Ultimate Hyosung SF50

ryaquinn

DRIFT GENERAL
Okay, first off I well tell everyone that I work at a scooter shop. I have had a GT250 for about a year and have driven almost every model motorcycle and scooter by Hyosung. I just can't get enough of this company, I have a Suzuki GSXR600 and actually prefer to drive my 250.But enough about that, this will be the build up of the fastest SF50 and will be able to walk all over 250cc scooters. This could possibly turn into a stunt bike, whatever I am into at the time I gues..

The platform:
Hyosung SF50 Racing-Red
49cc 2-stroke

The plan:
Technigas Next R pipe
Polini 70cc cylinder kit
Polini cylinder head (maybe 47 mm larger bore diameter)
Try a 30mm carburetot w/bigger jets or bore out my own
Intake manifold w/carbon reed valves
Stiffer clutch pulley spring
16mm Race Variator
105mm Race Clutch
Kevlar drive belt
Lighter roller weights (probably 4.5 g)
Clutch Bell (possibility of changing final drive)
High speed fan
Cone intake air filter
I am going to try to put on a current stabilizer, then of course racing coil,cdi,and spark plug upgrade.
I really want to upgrade the front brakes. I am going to look at maybe 250cc scooter brakes or some from a motorcycle. Still trying to research that one.

-Ryan

Advertisement - register to remove this

scootbike.jpg

scoot.jpg

-Ryan

I got myself a floor jack :lol:

jack.jpg

I also took off everthing from the handlebars except for the starter and low/high beam switch

closebars.jpg

bars.jpg

-Ryan

I am looking for a bigger brake setup for the front, but I cannot find anything online. If anyone knows a site where I can get like a 240mm or so front brake upgrade,please help. Also, I am getting some renthal dirtbike handlebars, universal sliders for transmission cover, and probably custom up a 12 oclock bar (maybe from a Route 905). I have the Tecnigas 6g weights in right now and it is a dog off the line. I am going to go ahead and order a spring and clutch kit and some 4.5 or 5 gram weights. I also got pulled over today, for doing a stoppie in the old town (no ticket though, thank god). I am going to try and paint the wheels over Thanksgiving (white is what I will try).

-Ryan

Petrik, what are you talking about. That is the Tecnigas pipe, we can't get full titanium pieces like you guys in Europe.
Aremyst, St. Augustine, Florida

OK, so I am getting really pissed off with this **** Morini motor. I cannot find anyone that makes an intake manifold that will fit it, so all I can do is run the stock carb. I was ordering my cylinder kit yesterday, and MRP Jonathan tells me all they can do is give me a 78 main jet. This really pisses me off because that means I can't go anywhere near as big of a kit as I wanted to. I am about ready to trade this thing in unless I can find an intake manifold to fab up to fit.
Also, I made my 12 oclock bar yesterday and finished up the guage cluster. The bar was just a rigged up tow bar and the guage panel is a gloss black now. I also, changed out the roller weights a total of 4 times yesterday to find the right combo. I wasn't getting enough torque off the line, so I had to do something. The combination though is TOP SECRET so I can't tell anyone just yet, but the result is amazing. Pics soon.

-Ryan

i'm talking about the performance of this pipe. its just an awfull exhaust. i dont know what type of polini kit you are going to drive (corsa or evolution) in the case of the corsa this pipe will do. but on high end kits like evolution, you really need a yasuni c20/c21.

if om corect a Minarelli manifold fits on morini, cause morini is a copy from the minarelli cases. im not sure

For international shipping you should try scooters-r-us in the UK (try google)

Petrik, what are you talking about. That is the Tecnigas pipe, we can't get full titanium pieces like you guys in Europe.
Aremyst, St. Augustine, Florida

Also, I made my 12 oclock bar yesterday and finished up the guage cluster. The bar was just a rigged up tow bar and the guage panel is a gloss black now. I also, changed out the roller weights a total of 4 times yesterday to find the right combo. I wasn't getting enough torque off the line, so I had to do something. The combination though is TOP SECRET so I can't tell anyone just yet, but the result is amazing.

-Ryan

Aloha, Any parts are just a mail order away. Ebay, Ebay Germany, this forum for sale, ApriliaForum, and Cycleimports-Florida are only an email away. And look at Tiba and Mexicano and others in faraway countires.....they are top notch tuners that know what a post office is for and also can improvise.
So there is no excuse to use trash like LeoVince, Arrow and Technigas.

And BTW keep your "Top Secrets" and we will keep ours.

A bit sorry and apologise ....I'm in a venting mood.

Frank

Last edited:
I am not going to pay $50 to ship an exhaust that I can get almost as good quality locally in the states. Also, I can't understand a damn thing on any of these websites, because I am to lazy to put everything in a translator. I dont know how it is for scooters, but for motorcycles, arrow and leovince make some of the most beautiful and well developed exhausts, so for a scooter it cant be all that different. On top of all that, i got a scooter because it is cheap, and i intend to do modifications that i can find cheap, why put $2000 into a $1500 scooter. Think about how just something like that would be. My intentions are for a quicker scooter that i can fuck around on and anyone can still just hop one and use no problem.
Also, the gt650r is a piece of shit. Hyosung makes a decent 250, but the 650 feels very sluggish and is made even more poorly. Plus you can get the Suzuki sv650, which is same motor,manufactured by Hyosung, for same price and much better quality.Also, the new fischer has the same motor, and is one of the sweetest vtwin sportbikes i have seen.

-Ryan

I am not going to pay $50 to ship an exhaust that I can get almost as good quality locally in the states. Also, I can't understand a damn thing on any of these websites, because I am to lazy to put everything in a translator. I dont know how it is for scooters, but for motorcycles, arrow and leovince make some of the most beautiful and well developed exhausts, so for a scooter it cant be all that different. On top of all that, i got a scooter because it is cheap, and i intend to do modifications that i can find cheap, why put $2000 into a $1500 scooter. Think about how just something like that would be. My intentions are for a quicker scooter that i can fuck around on and anyone can still just hop one and use no problem.

-Ryan

Aloha, I see your point. But there is no comparison between a LV ZX and say a Yasuni. A LV may put you into the range of 7-8 HP depending on the rest of your setup, but you cannot go beyond that. A good Yasuni R or 16 (moderate pipe) will give you 12-13 hp and up to 16 hp if you are serious. You can find Yasuni and Malossi, Stage 6, Polini on Ebay all the time. With shipping you will be able to get a near new Yasuni r for example for $100.00 and add shipping $40.00, you will be way ahead of the LV or technigas that you can run down to your 7-11 and buy for $200.00. If you are after a little more power and will be satisfied, then by all means buy the trash, the LV is a great pipe up to 35-40 mph. People here are not down on LV and Arrow, because of some brand loyalty, it is because after dyno testing they really don't put out even though they may look good and may appear identical.

Check out some dynos at:

http://www.psn-scooters.co.uk/htm/5070tuning.htm

and

http://www.scooter-attack.com/index2.php?lang=e

frank

I dont know how it is for scooters, but for motorcycles, arrow and leovince make some of the most beautiful and well developed exhausts, so for a scooter it cant be all that different.

You cannot compare a 4stroke exhaust with a 2stroke exhaust. at a 2stroke engine the exhaust is almost the most important part of the engine.

On top of all that, i got a scooter because it is cheap, and i intend to do modifications that i can find cheap, why put $2000 into a $1500 scooter. Think about how just something like that would be. My intentions are for a quicker scooter that i can fuck around on and anyone can still just hop one and use no problem.

-Ryan

how will that make it the "ultimate hyosung sf50"?

Aloha, you cannot compare a $50.00 cylinder and a $99.00 pipe with parts recommended previously on this forum. You have to pay the price for performance or shop wisely on Ebay. It is not a case of brand loyalty, but the better parts just make more power, maybe 50% more power. On ebay I once bought a used Yasuni R and Malossi 70cc replica for $95.00 and shipping from Spain was $35.00 and had it in 7 days so getting good parts at a reasonable price is possible.
frank

Last edited:
Alright, I guess I will try to explain this then. American dealers are schleps, they have trouble getting any parts and usually never pull through.

In this scooter......... I looked everywhere for kits for this motor, never coming up with results I was happy with. At one point I had priced out a whole 90cc TGB motor to swap in, but it would require me to run a smaller wheel, which I don't want to do. I absolutely hate how the market is for scooters here in the states.

And yes, I realize Leo Vince makes the best and that Technigas does not compare. I am not arguing anyone over that. The Technigas will probably only be while it is a 50. From there I will probably make my own pipe.

I only wish that I could make this as big as I wanted, but due too lack of support for the market in the states, and me not wanting to pay big shipping costs, this bike will not be any bigger than a 47mm 70cc.

I think there was some translation lost over the internet, dammn internet. But, I assure you that I am not trying to tell you anything different from what you know is right.

Frank, I am gonna sell this bike once I put some miles on it. I realize if I want parts bad enough that I CAN get them, but it is a case of what fits on this motor. Don't worry I will definitely get a minarelli next time, because that's where it is really at, oh yeah.

Sorry for the confusion guys, you can see my struggle with these damn scooter companies here.... http://scootarmy.editboard.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1

PS.. I called it the "ultimate" sf50, because noone has built one of these up yet, and we can all see why (lack of parts)

PSS... Hyosung is fucking retarded, I don't understand why they put some stuff in reverse thread

Last edited:
Back