2005 yamaha Zuma project

del105

I'm posting up my project since there aren't alot of US scooters on here and I have alot of questions and want to keep them in one place.

I'm converting my zuma to LC. I'm trying to make the fastest scooter I can while still running on pump gas and having full electrics.

I cut a bunch of extra metal off

scoot4.jpg

Here is my scoot getting taken apart
scoot2.jpg

S6R cylinder I had the water pump backwardds in this picture but I fixed it.
lc1.jpg

Here i'm replacing the Zuma wheels with Aerox 100 rear with kiesler mud guard and aerox 50 front wheels. I will take them to get polished later. I wonder if the Zuma brake disc will mount on the aerox wheel or if I will have to order a new brake disc.
kiesler1.jpg

some parts I'm stil waiting for a couple packages to arrive with my tranmission stuff and my aerox fork.
parts.jpg

Here is the kiesler intake block im getting my motor mount welded this weekend.
intake.jpg

more later.

Advertisement - register to remove this

Del105,
Keep it up, looks like you are in deep now. :) Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. You will indeed have a much-improved Zuma. Being in the U.S. also, I can relate to your requirements.

scootertrog

hi
good project

the zuma front disc doesn't fit on the aerox rim. and you will need to shorten the spacer to make it fit on the zuma fork

Which side spacer do I shorten? Seems as if I shorten the wrong side the brake wont fit right.
Also do you know if aerox forks will fit on chassis?

Last edited:
I mounted the fork legs from an aerox but I don't think they are going to fit with the brake. I would like to replace the entire fork. Does the zuma have a graded or continous fork? can I just order a fork for an aerox and have it bolt up?

fork.jpg

Last edited:
I mounted the fork legs from an aerox but I don't think they are going to fit with the brake. I would like to replace the entire fork. Does the zuma have a graded or continous fork? can I just order a fork for an aerox and have it bolt up?

fork.jpg

why do you want to change the entire fork?
That should work now

ps: did u get ur aerox parts from ebay?

I don't know about the body so far. I may leave the bug eyes because frankly I'm not into the teenage racer look. I will have to modify it some so that parts fit though

Here is where I welded on the radiator. It would not fit on the otherside because at full shock compression the tire hits it.
rad1.jpg

Welded on a proper side kickstand
rad2.jpg

Made a new motor mount. That cab is just there for fit and not the one I'm going to run.
mount.jpg

i dont know why you guys are having to shave the wheel spacers. I didnt touch mine. It dropped right in. 'm not using the speedo screw so maybe thats the difference but who needs the inaccuate POS stock speedo anyhow.

i dont know why you guys are having to shave the wheel spacers. I didnt touch mine. It dropped right in. 'm not using the speedo screw so maybe thats the difference but who needs the inaccuate POS stock speedo anyhow.

but doesn't the speedo thing work as a spacer? Didn't you have to replace it with something?

Del105, i like where you put the radiator, just wish I thought about it too... too late now.

ps: what's wrong with the "teenage racer look"? lol

stra8dum I don't need the speedo thing either so you pulled the metal spacer out of the speedo thing put that on plus the metal spacer on the left side and it fit?

I'm gonna ask a noob question here but how the hell do you stretch the black springs onto the delta clutch? I feel weak as a girl and can't get the 3rd one on.

ok i was mistaken. I just looked, I only took off the cable. i guess the speedo gear is part of the spacer. Its been so long since i did the front wheel. But I know it just bolted rigth in. Lay the bike on its side and everything will line right up.

Use a spring puller.
G_20908G_CL_1.jpg

or some needle nose pliers

I didn't have a spring puller so I had to use some creative thinking. I used a brake cable and locking pliers worked like a charm.

del105 said:
Well I got a couple things done this weekend got the bars on and got a new throttle cable (the one in the picture is the old one). I also put the aerox forks on and put new bearings in the front wheel.
My camera is aweful I know.
handlebars.jpg

rotor.jpg

sbrake.jpg

carb.jpg
vv

So I got the radiator mounted with body work on. The body work behind it is cut out to allow air flow. It is almost ready for it's first test drive I just need to get a throttle cable that is long enough and put it all back together.

rad3.jpg

Well it turns on and everything works exept I think there is air in the cooling system because it gets into the mid 70s without driving it. I also need to work on the transmission and get it set right.

finish.jpg

Back