Where to get handlebar adaptor

str8dum

Hey guys,

I want to do a stem mount like this using a mountain bike stem to stretch out my arms.
1156xkfsw2tj5.jpg

Where do you get the adaptor so you can bolt the new mountain bike stem in place. I have a BWs scoot. All I have seen are the TNT like this
big6363.jpg

Thanks!

Advertisement - register to remove this

I got one from a mountain bike shop that I just put a shim in to use on a yamaha fork and it works ok. The piaggio/gilera forks are thicker at the tube and run higher above the fork, I think so maybe with those you don't need one? But from a bike shop you can ask for a stearing tube extender, riser or adaptor. They come in the 2 standard mountain bike sizes so get the closest. Maybe there's other custom scooter products but I don't know about them.

those mtn bike steerer extenders are only 3". thats enough? The ones like the TNT for the BWs are 175mm or 6.9". Very big difference.
Thanks!

brookespeed said:
I got one from a mountain bike shop that I just put a shim in to use on a yamaha fork and it works ok. The piaggio/gilera forks are thicker at the tube and run higher above the fork, I think so maybe with those you don't need one? But from a bike shop you can ask for a stearing tube extender, riser or adaptor. They come in the 2 standard mountain bike sizes so get the closest. Maybe there's other custom scooter products but I don't know about them.

It's enough to raise it up above the body work enough to attach another Mtn bike stem. though I'm still in the build process and have since removed all the body work. Also, I'm going to have to drill a hole for another securing bold through both the extender and the fork tube. I don't think the simple clamping force will be enough. Most Motorcycle/scooter forks have a notch in the fork tube to keep it from moving too far even if it's slips a little.

Back