This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

what kind of people are you? your culture? ect.ect....

Well..in Mexico cops don't know about "tuning", if you use your helmet you don't have problems, over speed can be an issue from time to time...it depends if they get you, many cops are very stupid at the time of persecutions...many of them are experienced drivers and you can get a fun time runing from them!

In the USA each state has it's own laws. In my state if you exceed 50cc you must have a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license, and all 2-wheel vehicles must have headlights on 24-hours a day. No other requirements. No helmet law. No gear requirements. Noise laws are at the local level, and considered by everyone to be unenforceable. The bottom line: no restrictions.

I know Pinkymingeo..I work for a USA based company and travels a lot to KS, MS, CO and CA.......Live America!!!!

Would be great if we had that here. Here you have to wear a helmet (for your own safety ofcourse), otherwise you get a $45 fine.
The max cilinder size is 50cc, and the max speed a scooter can go is 45km/h. They have these so called 'rollerbanken' (kinda like a dyno) which they use to see how fast your scooter can go, if it can go faster then 50km/h you get a fine. If your scooter can go faster than 80km/h (62 mph) you get a €125 fine (about $170 I think) and your scooter can be taken. That really sucks, especially since almost everyone's scooter can go faster than 60km/h anyway

There's a lot of us "yankees" on this forum, we just don't speak out much. We do not get to witness first-hand the incredible selection of parts / and or scoots you have in Europe. We do the best we can with what we can get. Having parts shipped here from Europe really kills the budget.
My scoot:

Kymco Super 9 L/C
Airsal T6 47.6mm
Arreche 19mm carb
Tecnigas RS70 pipe
Tecnomoto variator
Polini 2g clutch
Polini Speedbell
de-snorked and 40:1 pre-mix

i ordered my polini slip-on muffler for my CBR from a polini importer here in the Philippines last May & when the shipment arrived from italy there's no slip-on? what's wrong with you italians? the marmitta has been already paid for? what gives? i weel keel yuuu olll!!!

tiba karotsu:
I can understand your engry....same happends to me often...don't know what's wrong with Europeans.....they don't answer e-mails or take too long to do it, if you have a tech question...forget it..they won't answer you easily....Americans answer right away and try to help you in different ways...I can't really understand how Europeans run thier bussiness...maybe they think we are not serious doing bussiness...I don't know...I could name many Scoot shops.... It is a shame....in Mexico you can't get ANY high performance parts for your Scooter....nobody sell them....so just imagine how hard is to tune-up your Scoot here...and crazy expensive, belive me, crazy expensive!

Yeah that sucks. The scooter scene here in Europe is really big so you can get anything you want, but the downside to the big scooter scene is that the cops are very strict when it comes to scooters.
Don't know about faulty parts though. A lot of people here on this forum buy stuff from internet shops, and they hardly have any problems with the parts they get. Also don't really know of any problems with emailing them, the shops I've used always answered within 4 days.

BTW since you say there are a lot of Americans here, don't you have any real US forum about scooters and tuning? Or are you just interested in how people tune there scooters here in Europe?

hy!
i'am a 16 years old boy from austria and i habe a zipsp2000 fors sprints and a piaggio nrg for the street.
in my zip is the complete mhr speed setup (massimo tuned) and in the nrg is an kundo70ccm cylinder with forrace.
in austria is the police very hard to scootertuners but you can drive away if the police will fuck you!;-)

best regards

There are a few, like the AF1 forum for Aprilias, but most of the U.S. forums are Yahoo group-based, like my Kymco Super 9 forum.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/super9/

I have learned a lot from my overseas internet "friends". I and many like me, depend on advice from forums like this (this is one of the best, btw), especially since it is in English. There are some good German websites for the Super 9, but I have found that the Germans don't have much patience with non-German speaking people. (No offense fellow German friends - just an actual observation)

I have to agree that the Italian manufacturers do not consider the US market as a viable one. Spain on the other hand, has taken us a little more serious.

guys i haven't understand some parts of your message because i don't know all the english!
so for now can you speak with easy words?

MrSlick:

There are some very good web-based stores in USA but they do not have ALL the great stuff as in European stores.

As scootertrog says the Germans don't have much patience with non-German speaking people.....as well as the Nedelands....

So we will continue learning from you folks!

Ah ok I understand. It does suck that a lot of Italian manufacturers don't think of the US as a serious market, so I can see why it's hard to get some parts then. Here in Holland (and I guess most other European countries) we have a scooter dealer in almost every town, and they can order almost every part so it's easy to get your hands on new stuff.

I think it's kinda cool you guys are here too actually, this way we can see the differences in scooter tuning between a lot of different countries. My English may not be perfect, but I think it's good enough for talking to English people on a forum like this

Yes Mr. Slick...your english is better than mine......sorry Italian boy...we are using plain and simple english...I don't know any other.....

italian boy,

go to Polini & talk to them, tell them where is my 'MARMITTA' for the CBR600RR i ordered from the Philippine importer of Polini Motori, i have been waiting for months & i have been expecting the MARMITTA to be picked up by me 2 days ago, MikkoR is the importer of Polini Motori & he also had a lot of parts not included in this shipment & he too is very angry. what is wrong with you Italians? be glad we're buying your products 'coz if not for us (your customers) there won't be an economy for you to speak of.

I WANT MY POLINI MARMITTA NOW!!! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

tiba_karotsu

This is my experience too.. You can't do anything! One of my friend goes too Italy very frequently, and there is a big chaos at the distributors, he regularly get totally different parts nevertheless he write down the right part numbers

The summer holiday begins very soon (and it's very long in Italy), and all of the italian companys, manufactures, shops will be closed, so you can get your marmitta at september, if you don't press them!

SEPTEMBER!!!! that's too long!!!! curse you italians & your freaking holidays, i hope you get indigestion & diarrhea from consuming all that pizza, pasta & wine!!!

WOE IS ME!!!!

i can't help you...!

i understand your disapproval... the difference that i have notice between the italy and other countries like germany for example is that in general the italy is more indifferent in front of help people... for example: in germany when a person understand that you need his help this person immediately help you... in italy if you don't ask for help no-one come to help you... the italian in general thinking just to his-self....

but this is in general... don't make a wrong idea of italian!
hi guys