HPI Ignition Problem

Mexicano

Mexicano
Well, finally I got the fan adaptor plate to make this HPI work but now I have a problem, I can't shut down the engine, when I ground the balck/white wire nothing happends...do someone knows what is wrong?

Thanks!

HPI-ElectricDiagram.jpg

Advertisement - register to remove this

Well... this is the story:

The CDI was defective the black/white wire never "kill" the engine and the next day it didn't work at all....the HPI guys sent me a new CDI module on warranty, installed it and everything seems to work O.K., black/white wire working, engine turning on well, etc. but....the next day, it doesn't work AGAIN!!!!!.....after checking ALL the wirings, I found the CDI isn' providing energy to the coil AGAIN!!!!!, all I can see is that I made the orange wire (+ coil) longer, about one meter, this to reach the coil's original location (As from factory)...do you think guys this "new" resistnace could be burning the CDI?

Yes....again the same problem mate, this HPI ignition is a really pain in the ass...I will switch to the new POLINI next year, still is not in stock at Scooter-Center.

I don't know what to do with this crapy HPI.....to much money spent on it!!

Mexicano said:
Yes....again the same problem mate, this HPI ignition is a really pain in the ass...I will switch to the new POLINI next year, still is not in stock at Scooter-Center.

I don't know what to do with this crapy HPI.....to much money spent on it!!

I think you do something wrong! If you disconncet the wrong cable when you switch off the bike you can easily kill the CDI! I use HPI for a long time without any poblem, and my friend has the sama HPI without problem!

Browni:

I follow the instructions and diagram.....look at it.....only used the black/white to kill the engine, I connected this wire to my key switch, and when you turn it off it "grounds" the line.....I used the scooter all the afternoon yesterday without any problem but today it didn't work anymore.

Please take a look at the diagram above and tell me if you look something wrong.

Thanks!

Back