Reborn high-end r0x

tph-x

Hi!

I want to show you my new project and I hope to get it ready until summer 2007. Scooter isn't ment to public streets so I'm just building a fast high end racer just for my own fun ;)
I've tuned scooters for couple years now and since I'm already 20's old so I mainly drive my car to get from a to the b +pippi+

My setup's going to be:
-Polini Evolution 47,6 (blueprinted)
-Exhaust Yasuni c20
-Carb Stage6 PWK 28mm (tuned)
-Crankcase (tuned by me)
-Air Filter Stage6 (2-stars)
-Malossi MHR ignition
-Malossi MHR inlet manifold (coming)
-Kiesler Wig (coming)
-Reed Valve Malossi MHR (coming)
-Crankshaft Malossi MHR HPC
-Variator Malossi Overrange
-Malossi Delta-clutch
-Stage6 Wingbell (coming)
-Gearings (coming)

evo4.JPG

my old "street" scoot.

project.JPG

I'm going to use body parts from the aerox on the left

frame01.JPG

All parts taken off.

frame02.JPG

frame03.JPG

the paint on the frame was really bad and had to sweat it before new paint.

frame04.JPG

basecoat.

frame_reborn01.JPG

frame_reborn02.JPG

reborn! +ralf+

block02.JPG

next job after the frame is to get block tuned up :)

block.JPG

I have already tuned a bit for an evo cylinder, but there is much more to sweat !

carter02_tuneup.jpg

carter_tuneup.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics, but I used my mobilephone instead of digital camera because it's missing :eek:

Update 13-08-06

block01.JPG

block02.JPG

block03.JPG

block04.JPG

block05.JPG

block06.JPG

block07.JPG

crankhase is near finished. :)

stuff.JPG

stuff02.JPG

yasuni.JPG

c20
shocks.JPG

ready for sanding :)

Next I'm gonna go for the cylinder and the carb, hope I get a new update tomorrow with a better cam lol :D

Update 14-8-06

New pics,
carb.JPG

Stage6 black edition? :D
carb02.JPG

carb03.JPG

carb04.JPG

carb05.JPG

carb06.JPG

case.JPG

case02.JPG

case03.JPG

evo.JPG

rounding corners :)
evo02.JPG

piston.JPG

shock.JPG

front shock sanded with a 120

Update 15-8-06

steel_epox.JPG

steel_epox02.JPG

I filled up the holes with steel epox

Update 18-8-06

Rims.
nitromors.jpg

rim.jpg

rim02.jpg

rim03.jpg

Shocks.
shock.jpg

shock02.jpg

shocks.jpg

V-Block.
variatorblock.jpg

variatorblock02.jpg

variatorblock03.jpg

Energy.
energy.jpg

Update 22-08-06

bling.JPG

bling02.JPG

bling03.JPG

bling04.JPG

rim.JPG

rim02.JPG

mini.JPG

Update 24-8-06

brake.jpg

subframe.jpg

:D
rims.JPG

rims02.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Update 23-09-06

Some new parts have arrived.

Stage6 rear tire :)
tire.JPG

MHR
ignition.JPG

Killswitch
killswitch.JPG

Multimeter
multimeter.JPG

at last I get new crank bearings and seals next week and hope I find some time to start doing the engine.

Update 6-10-06

crank.JPG

crank02.JPG

crank03.JPG

wheels.JPG

stage6_slick.JPG

Update 8-10-2006

motor.jpg

motot02.jpg

motor03.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Update 9.10.2006

Today I got some serious motivation and made a small test how does the engine sound :) Updated also a small video clip for you, enjoy :D

engine.jpg

Made a 1 litre tank ;D
tank.jpg

Here is the clip
http://www.saunalahti.fi/jkarel/scooter/project2007/9-10-06/test.avi

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

Nice. :) Hope I will raise enough money to start my own project. ;)

I will quote jusutus and say: rdzN @ motot dot net. ;P

I've now blueprinted the evo and all the ports should be now a same size, also I just finished the front shocks and r blingbling now :D I forgot the camera again so a new picture update is coming after the weekend. I'm going to use an electric waterpump so I won't polish my ignition cover tho, but I'm working with the variator block during this weekend. I Hope I'm going to make a new part order today including malossi ignition, gearings, bearings, mhr manifold and reed valve etc. So maby I'm going to testrun it during this autumn ;)

Last edited:
tph-x said:
I've now blueprinted the evo and all the ports should be now a same size, also I just finished the front shocks and r blingbling now :D I forgot the camera again so a new picture update is coming after the weekend. I'm going to use an electric waterpump so I won't polish my ignition cover tho, but I'm working with the variator block during this weekend. I Hope I'm going to make a new part order today including malossi ignition, gearings, lagers, mhr manifold and reed valve etc. So maby I'm going to testrun it during this autumn ;)
Do you mean "bearings" with the "lagers"? :D

I think the holes you filled with epoxy steel are for the air/fuel mixture to be able to grease the crankshaft bearings x|

LayZee said:
I think the holes you filled with epoxy steel are for the air/fuel mixture to be able to grease the crankshaft bearings x|

I think that 28mm carb will grease enough bearings and compared to the original setup, it's not made to endure over 20000km without service. Just my opinion tho :)

tph-x said:
I think that 28mm carb will grease enough bearings and compared to the original setup, it's not made to endure over 20000km without service. Just my opinion tho :)
Yes but if you run the bearings with no oil in them, they overheat pretty easily and cause some unpleasant surprises.

jusutus said:
Yes but if you run the bearings with no oil in them, they overheat pretty easily and cause some unpleasant surprises.

who said bearings won't get oil? :eek: There is 2 lubrication holes already.

nismo46 said:
How do you make the steel parts so chromy lol

What do you use to make them like that?

thanks

I start to whet them with a 100 grain sandpaper, then I follow for example 240, 320, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, and 1500. When it's all smooth and plain, I finish them with a rubbing wax (autoglym is good)

It took like over 20hours to polish all those parts :eek:

Was just about to ask about the polishing but saw it already posted! so how do you do it just start with 100 and work your way up? how do you know when to move up to the next grade? cheers if you could provide some instructions i want to do my engine case!

blnd said:
Was just about to ask about the polishing but saw it already posted! so how do you do it just start with 100 and work your way up? how do you know when to move up to the next grade? cheers if you could provide some instructions i want to do my engine case!

Polishing the engine case is behind a true pain :D with all of those small details, but I hope you a good luck and be patient with low grain papers like under 200. Base/bottom-work is most important to do well, so when you go up to smoother levels of paper you will see how have you succeed with the base-work.
I like to use an electric grindstone up to a 400 grain to save some working time, but all small details you have to whet by hand. So if you have done the base well you just have to smooth the track of the older paper until you have succeed thought to 1200 of grain.

Patience is the quality ;)

I really dont see why you're explaining to everybody here how polishing is done, they dont even look half done. Dont mean to be a smartass or anything but if something is correctly polished you can do your hair in it, like Petrik said, it needs a lot of work :rolleyes:

Quite simple, youre textbook information all adds up, you just didnt use it very well. If you start with sandpaper 80 to follow with 120, you keep sanding it with 120 till all the 80 marks are gone, then you step up to 180 you keep sanding till the 120 marks are gone.
And so on. The trick is to start with a completely smooth surface. When you are up to 1000 of 1200 it shines quite nice, after polishing its even better.
Belgom is the right product to keep it shiny, alltough I believe it's not ment for the starting polish act.

Back