Harrisan - Yamaha aerox --- Project: Snow white

harrisan

Hello!
My name is Harri. I'm from estonia(little country south of finland) and i'm 16 years old. I've had 5 scooters before(Honda dio, Aprilia sr50 ditech, Gilera runner, Yamaha aerox, Aprilia Sr50 Factory) and now i'm owner of Yamaha aerox again.

About the project:
At the summer, i game up idea to make a project for the winter. Custom scooter is alot cooler than original stock. And i wanted to do smth much bigger than my last aerox was(red-white, was out in 2 shows in estonia). And because, i liked aerox alot more than sr, i decided to switch scooters with my friend.
At the beginning, the aerox looked like this:
dsc00831hq2.jpg

Here with some new parts i bought on the same day when got this aerox:
rox4sd7.jpg

One day, when i wheelied and stuff, the rear shock absorber broke, and then i decided to start the project. The project is in progress right now ;):
After some little destruction:
pict0002gw7.jpg

Engine(pic was taken before wash):
pict0003qi7.jpg

Ignition down:
pilt145ne8.jpg

stock ignition:
pilt148pz3.jpg

Stock crankshaft:
pilt155ke7.jpg

Engine ready for sandblast and powder coat:
pilt160oo6.jpg

Rear doesn't stay like this, i'm gonna but sr-s rear light(these are molds)
p110307080701uq9.jpg

p110307080801yx3.jpg

Got engine black from sandblast and powdercoat:
pb010142gb1.jpg

Tried plastics on:
pb020143ra9.jpg

Rear light is going on like this, but litlle pit other angle and further back:
pb020146vu2.jpg

Got new rims(from aprilia sr r):
pb150173fi1.jpg

One little part:
pb150177qq8.jpg

Couple weeks ago got new cilinder, polini corsa.
The engine list:
Cilinder - Polini corsa 10 mm pin
Crankshaft - stock with new bearings
Reed valve: Malossi
Carb.: Dellorto 21 mm
Exhaust: Stage 6 pro replica chrome
Variator: Hebo Next generation

New rear shock absorber(don't know which one yet)
I want to build outside look more.
Project: snow white - this name comes from the plans. The color comes 2 tone white with some paintigs. one keyword: theme is winter :D
I'd like to thank one my firend who's helped alot with this scooter ;)
Beacause of the school i can't do nothing at this and next week.
I have alot of thoughts, what i want to do, so i keep in touch.
Hope to update soon.

UPDATE 22.12.08
Made some progress in couple days.
I worked mostly on front end.
Couple pics too:
Made rear plastics to fit:
pict0001fk3.jpg

pict0002wk6.jpg

Front plastic is taking shape:
pict0004wf7.jpg

PS! thats not mine exhaust on scooter :D

Made some progress with front end.
Also built the headlight together with front plastic
One pic too:
pc280377be2.jpg

Filler was still wet during making this pic.

UPDATE 2.jan 2009
Happy new year too! ;P

New shock absorber:
pc280376zi9.jpg

Front end(it's now ready for undercoat)
pc280380ox1.jpg

UPDATE 3.01.2009
Got a new rear end, now i have to buy new enginecovers and then built them together with otherstuff.:
p1030388qh7.jpg

p1030391am5.jpg

Rear light is going to fit like this:
p1030392he6.jpg

UPDATE 18.01.2009
I finally got the rim to set correctly and fitted the light with rear plastics. Also i ordered a exhaust, s6 pro replica, chrome.

Before any filler on sanding:
p1180408ug2.jpg

p1180402oc7.jpg

p1180406wx5.jpg

Tried the plastics on.
I really like the look of scoot now.
In these pics, the rear end look very long ja big, but in reality, it looks alot better.
p1240398bh4.jpg

p1240400by5.jpg

p1240400qg2.jpg

UPDATE 16.02.2009

Rear end is taking shape, soon its ready for paint, also my handlebar arrived:
p2080430qo5.jpg

Started scoot up one day, made little video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9u-E0elr98"]YouTube - harrisan - aerox[/ame]

p1240401xt3.jpg

UPDATE 31. March 2009
A small update over a long time.
Last week, one of my friend undercoated all my plastics. Result was pretty good. Today i spoke with painter, in week or so, i'm going to take plastics to be painted :winner:
Also, got my rims back from powder coat, they came up pretty nice too. I have also made some minor painting, stuff like brake fluid cups and stuff
Couple days ago i tried plastics on for the last time before paint, and made couple pictures too:
p3290454.jpg

p3290457.jpg

BIG UPDATE 12.04.2009
Scoot is painted. The paintcolor is lexus white, really nice color.
But, i have to repaint it, because, the paint started to bubble up on some plastics and there were some cracks on the undertail, so, i'm thinking to paint all plastics again.
Made few pics with painted plasics(without varnish). On pics you can't see the real radiation)
04727585921eb3.jpg

047275855d63db.jpg

UPDATE 14.08.09
Finally, my scoot is ready. Unfortunately, i had to demolish the rear end because it was full crap and it was almost possible to make it nice. So, i decided to put original shaped rear light.

aerox1.jpg

aerox2.jpg

aerox3.jpg

pict0023b.jpg

And with new seat cover:
foto0086.jpg

On tuesday, the rear seat should also get a new seat cover.
Also i have to install same minor things.....

Beacause, there where no sun out, turing making pics, you cant see the real tone of this paint.

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

hi mate, it would be roughly the same price to get a performance crankshaft and the technigas exhaust really are terrible, a yasuni c16 would work nicely with a corsa kit or why not change the corsa kit for an mhr rep?

i like what you have done so far :) just not the engine plans =]

hi mate, it would be roughly the same price to get a performance crankshaft and the technigas exhaust really are terrible, a yasuni c16 would work nicely with a corsa kit or why not change the corsa kit for an mhr rep?

i like what you have done so far :) just not the engine plans =]
I want this exhaust beacause i really like how it looks :D. And my first aerox had this exhaust, it was very very good exhaust. In stock, only the exhaust, it ran better than other aeroxes, and with mhr replica and polini sc, it was really good.
But yet i'm not very sure that i put this exhaust. C16 should be better jesh, but, will see ;)

Aprilia sr 50 R rims; soon i take them to powder coat.

looks nice:) but the rear SR rim does not look like the SR rim we have here in holland. The rims over here don't have adapter for the diskbrake, you mount it directly on to the rim without a adapter, this look much better:)

8)

looks nice:) but the rear SR rim does not look like the SR rim we have here in holland. The rims over here don't have adapter for the diskbrake, you mount it directly on to the rim without a adapter, this look much better:)

8)
i didn't exactly understand you.
I have discbrakes. Can't but em without that adapter?
Maybe they look diffrent because, maybe you use older sr- rims(racing, ditech and so on) but i have Sr50 R rims. They look a little bit diffrent.
Or i got it wrong ? :D

The ditech sr-rims don't fit on the aerox ....

We have the rims without the adapter for the discbrake..
If we you use the adaptor for the discbrake we can't attach the rim because than is the rear (Vertanding ?) gear theet to short for attaching ? ...

But ist look nice you're project ;)

Sorry for my bad English

greets

Nice dude, but a stock crankshaft won't last long with a polini corsa i think.
I'd like to see it when the scoot is painted :)

Back