slider 172

LOSMAN

172 SL!D3R!
i bought 2 sliders for £100 the idea was to make a fast 70 using stage6 products but the stage6 cylinder fell to pieces so thought why not 125 the spare slider so i began! firstly i stripped the spare and bought some new panels as the originals were pretty messed up
DSC00039.jpg

bodykit.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

i then began to polish my forks and tranny case
DSC00043.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

then my engine came for a bargain 80 pounds! and a 28mil carb with ramair filter and 172 kit

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

some polishing (half done)

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

picture of old panels

DSC00002-3.jpg

DSC00003-3.jpg

some more parts got delivered

DSC00021-1.jpg

i then bought a aerox wheel and painted my inner panels

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00004-1.jpg

then fitted the parts and looked like this

DSC00003-4.jpg

DSC00004-2.jpg

DSC00005-1.jpg

DSC00006-1.jpg

then fitted the 125 engine and the panels

DSC00012-2.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

panels on

DSC00016-1.jpg

DSC00017-1.jpg

DSC00018-1.jpg

DSC00015-1.jpg

i still have to get the engine running and a few visual parts to purchase ad fit as well as a new paint job maybe!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

i didnt think the nrg 50 wheel fit the gilera runner 125 hub? and i think i could make a runner front wheel fit but i really like the aerox wheel i duno il see how it goes i think i have a spare runner front wheel so il give it a try

EDIT: thinking about it the runner brake disk will be too big for the slider brake caliper

Last edited:
i didnt think the nrg 50 wheel fit the gilera runner 125 hub? and i think i could make a runner front wheel fit but i really like the aerox wheel i duno il see how it goes i think i have a spare runner front wheel so il give it a try

EDIT: thinking about it the runner brake disk will be too big for the slider brake caliper

ok mate

to fit the runner wheel on to the slider fork you need to machaine the bar down :~

but you make a new rear hub for a aerox rear wheel? then you can mount a new wavy disk on the runner block 8P

or you could make a spacer for the runner disk/ wheel on the slider forks :~

i think i might go with the front runner wheel but what do you mean machine the bar down? which bar? and what do you mean by make a spacer where would the spacer go?

i think i might go with the front runner wheel but what do you mean machine the bar down? which bar? and what do you mean by make a spacer where would the spacer go?

Hi mate

i mean the bolt/bar that goes though your wheel you need to change it to i think

and the spacer is to pack out the front calamper with the runner disk

i also think you can not have the standard speedo drive becuase the wheel is wider

i may be wrong with some of this thing but i have seen some sliders with the nrg wheel and they need to machain part to make it work

looked very very nice when it was finished

oh i get what you mean now a spacer for where the speedo drive would be well il give it a try tomorrow and see what happens cheers for the help

well i was planning on saving up for the stage 6 disk so i might just try and mod the bracket that comes with the runner package

hi mate

the spacer that comes with the runner disk will not fit the slider forks and the aerox stage 6 disk will also noit fit the slider forks

so you will need to make a spacer of your own

Bike looks cool but I don't like the way you mounted the engine because there is almost nothing to absorb vibrations, and those big engines make a lot of vibrations.

What's the wheelbase? It looks really small, this thing will wheelie like crazy.

Yes I know, but I think this is not enough and it's not like standard gilera 125, you dont have big rubber damper and engine swing arm.
By the way those crankcase rubber mounts make your engine wobble especially in short turns and fast direction changes which makes handling shit.

There are few aftermarket solutions like PM tuning bush kit etc. There is also a lot cheaper home made solution with bearings and plastic washers, I did that and handling is very much improved, let me know if ur interested I'll tell you how to do it.

Last edited:
I see a few possible problems, I am sorry I forgot that you have an AC engine not a LC. This solutions I am talking about are made for a LC engine, I don't know will it fit your block but I think it should because blocks are the same for AC and LC.
Onother problem, you don't have engine mounted like runner 125/180 has.

Anyway I think you could use it anyway, so here's what to do.

This is original LC engine mount, I think you will understand from the pictures, bearings and plastic washers go instead of original rubber mounts.

runner_25.jpg

You need four 10 x 30 x 9 bearings and plastic spacers like shown on this picture.

Resizeofblok_lageri.jpg

I don't have better pictures but I think you'll get the idea, you have to pull your rubber mount out and put the bearing in their place, and those plastic spacers are to reduce the vibrations.
Just to note that this is not my idea, pics taken from a german scooter forum (http://1948.rapidforum.de/). I did the same thing and it rocks, no more engine wobble.

This cost me in total of around 8 euros with cheap indian bearings :)

did i say 125 mount i meant 50 mount but i think it should be ok i hope anyway

The 50 cc Piaggio subframe including the rubber mount is enough for the maxi engine. I used this subframe for my race Zip +180 cc engine, it was very stable.

However your engine position is bad, do something with it!

Back