Hyosung Prima Racing SF50 ultimate build

;) I am a little guy 6 foot 2 and carry 220lbs on the scoot

I have spent the best part of 7 months trying to find after market part for the Hyosung scooters, this is have of my nightmare to say the least.
On the Hyousung forum I now have Hyosung USA rep contacting me for his scoot on which parts to purchase that will fit.He has said in 08-09 Hyosung is going to come out with a line of aftyer market parts but for what he is not sure.This person also made the commetn whic I was aware of that Hyosung makes Suzuki not the other way around and the parts for Hyosung are some Suzuki models all mixed with some new parts just for Hyosung's.

The crank yes if I knew for sure this crank would fit I would have ordered it when I did order my 3 sets gears plut shock from the scooter center.
big9240-0.jpg

The above crank is so far the only crank I have found for Hyosungs period.Nothing else but a stock crank which my local deal can get me as well.Yes they can get me all the parts I need but this guy local is not into aftermarket mods.Just run the Hyosungs unmodified is his words.I asked for exhaust from him and he could get Technigas at 2 times the cost i got it delivered to me from Florida plus I got the chrome.So I really do not stop by him any longer just a waste of time.

My back I am done for good no more work on cars to bad my love and garage is full as well.But health is best to look after.

I have found a local who can help me with my as he has custom made 12 scooters top to bottom here plus in his home land.

So we are waiting to see if I get my parts from the shop:| as i have all my rollers 17x12 plus gears , clutch springs, torque springs ect in the box.
Once that arrives we plan on opening this can of tomatoes to see how bad things are.

I hear you. I'm 6'5" and weigh 230. I'm riding a heavily customized Aprilia Scarabeo 50 2 stroke, but most of the engine is stock, aside from the restrictions removed and it gets keeps up with traffic just fine, all of the times that I have ridden it. I haven't messed with my variator or belt at all, though. I plan on trying to keep it a 50 and just get a bit more top speed out of the exhaust, filter/ jets and variator. It gets up to 35 quick and I don't hold traffic up just the way it is, but I'd like to have someone follow me in an accurate vehicle to follow and clock me.

My friend that I got it from said he had it up to a displayed 50mph no problem, which is probably closer to 45 and I believe it. It's a 99, so it was made before a lot of restrictions were passed here for these bikes. I'm not sure if you can get a new 2 stroke from any dealer anymore around here.

I don't have any problems finding parts for this engine, though. It's an italian made minarelli horizontal with the factory yamaha ignition. Most of the later ones were entirely made from the Minarelli design in Taiwan under Yamaha and there are a lot of parts available for it from a lot of different manufacturers.

You should try and find out what other specific bikes share parts with the Hyosung drivetrains. If you've been in contact with a Hyosung rep and he says that there aren't very many parts for that bike, I can try and see if these guys have had any experience with crank modifications or have any other parts enterchange or modification suggestions.

One of the things that I was told over the phone (and when I was last at this shop) was that a wider kevlar belt helps climb the variator better and also resists wear better than a standard width belt on any bike. There was a kid that had a box of parts that he was picking up for his Hyosung 50 and from what the guy told me, he was already seeing speeds of 42-45mph with a few modifications already made, mostly to the transmission.

Anyway, I'll see what I can dig up from these dudes down the street for suggestions on your bike and get back with you!

Cool thanks for the help.

With a few days of having the scoot back I have found major isses with the scoot and will be having someone else go over it from one end to the next.
The exhaust was mounted with a single bolt and after 2 hours today after I pulled the exhaust off I had to grind out the spacer which was made to mount the exhaust to the cylinder head.Only one screw was used and ONLY 1 could be used as the holes did not line up and the hole for the spacer was so small it made a restriction in my $400.00 exhaust.
So with a little work and the die grinder and some carbide bits used on aluminum I had the screw holes made to fit plus the center hole large enough not to restrict the pipe.I will need new gaskets as the 1 bolt holding the exhaust on caused a leak and moved around tearing up the gaskets.

Hope tomorrow to get another screw so I can mount the exhaust properly to the head with 2 screws.Then get new gaskets on Monday

I had a rattle up front of the scoot, not a metal sound but something else.
So I opened up the front of the scoot under the cover to find a mess.Wires left open no protection from shorting against the frame,no connection finished with any protection just a crimp.Not water tight.The wires ,CDI were rubbing against the upper colum as it turned due to the wires were not properly tied up.This was from the new front front forks installed and the wires were not wrapped correctly.

The CDI was the noise as it was not mounted(simple as placing it back on the metal slider which fit into the back of the CDI)The CDI was banging against the panels of the scooter every bump or turn.

Then the choke never worked and I could not pull hard enough to get it to work at all since the scoot was dropped off.This turned out to be the wires were so loose under the front they were tangled under the choke linkage so I could not open the choke to work at all.

Over the next few days I will replace all the fuel lines plus a new fuel filter which I had before but never got installed.So I will install them when we go over the scoot from front to back.

The new shock is installed and worth every penny.I recommend the shock even if you just order that shock with shipping from Germany is still cheaper than anything here close to the quality.

Once the other person goes over the scoot I hope to get rid of the very serious bog from 15-30k after we install the gears.

So I found out today the CDi they said was replaced waas rather the stock CDI with the wire cut that was it.

I hope you are getting pictures of everything. They need to pay you something for your time. I'm glad that you decided to go through everything on the bike yourself. Don't trust ANYTHING. I would go through everything in that CVT as well. Anything that you would suspect that they did should be gone through.

If they replaced the CDI with a stock one, that might lead me to believe that they had every intention of ripping you off. If you can't get your box of parts, I would simply go over there with a few reciepts and tell them to pay up.

Make them pay for your bogus cut wiring harness (make them pay for a new/ uncut one) and make them pay you back for the STOLEN aftermarket CDI.

I talked with the guys at the shop and they said that as far as they know, nobody makes an aftermarket crank for those engines. The rep you spoke with would be the best source for your stuff. I'll go over there today and ask them if they know of any aftermarket cylinders that will work for you. I think he did mention that you can get just about anything else for them, other than cranks and a few oddball pieces from aftermarket companies.

I am not one who takes no for a answer!!

With over $500.00 in money I have spent just on trying gears to fit the Hyosung today we spent 5 hours compairing them and looking at what we will order next.I will get gears !!!

These do not fit
-Param kit
54500.15 13/39 secondary
-Malossi
677149 14/43 Primary
-Malossi
679433 15/40 Primary
-Polini
202.1332 14/40 secondary

I have found a few spots like the Mopshop who list a set they say will fit (emailed them and they said they fit) but the site has a part number of their own so I can not cross it to make sure I have not ordered the set.

Anyone have any idea's would be great.

Thanks

I am not one who takes no for a answer!!

With over $500.00 in money I have spent just on trying gears to fit the Hyosung today we spent 5 hours compairing them and looking at what we will order next.I will get gears !!!

These do not fit
-Param kit
54500.15 13/39 secondary
-Malossi
677149 14/43 Primary
-Malossi
679433 15/40 Primary
-Polini
202.1332 14/40 secondary

I have found a few spots like the Mopshop who list a set they say will fit (emailed them and they said they fit) but the site has a part number of their own so I can not cross it to make sure I have not ordered the set.

Anyone have any idea's would be great.

Thanks
For which type of engine (or scooter) are those parts?

I'll see if have time this weekend to have a look at some Morini (and maybe Suzuki, I'm not sure if I still have them) gears, to see if they are the same.

I have ordered every set of gears available for Suzuki Katana, Zepia,AP,AJ.

I will be putting all these gears up on Ebay! Only pressed in one gear as it was so close, only the gears would not mess correctly.Infact they were around 3/16" apart

Thanks for the help ;)

I don't see too many people messing with Morini engines. Looks like a neat project! It's a bummer to hear about the guys at the scooter shop giving you a hard run around...

If you need any help with your scoot, you're in the right place. :) Let us know how the gears turn out. I'm mighty curious myself, as tuning options for these engines is are a little on the slim side. ;)

Cheers!

~Josh

I don't see too many people messing with Morini engines. Looks like a neat project! It's a bummer to hear about the guys at the scooter shop giving you a hard run around...

If you need any help with your scoot, you're in the right place. :) Let us know how the gears turn out. I'm mighty curious myself, as tuning options for these engines is are a little on the slim side. ;)

Cheers!

~Josh

Yes I can say the issues with the scooter shop was not even 1% of what was posted here.And with all the errors it is a front to rear over hall.

As of today July 27,08 I still have no gears to fit and have no idea what to look at for any as I have about tried all them for the Suzuki scoots.

With this scoot mods to the Hyosung I think I have done the most to any Hyosung with all the emails I am getting asking if I can help with Hyosung scooters from others.

Thanks for the comments

Well, I checked for you and it's different from a regular Morini engine (Italjet Formula 50), and for both the old (<98) and new (99>) Suzuki engines.

Last edited:
Latest update

Well going into lighting on our scooters as everyone will agree it is bad to none depending on your scoot.

During most of the year i ride my scoot at 11pm so lighting is a issue for me as well is being visable as possible.Next the upgrades I have going.

First off the battery.OK sit down.I mean it. How about $145.00 CND for the battery.Now before you jump up and down yelling Wally has them for $35.00.
I have a little info for you.

After pruchasing a battery from Wally Mart for the low dollar price why not.So I had to cut open the sides of my battery box for the larger battery and get it to fit.Done next ready the battery.Add the ACID and put it on a trickle charge.Have lunch.Well walk away sit down 5 minutes later threw the vent the battery blew out almost 1/4 of the ACID of coause as i walked by all over my legs.
icon_eek.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
wereing shorts I can say it hurt just a little.

So much for cheap, I never want to do things twice so off to get a better battery to a few bike shops.
After 2 stops I was recommended this battery YTZ7S
http://www.yuasa.com.au/files/All_PDFs/YTZ_Yuasa_Brochure.pdf
$142.00 CND plus taxes

So came home looked online for reviews and nothing but praise as the bike shop said i would find.

Now there is knock offs evry spot I looked labled same part number STAY AWAY they are not sealed just like the WALLY Mart battery.And specs plus build quality is not the same.

YTZ7S.jpg

OK the battery drops into our factory location no issue at all near the same size if not the same size.No cutting modifing the case as i did for the the CHEAP battery.

Now I will have enough juice to pull up to a stop sit and my head light does not dimn at all.

Now the light bulb.

et-str80110.jpg

Headlightbulb Socket BA20D

35W super white halogen bulb with BA20D base. The glass is blueish so as to absorb the entire yellow spectrum of light, this way providing a very bright and cold white light like the one emitted by a Xenon lamp
These bulbs are far brighter than the 35-35 or 45watt bulb.Worth the money, but with my new battery I am going to put a 65watt bulb in.

If I get you right you want to run low beam all the time and be able to add on the high beam to that with a switch, I would think that it would shorten the life of the bulb since it will run real hot and also the generator might not be able to give it the current to go all the way, instead get a 35/35W halogen (used in Enduro bikes) and wire it like it should be done and you'll have more than enogh light for those dark Dutch nights....

The bulb on the left is a "regular" double-filament (that's used in the USA light) and the one on the right is a Halogen that fits the "regular" socket, although these are not E-certified and not 100% legal to run I don't think it's a major problem. These bulbs are often used in Enduro bikes since they handle vibration much better and with the small lights on those you want as much light as possible....

300x300-PSS2_01.jpg

spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Now next upgrades I did
But mine are carbon not black like the photo but i did get them from scooterattack.

et-a206173.jpg

Simple to install just remove the factory rear turn lights you will need a philips screw driver and a 8mm wrnch.
Unplug the wiring on each side of the area reachable by removing the battery cover and just lifting up the battery.

I made perminant connections with connectors and heat shrink to the wires.

Then I added a few LED bulbs but again they are not equal and i by far have not tested them but these were available local and are bright.

http://www.ledshoponline.com/automotive_leds.htm
http://www.project-r.co.uk/bulbs_and_flashers.htm

There is a lot available but these ones are the ones i used below

http://files.thehoffmangroup.com/img/slideshow/keepitclean/pulseflashers.jpg
A must for LED lights to change the flasher again just a few screws to remove the front cover and unplug the old and plug in the new one with adding a ground wire.
This one you can adjust the flash as well as modes. Nice touch

1156LEDW.jpg

These were the bulbs they also carried and as well just replaced no the factory front 1156 with these plus the rear tail light as well all with clear.

Now I can be seen!!

As of today I just removed the restrictors from the Yasuni R and the scoot fell flat on its face.
Opened up the carb to find a 72jet with a W7 metering rod.

After a few posts here I have ordered a Stage6 jet kit plus a few rods and other parts direct from Dellorto after several emails with Matt at Dellorto today. Prompt fast emails I must say thumbs up for the service emails i asked about.

Now wait till the parts arrive to see how things change.Then i will post some more pictures.

Thanks for the comment on the non standard build.Yes alot of pain to find parts just to say the least.But it is getting there.

if you think youve got a problem, get a aprilia di-tech! jesus christ they hard to tune! theres only 2 big bore kits made for them, so its pretty limited on what you can do to them and i dont want to swap out my engine and put in a different engine, because its alot of hassle and my bike has very good accelaration for a pretty much stock 50!

Yes no only Hyosung scooter I am sure to have the same issue.And not fun to go threw the tweeking issues while having someone close to you on and off then back on life support.Then dealing with a shop which were a bunch of idiots. Stress I just did not need . I dropped off the scoot and said here is my budget do it and do it right call me when it is ready and was told 4-5 weeks no problem.Then to get it back 3/4 of the way done with all the issues plus lots I have not posted.

Back