Which is best : Polini, Malossi, Hebo, ect.

I think you are going a bit over boared. I am not here to tell you every single detail about my motor. The measurement I gave puts me close enough in the region to gave a conversation about it.
39,3 x 47,6 does not equal 70cc. I got 69.89982888 or 69.90

Note: I know what you are going to say. Its less than 70cc so it is legal.

Added Speed

Jacco,

whoa there now new generation MHR Speed 2003 cilinder has 3 boost ports, now they are maximizing every space available, looks like MHR has another winning cilinder in the market. oh god now i'm starting to regret getting my MHR speed kit this early as i'm itching to buy the new 2003 Speed cilinder kit for mina.

Razma,

you can comfort me again with that smiley 'coz i'm pretty smitten by that new generation MHR speed cilinder as it made my current Speed cilinder look like outdated POS. damn how fast cilinders get updated these days they just keep getting better & better & more expensive.:(

I have talked to the Malossi Tech center. They said that this is not true. It may be a cylinder that someone else tried to modify I can not see it possible to get boost ports in a MHR cylinder. There is no space left. The transfer ports are too close. The transfer ports will have to be re-designed. I have already tried to do this modification myself. NO WAY!!! You can put boost ports in a Metrskit Pro Race Cylinder. If I knew how to send pictures on this forum I would show you.

Note: What is the part number for this cylinder??????????

Added Speed

Originally posted by Speed
I have talked to the Malossi Tech center. They said that this is not true. It may be a cylinder that someone else tried to modify I can not see it possible to get boost ports in a MHR cylinder. There is no space left. The transfer ports are too close. The transfer ports will have to be re-designed. I have already tried to do this modification myself. NO WAY!!! You can put boost ports in a Metrskit Pro Race Cylinder. If I knew how to send pictures on this forum I would show you.

Note: What is the part number for this cylinder??????????

Added Speed

its the new Speed for Piaggio as far as we know here, picture comes from France...

Speed:

Didn't you see the pictures here in this topic ?(About the new speed cillinder?)

3 boosters;)

Het zijn eigenlijk geen 3 boosters, maar 1 booster en 2 extra spoelers, je kunt dit zien aan de lichtval in de "Boosters";)

Yes, you are CORRECT. I had to look closely. It looks really good. I better sell these OLD MHR Kits. I have (8) Malossi MHR back up cylinders for our up coming season.

Note: What is the part number for this cylinder. I will have to sit down when I here the price.

Speed

Speed,

i believe you're also smitten by the new MHR speed cilinder, i just hope they made a similar kit for the Minarelli scooter as i'm going to try & save $$$ just to get that kit. i was planning an EVO6 but after seeing this new generation kit i'm pretty sure it'll be much much better than the old Speed kit.

now unless Polini makes a revolutionary design which offers 3 boost ports i think i might try that as well if it's cheaper than Malossi.

BTW should you get your hands on it please can you PM me with the port timings of the new kit? i'd really appreciate it.

I am going to try All (3) as a complete assembly this season I will tell you which I prefer. I will put my money on Polini. Somehow Polini seems to always be just a little better than Malossi for Piaggio Products. This is my oppion.

Note: That Malossi block does look good, shit. Now I am confussed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speed

The Malossi Cylinder Kit posted above is a Malossi MHR Race Team "Replica" Kit. It is not a "Full Race" Cylinder Kit Malossi states. Malossi just replied to me about it and they gave me the part number.

Speed

Can't be a replica...

Originally posted by Speed
The Malossi Cylinder Kit posted above is a Malossi MHR Race Team "Replica" Kit. It is not a "Full Race" Cylinder Kit Malossi states. Malossi just replied to me about it and they gave me the part number.

Speed

You mean the images?

That's no replica, trust me...

The replica has a rectangular shaped main exhaust port with two additonial boost ports on either side. Timing of this kit sucks.

The cylinder here has a major "butterfly" shaped exhaust port like the fastest MHR Team cylinder.

Re: Can't be a replica...

Originally posted by Joël
You mean the images?

That's no replica, trust me...

The replica has a rectangular shaped main exhaust port with two additonial boost ports on either side. Timing of this kit sucks.

The cylinder here has a major "butterfly" shaped exhaust port like the fastest MHR Team cylinder.

"The replica has a rectangular shaped main exhaust port with two additonial ports "

Yes it's true, but Speed talks about MHR Team Replica not MHR Replica.. Team Replica has butterfly exhaust port like Speed!!

yes very true, only MHR Team Rep has butterfly exhaust port. ordinary MHR Rep has auxilliary type exhaust ports which is a major brakke. i hate the port timings on these kits i wished that they just removed the "MHR" from the "MHR Rep".

Re: Re: Can't be a replica...

Originally posted by Browni
"The replica has a rectangular shaped main exhaust port with two additonial ports "

Yes it's true, but Speed talks about MHR Team Replica not MHR Replica.. Team Replica has butterfly exhaust port like Speed!!

Oh, of course, the Team replica... |(
But still strange though, the cylinder has a thicker skirt, which only the Team has.

Hey this all sounds quite interesting, stummbled upon this looking for electro plating! Joel are you involved with scooter tuning then, I personally I'd agree that the bore size of Speeds 90cc engine would make it illegal though, but if you are the Vice President of racing I guess you can do that? Anyway it's quite interesting to read the forum as I find engine tuning quite interesting as we do some out here in the UK.

Sam

The rule here is now 70cc, with a 19mm carburetor. I changed the rule at the end of last season when I was the tech inspector.

You are correct 52mm bore will not give you a legal 90cc motor. When my motor was legally measured it had a 51mm piston in it, but that was 1.5 years ago. Now due to wear & tear I have to use a 52mm piston in that motor partictular motor. I have 10 Zip SP LC Racing motors complete.

By the way nobody has ever protested an illegal motor yet. Its' an imbrassment to do that over here, especially if you are wrong. But this season, if I think that there is any fishy shit going on due to the new rule, my rider will have to protest. Only a rider can protest over here.

Good to have you with us, Speed.

Thanks Speed,

You guys sure take this stuff seriously, 9 engines, Wow! How good are your competitors, are they in the same league as you do seem to be pulling out all the stops! So Malossi, Polini will send you a complete racing engine that must be expensive, I guess as an importer they give you special prices? How fast would a scooter like these go? I'm used to playing around with 125 street bikes like NSR's and RG's which can be quite fast! But I'm broke right now so no new stuff for me. Plus it's pretty horrible right now, wet and cold out here! I'll have to buy a scootering magazine and learn some more on them, maybe I should get one, any advice?

Cheers,

Sam

No, I modify my own motors. I have only raced one complete season. I normally try to help the youngsters. by Spondsering them parts. My competitors have had Benelli's and Zips sent to them from Malossi Tech Center. But the they are ok. Having the fastest bike is not always the key. I will give up some speed for better handling & reliability, but our scooter is fast too. I've been working on bike for over 20 years so I've already made most of my mistakes. Ha! Ha! KNOW I'M JUST A KNOWLEDGE SEEKER.

We have those bikes here as well, but our track is small for those machines. The "New" Internationall track that is beening built now is big. Once it is built, we will be inviting other riders to come here so we can learn. You interested. The island here is only 22 miles x 3 miles. Being it is soooo small it has a LOT of bikes here so a lot of bike knowledge is here.

Get a Piaggio Zip SP 2002. If you can kit it out completely, it would be worth the money. It can be a great toy.

P.S. Don't forget, you'll need to buy yourself a seat belt.

Speed

Back