polini evo 2 not revving UP???

david14a05

;( Hello people.
I have never used a forum before so please bear with me.
I have a 2007 model YAMAHA aerox 50. HERE ARE MY AFTER MARKET PARTS:
YASUNI C30 EXHAUST.
POLINI EVO 2 70CC HEAD.
4 GRAM VARIATOR ROLERS.
MALLOSSI PBHG 21MM CARB.
DOPPLER READ VALVE.

ALSO PLEASE GIVE ME ANY KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ANY OTHER CRAZY PART AND TIPS ON TUNING SINCE I AM NEW TO THIS AWSOME SPORT.

I HAVE ALL THESE PARTS FITTED AND I CANT GET MY BIKE TO REV RIGHT UP. IT JUST GOES BLURRRRR{!. I HAVE SET THE SQUISH TO 0.7 MM ON THE CYLINDER AND I HAVE TRYED A SIZE 105 JET AND HAVE MY OIL/PETROL RATIO 40:1. I HAVE ALSO ADVANCED THE TIMING ANTI CLOCKWISE. ALSO I HAVE DISCONECTED THE ORIGINAL OIL FLOW.

MAYBE IT COULD BE:
1. TIMING NOT SETUP
2. WRONG JET SIZE.
3.WRONG OIL MIXTURE.
4.TOO MUCH COMPRESION. 150 PSI

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.;(

Advertisement - register to remove this

first of all take off ur caps lock

and secondly try a different jet try bigger

or try get a bigger carb
i think you need a 24 or 28 for the evo 2 cylinder espesially with the c30 exhaust

first of all take off ur caps lock

and secondly try a different jet try bigger

or try get a bigger carb
i think you need a 24 or 28 for the evo 2 cylinder espesially with the c30 exhaust

Sorry about caps my first ever post.
I have just bought the 21mm carb cost me £110.
could there not be any other posibiltys apart from carb size or would you think its best tryin bigger carb.
Thanks

try using lighter rollers, 4grams sounds too heavy for a high rpm setup you got, care to list the rest of your parts especially the transmission?

My transmision is standard apart from 3 of the rolers are 3.6 gram and 3 of them are the standard ones. this was because 3 of the 3.6 gram ones wore down and wouldnt roll. i have them spread out evenly.
Thanks tiba.

I have just realised i havnt reemed out the crank case from were the cylinder ports join. i am goin to do that within a few days. please help with the following:
1. does float hight need adjusting.
2. do i need an aftermarket crank shaft if so please help me find make and model of one. i have 10mm piston.and pin
3. i have a 21mm carb should it run ok with this size carb.
4.i have on order stage 6 sub frame, air filter, and inlet manifold. would these make a difference?
5. i measured my squish today and it was .26 with one brass gasket. i am going to try 2 gaskets and should make it around .49.
6. also my timing has been advanced 14mm along the flywheel rim.

I supose it just takes time to get everything wright but finding it very interesting learning and working things out as i go along. i would realy apretiate help setting my bike up thankyou.

it would save you alot of trouble as the std deffo wont hanndle the evo 2 lol

Thanks.
would i get more power with an after market egnition?

And whats the benifits from an after market water pump.

I am strongly thinking about gettin these two things.

post me some great vids anyone i love watching fast bikes 8P

Hi,
I would advice you to get Malossi MHR 2008 Variator, Italkit Ignition and bosch waterpump.
Your machine should rev around 14 000rpm. Racing ignition gives you better throttle response, the engine revs higher, it accelerates much faster and the bearings are not getting dead so fast. Bosch waterpump will give you around 1ps more becouse, it will be powered by electric energy, not by the engine.
Greetings,
Bartek

Hi,
I would advice you to get Malossi MHR 2008 Variator, Italkit Ignition and bosch waterpump.
Your machine should rev around 14 000rpm. Racing ignition gives you better throttle response, the engine revs higher, it accelerates much faster and the bearings are not getting dead so fast. Bosch waterpump will give you around 1ps more becouse, it will be powered by electric energy, not by the engine.
Greetings,
Bartek

Thank you very much
i will take good note of what you have just told me.

could be too much advance , 14mm?
DAR[/quote
these are the words polini have wrote on the intructions for cylinder fitting:
advance egnition 14mm along the flywheet rim from top dead centre .
then something which not to sure of at 7000rpm.

I am fitting my new doppler crank and reeming the crank case on saturday morning so that all 6 ports arnt partially blocked off because of where the old cylinder kit used to be the ports were smaller.

i will update info on bike later saturday night chears

Back