FreZh - Piaggio Zip 2000 LC

FreZh

FreZh - Piaggio Zip 2000 LC [29/3]

[Thursday 2/3 - 2006]

Hi. I'm a 17 year old danish scooter enthusiast.

After a long time of having no scooter, the day arrived were i bought a new scooter. I choosed a Piaggio Zip 2000 because it has the right engine, it isn't to big and i found one for sale cheap nearby. Also there isn't many people in Denmark that has HPR tuned one of these babys :) It's a bit special around here.

My last project was this Aprillia Rally (Evo AC 50cc, C21 and so on..):

2_12_112_1276.jpg

The scooter is being build for scootermeets and perhaps also racing in the Danish Scootercup. I'm doing what i can to make it happen.

When i picked the scooter up it looked like this:

dscn2747.jpg

Piaggio Zip '01 - 12300km and i have a faktura from the dealer. No damaged bodywork thoug it is ugly. It is generally in good condition and evrything just works. I only had to pay ~400€ because it didn't start (flat battery and the kickstarter was to tight). But after 10 minutes in the garage it drowe like a charm.

...But i is to be a racer, so it must be torn a part. 2 hours later it looked like this:

dscn2755.jpg

And then it ended i the garage today.

The engine setup is going to be

Polini Evo 70cc LC (Kreidlerhansen tuned)
Yasuni C20 - "Wrapped"
Malossi VL13
Malossi OR-kit
25mm Dell'Orto
Italkit Innerotor
Hebo "R" Clutch
Stage6 Wingcooler
Stage6 "Remscheibe"
Doppler S1R crank
Homemade manifold

These parts i have home beside the cylinder that is being tuned atm.

dscn2759.jpg

The suspension is going to be:

Malossi F32s
Malossi RS24

I don't know what to do about the brakes yet, couse i don't know what fit these rims. Do you know?

The bodywork is going to be clean a mat black. Tha also includes rims and so on.

[Wednesday 29/3 - 2006]

Here is a cupple of pictures of what's happening:

Engine ready to be tuned

1_114_1402.jpg

Clean front bodywork

1:

114_1413.jpg

2:

114_1421.jpg

3:

114_1438.jpg

[9/7]

Lots of things has happend since last, i just don't had the time to keep it updated here.

The Zip is as good as done, and it looks like this:

116_1622.jpg

The scooter was done the day before danish scootermeet DHS "Denmarks fastes scooter" where Scooter-Attack have brought their sprint timers and so on. DSSC did also race, WOW nice sprinters!

My best time was 8,52sec @ 112km/t wich weren't impressive, but considerating my setup and not perfekt adjustment i think its absolutly acceptable.

Here is a picture of me @ DHS http://www.partywurst.dk/galleri/albums/2006/tr%E6f/DHS%208-07-06/DSC00413.jpg

I also have this video clip wich is a perfekt example NOT to start a dragrace!

http://peecee.dk/uploads/stuff/fed_start.rar

My setup has changed a bit since the start, and it is now:

Stage6 Racing cylinder *A bit modifyed*
Doppler S1R crank
Doppler S2BR variomatik
Pinasco Speeddrive
Hebo "R" Clutch
Yasuni C20 pipe
25mm Dell'orto
Malossi Kevlar belt
Italkit ignition
Homemade intake manifold
Stage6 Wingcooler
Malossi VL13 reedvalve

More pictures of my project in danish here: http://stalkerzone.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1504

What do you think?

Special thanks to http://speedline.dk og http://peecee.dk

Like all other serious Danish scooterfreaks i spend my time at Pro Tuners Lounge

Plz comment and suggest ;)

/FreZh @ Denmark

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

NIce setup, but I don't like the model. I think A zip SP 2000 is much nicer to see :) With mono-arm frontfork. and a more aggresive front :)

Erwin. said:
NIce setup, but I don't like the model. I think A zip SP 2000 is much nicer to see :) With mono-arm frontfork. and a more aggresive front :)

No doubt it is nicer, but i ain't being imported to Denmark. There is only about 3-4 of those in Denmark and the cheapest is about 1600€ :S

Erwin. said:

I have found a Zip SP front for 33€ ! Buy Buy BUY! So it's a bit SP-look-alike :)

Nice :) and maybe you can make some modifications at your frontcover.

btw, I think I am the only one who is reacting here.

Yeah, quite bad feedback :(

But there aren't any nice pictures of the the constructing proces og anything like that either, so wtf :) It's all comming :)

hey i like your ralley but i think it would look better with the handlebars straight up instead of pushed forward. also i like the way the sp zips look with the double for legs, i think the single leg looks too much like a vespa.

You need to work on your frontend more, I see the exact same lining in the after paint pic, compared with the one before. Your engine parts look nice though, good luck with your project.

Yeah, i know :) It's because the piant didn't bind on the plastic and polyester as good as i hoped it would, so i ran out of paint after 2 layers. But i have bought some more paint to get it perfect ;)

Mr.Aerox said:
nice bike man! and nice new setup. how is that s6 racing cylinder performing? better than evo?

The Evo cylinder was a bit more mean and powerfull, but it was also modifyed with a bigger exhaustport. I had 6 transferports and a big twin exhaustport. The Stage6 cylinder only have 5 transferports and a bit small twin exhaustport. My S6 is also modifyed in the exhaustport, but it is not as big as in the Evo, you can see pictures of my old Evo in the link.

With all that said i actually think i prefer the S6. I feel its a better quality cylinder, and i runs very smooth and still very fast. Maybe because my evo cylinder 'heat broke' @ 110km/t @ 70 degrees only.

FreZh said:
The Evo cylinder was a bit more mean and powerfull, but it was also modifyed with a bigger exhaustport. I had 6 transferports and a big twin exhaustport. The Stage6 cylinder only have 5 transferports and a bit small twin exhaustport. My S6 is also modifyed in the exhaustport, but it is not as big as in the Evo, you can see pictures of my old Evo in the link.

With all that said i actually think i prefer the S6. I feel its a better quality cylinder, and i runs very smooth and still very fast. Maybe because my evo cylinder 'heat broke' @ 110km/t @ 70 degrees only.

I think you didn't adjust the evo right. Seeing on pics that you use a yellow counterspring :/

The evo is way more faster as a S6.

Big B NRG said:
I think you didn't adjust the evo right. Seeing on pics that you use a yellow counterspring :/

The evo is way more faster as a S6.

No its not! My Evo was adjusted just as good as my Stage6 cylinder. As i say the evo is a bit more powerfull than Stage6 untuned, but when you start to play with your Stage6 cylinder it can become just as powerfulls as Evo.

FreZh said:
No its not! My Evo was adjusted just as good as my Stage6 cylinder. As i say the evo is a bit more powerfull than Stage6 untuned, but when you start to play with your Stage6 cylinder it can become just as powerfulls as Evo.

Yes I know that, but the Evo has a far more better base to start from.

Back