Acceleration problems with my Area 51

xzburnoutzx

Italjet Dragster
Hi I have a Athena variator with 16x13 4.4g Polini rollers, a new Malossi belt, Athena contrast spring and stock clutch springs. Also I have a Gianelli Shot exhaust. It goes 0-30 quickly then thinks about 30-50 and then goes again. Is this totally about the clutch springs? Im planning on putting red(6500rpm) or blue(8000rpm) Malossi springs are they ok? The green ones didnt help much(5000rpm)

Aprilia Area 51.

Advertisement - register to remove this

the clutch springs only do their job form 0 to about 25/30 , this is more like to heavy rollers and/or a to weak return spring...

The springs only made 0-35 vert good but on else is bullshit. which rollers and contrast spring should I use then? ATM 4.4g rollers and a Athena contrast spring. Shall blue Polini contrast spring and 4g rollers do it ok then?

xzburnoutzx said:
The springs only made 0-35 vert good but on else is bullshit. which rollers and contrast spring should I use then? ATM 4.4g rollers and a Athena contrast spring. Shall blue Polini contrast spring and 4g rollers do it ok then?

uhm , what do you mean with the first part??

It accelerates 0-35 ok but from then on it sucks. Sometimes it doesnt reach over 65 km/h. But sometimes when it gains a bit over 70 km/h then the rpms go up and it will go to 99 or so.

that's why i recommend a less weaker return spring , try a Malossi yellow or even Malossi red , i use it on my area51 too , the area51 is very heavy too.

and with a Malossi belt it only gets worse , I always recommend the std belt

and further , Giannelli shot is not an easy exhaust to adjust the variator too , to me it is not a very good exhaust voor std 50cc.

re aprilia area 51 problems

hi i also have a problem with an area 51 scoot its 50cc xreg

with leovince tt exhaust (derestricted)
and and variator restrictor removed
wen i put revs on the revs go higher but bike dosent even atempt to move till on full throttle the is no bottom are midrage power

i dont no wot rollers are in im told should be 4.0g
are wot clut springs are in told to get 15%
are wot contra spring is in

any ideas wot to do to sort it out

also have a problem with starter dosent work and makes no noises wen tested of batery works fine and switch seems to work so wots wrong

Hi I have a Athena variator with 16x13 4.4g Polini rollers, a new Malossi belt, Athena contrast spring and stock clutch springs. Also I have a Gianelli Shot exhaust. It goes 0-30 quickly then thinks about 30-50 and then goes again. Is this totally about the clutch springs? Im planning on putting red(6500rpm) or blue(8000rpm) Malossi springs are they ok? The green ones didnt help much(5000rpm)

Aprilia Area 51.

i would start with using lighter rollers, 3.6g for starters.

Back