 200F but I did have it jump up to 223F one time when it was about 100F outside!!

cantdrive55 said:
I had the sensor on my stroker setup kinda like yours and had reading going all the way up to 230F but I was told that with a large stroker like that cast cylinder and all that temp was fine. On my Evo though, I see 180F tops while riding and as soon as I turn it off and have no fan cooling it bumps up to about 200F but I did have it jump up to 223F one time when it was about 100F outside!!

Thanks cantdrive55!....now I will have peace of mind.....
My engine stays most of the time about 90°C-95°C, if I go full throttle it reaches 100°C-102°C and some times 110°C....I'm thinking how to use a computer fan (200CFM) to aid for cooling, specially at red lights (Low r.p.m's) and when full throttle....may this work?

After riding for a while if I stay at a red light for some 3 minutes, the temperature goes to 100°C-106°C, once at green light, I go 3/4 trottle and the temperature drops to 85°C-90°C, so the fan is working fine...

Regards,

cantdrive55 said:
Well, I blew the cooling fan up last night. I guess it doesnt like 12,874rpms...

I plan on getting a new one later today.
lol, get yourself a oem yamaha cooliing fan, they can take the revs. i even ran a daytona fan on my old jog set up and it never gave me a problem.

i think that vento 100 is really a 90cc. it might use the jog90 engine.
thanks! i was planning to buy a yamaha jog but i am having second thoughts because im a big guy. vento triton really looks cool and aggressive.

cantdrive,
what's the top speed of your vento now and when it was still all stock?

Hi Jay, I would get the Jog as you can do plenty with it. The 100cc triton comes with a set of jog90 cases originally.

Stock the 100cc Triton was doing 50-60mph then stock 50cc it did 45-50. Now I have topped it out at 77 but it cruises with ease at 65 and goes up to 70 pretty easily.

Back