Stroker Cranks 44 mm

Here are the Malossi part numbers for Minarelli H2o Engine. They have to use a 85mm Con Rod.

1. 31.9838 - Malossi MHR Race Team Cylinder Kit
2. 53.8009 - Malossi MHR Crankshaft 12 pin
3. 53.9864 - Malossi MHR Race Team Crankshaft 12 pin (Titanium Con Rod)

Added Speed

so these are Parts for the Cross cilinder...?

[offtopic]Has anyone ever got his hands on that titanium-conrod crankshaft? The price is really 2 extraordinary![/edit]

Last edited:
Nobody said those were Malossi Cross Cylinders. How did you come up with that. Malossi Cross Cylinders are different. They are for Scooter Cross. They are not as FAST as the Race cylinders. Those are Race Cylinder numbers. Here are the Malossi Cross numbers.

1. 31.9185 - Malossi MHR Cross Cylinder
2. 53.8855 - Malossi MHR Cross Special Crankshaft
3. 53.9857 - Malossi MHR Cross Race Team Crankshaft.

Note: I do not believe that the Cross crankshafts are titanium co rod.

Added Speed

the only malossi cilinder for minarelli using a 85mm conrod is the Cross, and the Port layout of the Cross is fairly similar to the port layout of the Speed...

alstu:
malossi_krukas_1.jpg

malossi_krukas_2.jpg

Originally posted by Speed
Here are the Malossi part numbers for Minarelli H2o Engine. They have to use a 85mm Con Rod.

1. 31.9838 - Malossi MHR Race Team Cylinder Kit
2. 53.8009 - Malossi MHR Crankshaft 12 pin
3. 53.9864 - Malossi MHR Race Team Crankshaft 12 pin (Titanium Con Rod)

Added Speed

Are you shure?
The 009 is normal conrod size.

31 9838 uses 80mm rod & 53 8009 & 53 9864 both have 80mm rods. i had the 53 8009 before and now i have the 31 9838 & 53 9864.

also using a very long stroke 44mm crank on a cilinder made for 39.2mm crank stroke will put the port timing out of whack, imagine running a cilinder with port timings of 210ex & 145 transfers, it will rev forever & produce meager power output.

if you ask me i'd stick with the 39.2mm & use clever tuning tricks to get more power.

I have got my hands on a Simonini stroker crank and a short Asso Werke Piston (Malossi Cross)
Now I don't need to dig out the Fabrizi from the Other engine. And winter may come with all it's cold. I have Dremel parts by hand and a CNC and a Dyno in the near. - I hope)

I am confussed. If you use a shorter piston with the stroker crankshaft the piston will decend lower than the transfer ports at BDC & it will not come flush to the to a TDC.

Question
1. What is the length on the con rod on the Simonini Stroker Crankshaft. Fabrizi has 85mm & 90mm.
2. What is the stroke of the Simonini Crankshaft. Is it 44mm?

Speed

Are you loosing your mind. If an engine has a stroker crankshaft vs a standard stroked motor, it is IMPOSSIBLE to beat the stroker motor. The stroker has too much torque. Don't even mention the HP. Our stroker motors over here push out 28bhp-31.8bhp. You said your Jog Super Z Malossi motor may be 20bhp. No compairsion

If you look in the Pista Magazine or the Scooter Magazine & Young bikes, September issues they have a special write up about stroking your motor. They are pulling 30bhp with flow charts for your viewing. The most problems that people have is adjusting the timming of the motor. Your timming has to be advance a lot more. If you use the same timing as for the standard 39,2 crankshaft, the bike will be DEAD.

Note: I guess at the end of the day it comes down too mechanics. Everybody works different.

Speed

i don't have access to those magazines 'coz i live in the Philippines but it'll be good to read something about that.

yes in a dyno shootout we'd probably lose to a stroker 90cc but in actual race conditions things go differently, i'd much prefer 1/4mile times than a dyno pull 'coz it really shows how the scooter performs in real world condition. on the dyno the conditions are set-up near perfect but we all race on not so perfect conditions most of the time.

for comparison the fastest 90cc (51 x 44) scooter here runs mid to low 14's @ 400m where as my 70cc runs consistent high-13's @ 400m and those times are verified by an official dragrace timing equipment. so far the only 70cc scooter in Europe that i know of that ran high 13's @ 400m was Sprinter's tube framed drag scooter using Mol's Piaggio MHR Speed engine and it was dynoed with 27hp @ the rear wheel using an NX kit (nitrous oxide).

yes i agree everybody works differently.;)

I use to drag race over here late nights for Money. I had the fastest bike for 10 years straight. 10 years. I had drag race 210 races and never lost one race. I retired from this type of racing.

I picked up these magazines in Italy at the EMICA Motorcycle Show in September. There is an address & telephone number inside. You can subscribe for them yourself. Nobody over here uses a dyno. Nobody has one. I just ordered one last week, very expensive. I have to send my motors to Metrakit to get tested. They have both a wheel Dyno & engine dyno.

You are right, Fastest bike does not always Win or the bike with the most BHP under race conditions. The Rider plays a very important part on the race track. For drag racing, its the Mechanic.

I have never used my 90cc motor in a race over here. I use 70cc modified or 78cc modified. The Minarelli motors use 90cc motors but they can not test the Zips with 78cc. The Zips are to torquie coming out of the corners. It carries less weight as well. These guys use Benelli 491 Scooters. Jog RR just arrived in the island last month. We are the dealers for Piaggio Zips over here.

Our track over here is Very small with tight corners. The more torque the better. Our Government is in the process at this time of building an Internation Race Track over here. It will be finished by Jan '04. It will be designed for GP125cc, Scooters 70cc, Mini Pocket Bikes, Mini Moto, Karting, Motorcross, Jet Ski, RC Racing Dirt & Road. We are all very excited. Our motors will MAX out now. Everything must change. Even our Rule book. I am the Vise President of our Motorcyle Club. We will be looking for riders to come over to race once the track in ready.

PS - I have read that the Honda Dio's Scooter over your side are Extreemly FAST. I know a Guy over that side of the world who has a 175cc Liquid Cool Motor on one. DAME!!!!!!!!!I have read good results about those Areox's as well.

Speed

PS - My 90cc motor runs at 16,800rpms. My rider loves the motor. I am scared of her. The motor feels to powerful for the frame. Sooner or later the engine casing will start to crack. I hate this motor. Ha! Ha!

Speed

wow that's really great! 10 years! i applaud your achievement it's certainly is legendary. so good to hear your gov't will build a GP spec race track it must be really impressive to say the least.

and about the engine casing starting to crack it made laugh very hard my stomach hurt.LOL

BTW there's isn't a 175cc LC dio scooter & it can't be done even if you welded up the crankcase to put a 66mm piston & a 54mm crank. unless he put a Piaggio 180cc engine in a Dio ZX Live frame it certainly is impossible to make.

the biggest cc you can put into a welded Dio engine casing is 130cc & that's pushing it to the limits of reliability. it has a bore/ stroke of 56 x 53.5 but belive me it was good while it lasted so it didn't really become successful so they brought it down to 120cc for reliability.

anyway i can honestly say it's possible to beat a 120+cc dio (actually a friend of mine in Shanghai, China has been beating the crap of the Honda 123cc & Yamaha 122cc scooters on big roadracing F1 type tracks like Zhuhai International raceway using his Polini EVO 70LC kitted Yamaha Jog scooter which i supplied all the parts & he tuned) using a 70cc screamer like a Mina or Pia scooter as you & i know what it will take to build a 70cc set-up capable of doing such a feat. 2 years ago i was only dreaming of matching the times of the fastest 90cc scooters here but thanks to alot of research, hard work, determination and to a certain Dutch 2 stroke tuner who pointed me to the right direction i was able to do what most people here thought was impossible.

with a bit more tuning maybe i can reach 16,000+rpm but that would be for next season so for now i have to be content with 15,000+ for now until i get a new kit to play with.

Last edited:
Originally posted by $aint
Has anyone ever got his hands on that titanium-conrod crankshaft? The price is really 2 extraordinary!

i have bought the MHR team crank with 80mm Titanium rod for the minarelli, it goes for about $600+ in Europe but i got mine a lot cheaper thru the underground sources. it cost me only $400 for this crank brand new.:D

Originally posted by Speed
I am confussed. If you use a shorter piston with the stroker crankshaft the piston will decend lower than the transfer ports at BDC & it will not come flush to the to a TDC.

Question
1. What is the length on the con rod on the Simonini Stroker Crankshaft. Fabrizi has 85mm & 90mm.
2. What is the stroke of the Simonini Crankshaft. Is it 44mm?

Speed

Instead of raising the cylinder I have shortned the piston.

1: As far as I can measure it is a 85 mm Rod
2: Yes it is a 44 mm stroke.
3: I can't wait to get the "old" engine apart. 8P

Back