Vento ZIP Project

Cy-Tuning said:
what does the ceramic coating do??

It can protect the piston from a little damage (overheating), it can lengthen the life of the piston, reduces the sliding friction, and heat resistant!

The other little advantages: more power, less noise maybe less feuel consumption!

Another pics from the carb and air filter set up:
DSC03243.jpg

DSC03242.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

Almost ready for a test ride!!!

mexicano that is such a waste of money with the cdi
just place a switch in with the trigger wire from the stator thats best :)

maybe u can even connect it to the key switch

Eoin: the black/white wire is connected to the key switch "kill" wire, but it doesn't shut down, if I connect the blue wire coming from the stator (As told by Willy from HPI) it use to shut down but, now it doesn't work at all, no spark from coil, no voltage from stator....a piece of shit!!!

Coming from a small ride near the neighborhood....this ZIP is fucking fast.....I'm impressed...still needs a little jeting and maybe timing, also I will wait for the new CDI from HPI to test it with inner rotor, but I can tell you now...my kid is going to make me eat dust with his "new" toy.....only problem is that I'll have to improve brakes ASAP.

Eoin:

First problem was it didn't "kill" the engine with the black/white wire, so I used the blue wire and it worked O.K. but the next day it didn't start at all and I checked all the system and found out I don't have spark and no voltage coming from the CDI to the coil, Willy said it is a defective CDI...what do you think?

its an easy think to check
measure the resistance of your stator

measure onto the frame of the stator and to the white and blue wires

you should see approx i think 500 ohms between ground and each connection blue and white
do not take advice from willy he advised me for a new stator when all i needed was a new coil

what way did u place the switch on the stator wire
please tell me u didnt switch it to ground

Well: My stator reads 390 Ohms between blue and white...and yes I switched the bue wire to ground as WIlly said...he suppoused to "know how" as a factory tech!!!

I have not check for resistance between blue and ground or between white and ground but I will in a few minutes...

between the blue and white hmm not so sure about that

but just check to ground on each wire the exciter and trigger

i think around 300-500 is normal

Eoin:Since the very first checks I did, my stator resistance between blue and white was 390 Ohms, between Blue and ground 389 Ohms, between white and ground 54 Ohms, this readings were taken BEFORE the ignition don't work anymore and they remain the same.....in other hand, YES I grounded the blue wire to shutdown the engine bacause Willy told me to do so....he suppoused to have the "knwo how" as a factory tech?????

This HPI rally wake up my anger!!!!!

Last edited:
maybe that 54 ohms is fine
i think its a thing of it working or not working
once you see a connection that is fine

so now i think you can say your stator is fine

next measure the resistance across the input of your spark coil you should see about 1-2 ohms

O.K. Today I got the spare CDI.....I just change it and "Volá"....it worked fine again and the black/white wire (Kill Wire) is working now, the Zip is runing great!!!....so fast and smooth.....maybe faster than my Triton R4i and with less money on it.....

Here is a pic of the HPI installed:

DSC03183-B.jpg

Mexicano said:
O.K. Today I got the spare CDI.....I just change it and "Volá"....it worked fine again and the black/white wire (Kill Wire) is working now, the Zip is runing great!!!....so fast and smooth.....maybe faster than my Triton R4i and with less money on it.....

Here is a pic of the HPI installed:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d101/MomoMexicano/DSC03183-B.jpg

Try this:

Remove the ground cable you have there now, and put one between frame and block. (not on the HPI itself)

Back