Off road scooter race

Banksy

Hi Guys, Havent posted for a while:L but I having some problems with the scooter.

It will run fine for 15 mins then it sounds like its running out of fuel????
high idle then cuts out, I have checked the following

Fuel tank, fuel tank breather, fuel tap, fuel line, fuel filter, float bowl, all jets, air filter.

not sure where to start next, any advice will help.

If you want to see some of the racing have a look here
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71tL6c-gJfI"]bmf moped enduro 2011 lincolnshire team superhero - YouTube[/ame]
I'm on the orange scooter

Advertisement - register to remove this

If it happened suddenly, then it could be a variaty of things. Start with checking vacume hose and gasoline hose ('pipes'). Check for cracks and if they are not trapped between two parts.

Then blow trough all jets with an airgun (compressor + gun mouth.. dont know exact english terms)

If that doesn't help then try a new sparkplug just to exclude that small little part from being faulty. If still no result, then check the color of the sparkplug after driving at least 1 km highspeed (with an already warm engine). If it's a little gray or very lightbrown then you just need a bigger mainjet. If the color is a nice chocolate or coffee-with-milk tho, then check the cilinder..

Edit: 15 minutes, hmm, has enough fuel and oil then?

Thanks for the sugestions, but I have tried all that, I think the stater plate is faulty?
I will try swapping it out and re test it.

Did you change the sparkplug? Did you check the cilinder? Sounds like it's running dry (english..) or perhaps your CDI is faulty. The ignition itself is the last thing I would check, as usually that works fine or doesn't work (well) at all, in my experience

Have u tried a different carburator?

dsc00884pi.jpg

Maybe the "vlotter" is getting stuck or so, its the fuel cut in the carburator?

This keeps fuel around the main jet so the fuel doesn’t run away from the jet making for a lean condition on takeoff, jumps, bumps, etc.

Hi guy's thanks for all the responce's I like the look of the main jet ring thing sounds like the very same problem I'm having, it tests fine on a smooth track but as soon as it gets bumpy we run in to problems.

I'll have a go at making one should be easy??????

I have dellorto carb 17.5 it has a round float - I guess it needs a bit more weight to it as you cant adjust the float hight.

cheers - Banksy

Sweet vid, I'm the guy your chasing in the first part of the vid on the Gilera Ice. *D
Loved the course and the whole weekends racing was really enjoyable, so much fun. We had similar problems with our bike on the Saturday and found this very helpful thread whilst looking for a solution. I also found because ours is AC it was pulling loads of grass into the fan and packing it round the cylinder and head causing it to run hot and do weird things to the carburation.

Back