Vento ZIP Project

yes the stator is already earthed to the engine trhough the groundplate hence the name
so now you shoould place one wire between the coil - and the engine block

Thanks guys but believe me....the engine, coil, etc. is grounded very well!!!, the one at the pic is only an "extra"...just in case..... in fact, I made some test with an MVT/Digimax and it runs well...not problems at all...

Mexicano said:
TomiiY:The scooter is 2004, the manifold is standard, the carb is PWK 24 m.m. and will use a K&N air filter.

yes i can see that, but i mean that because the manifold's standard, it's to small to make good use of the carb.
good luck with it, i'm sure your son will be very happy with it!

Big B NRG: My HPI still doesn't work.....Willy from HPI asked me to send it back to Belgium for some test....and I will later today....another 60 euros just for shipping to the test!!!!, can't believe this.....

Yes, Mexico City is a sunny place, specially where I live, it is the very far south part of city...only problem....we are 30M people living in this city, so...just imagine the traffic.....it can't be worst!

Last edited:
Mexicano said:
Big B NRG: My HPI still doesn't work.....Willy from HPI asked me to send it back to Belgium for some test....and I will later today....another 60 euros just for shipping to the test!!!!, can't believe this.....

Yes, Mexico City is a sunny place, specially where I live, it is the very far south part of city...only problem....we are 30M people living in this city, so...just imagine the traffic.....it can't be worst!

Pff, 60 euro's for shipping:O

You should buy a selettra :) Save's shipping costs :p

Some pics of the ZIP90:
DSC03306.jpg

DSC03305.jpg

DSC03304.jpg

DSC03303.jpg

great project dude :)

i think you bought the scooter new and stripped it immediately without driving it :D beacause all of the parts looks brand new :D

So were you able to grind out the entire manifold? I know that its a horrible design but I would think that you really couldnt open it up too much. What tool did you use?

cantdrive55: I used my Dremel to port the manifold but it was imposible to open it wider, very thin, I'm into the process of doing my custom manifold 25 m.m. diameter

O.K. the HPI guys said they found the problem with my ignition...a sort of defective part at the light coil???? (They didn't explain well) they sent it back to me yesterday...so...after HEAVY DOLLARS spent on shipping cost for WARRANTIES I hope it works well when I get it back...I will keep you posted.

Ragards

Well.....I got the HPI back home yesterday, installed and the scoot started fine at the first try, like it had to do since the first time.

Even I'm not happy with all I went thru with this HPI ignition, I want to thanks Willy for all the support with this issue.

Hey could u help me out?... I need a manifold just like that only a little bit shorter and with a different angle.

Back