Race pictures of yourself?

On racescooters I can understand you want a leather suite. But on a sprintscooter for 150/201 meter straight forward...

On a track, you have curves etc and you take more risk. On a scooter that is ment for 150 meter straigth forward, the risk issn't high.

Last edited:
Big B NRG said:
A firm jacket, handcloves and jeans will provide for me.

A full leather suite, issn't cheap.

And the loss of wages while you are off work healing is?

I have highsided at 90mph (150kmh)about 18' in the air, lowsided at 120mph(200kmh) and many times at lower speeds. So far I have never had road rash while racing and my equipment always allowed me to walk away. But if you like pebbles being pulled from your skin and the nurses using steel wool to clean the dirt out of your wounds then it is your choice. We all score different on an IQ test.

PetriK said:
i think those suits look redicilous... jeans, handgloves and a longsleeve will do it for me, theres not much that can happen on 150 m straight... its your responsibility that your scooters 100% safe...

Until that one part that never fails does. Or that one guy crashes into you. I watched a guy die last summer when he tried passing someone around the outside. The other guy moved over and cliped his brake lever and made the front tire stop instantly and catapult him into a cement wall at the pit exit. His bike was 100% safe and he was racing well but a freak occurance put him on the ground. Who wants to be sliding on your back regardless of how it happened and who's fault it is? The assumption that you prepare your equipment well and race safely is all the protection you need is stupid.

I can't view the images..
emo said:

ex-racer#2 said:
Until that one part that never fails does. Or that one guy crashes into you. I watched a guy die last summer when he tried passing someone around the outside. The other guy moved over and cliped his brake lever and made the front tire stop instantly and catapult him into a cement wall at the pit exit. His bike was 100% safe and he was racing well but a freak occurance put him on the ground. Who wants to be sliding on your back regardless of how it happened and who's fault it is? The assumption that you prepare your equipment well and race safely is all the protection you need is stupid.

since when are there croners in a 150 meter straight?

PetriK said:
so why dont you respect that choice...

Guys who ride reckless or ride unsafe (bad brakes/or no safety clothes for example) give the whole scooterscene a bad name. A great meeting/sprint, were everyone drives safe and use the right precautions
(again; brakes/clothing) And one doesn`t and causes problems (accident orso) What do u think that people/media will make of that meeting/sprint?
Yes, a bad one. Unsafe with those reckless scooterowners.

We still have a bad reputation.

PetriK said:
so why dont you respect that choice...

If you read my last post I stated it was your choice and your consequences.

I have no pity nor do I feel bad for someone who gets hurt becuase of lack of protection. It was their choice. In the US some states allow you to choose if you want to wear a helmet or not. Believe it or not some people actually choose to be stupid and ride helmetless.

Since no one feels they will crash nor have any sort of mechanical why not ride in shorts and t-shirts? Better yet ride naked? After all you only get road rash when you slide on the ground. Since you do not plan on hitting the ground you don't need to wear ANYTHING. The point is none of us PLAN on crashing. None of us PLAN on hitting the ground. But somehow it keeps happening to people all over the world.

If you want I RESPECT your RIGHT to your own opinion. But I do not respect the opinion nor the arguement that it is based on. The two are seperate.

Using the argument of someone being stupid for not wearing a helmet is weak logic. If you transfer the principle to any activity in which some person was injured it would get out of hand fairly quickly. Lots of people get hit by cars walking across the street, probably more than die each year on motorcycles. This greater number is due to the greater number of pedestrians so one has to consider probability. Once you do that then subjective thresholds for risk must be put in place. Once that is done all rational arguments for what is right and wrong are moot as it becomes a personal ethical dilemma. If laws that require helmets are put into place the given populace has decided as a whole that the cost of such an activity is too high and has collectively set the threshold for risk. Again, the choice of setting the rule is not a matter of logic of argument but of a democratic process.

I used to live in a state that didn't require a helmet. I would wear one most of the time. But I miss being able to ride without one. It's a completely different experience. Like sex with and without a condom. Risks come with everything. The best advice is to stay home wrapped in a giant protective bubble and eat very little food. Anything else must be stupid!

brookespeed said:
I used to live in a state that didn't require a helmet. I would wear one most of the time. But I miss being able to ride without one. It's a completely different experience. Like sex with and without a condom. Risks come with everything. The best advice is to stay home wrapped in a giant protective bubble and eat very little food. Anything else must be stupid!

I used to think slow speeds without a helmet were ok. Just around the yard on my trials bike or enduro. Stick a throttle and go throught the woods flat out and your mind changes very quickly. (I have hurt myself more at low speeds under 50kmh than at 150kmh)

We all have differing opinions on racing/riding gear. When any of us is lying in the hospital or at the side of the road we will know whether our decision was a good one or not.

We have all highjacked this thread.... now back to racing pics?
All I have are bike racing pics if those qualify???

here is what i can manage to find of pictures of myself, last year's endurance race.

overrev%20endurance.jpg

overrev%20leostar.jpg

cub racing.

ex-racer#2 said:
And the loss of wages while you are off work healing is?

I have highsided at 90mph (150kmh)about 18' in the air, lowsided at 120mph(200kmh) and many times at lower speeds. So far I have never had road rash while racing and my equipment always allowed me to walk away. But if you like pebbles being pulled from your skin and the nurses using steel wool to clean the dirt out of your wounds then it is your choice. We all score different on an IQ test.

I don't race on a circuit. I just sprint for 150 meters straight.
For those 5 times a year that I sprint. I'm not gonna buy a leather suite.

If you race on a circuit and you push yourself to the limit, I understand you want a leather suite, because the risk of hitting the ground is much higher.

People with 2f4r do 130 kmh when they pass the 150m line. Me with my heavy scooter is not gonna make 130 kmh @ 150 meter.

Changes of falling when driving 150m straight, aren't that big.

Back