12" Wheels for Mini motard - Where?

Velo

Hej Forum, after en unsuccesfull try in the motard sektion I'll try here in hope for someone to have an answer.

I am going to race a Polini XP 4T Racing on the tracks for this year, but I am still in search for some nice wheels for it.
b_XP_4TR_14-12.jpg

I am hoping to find som ø12" 2"+ width spoke wheels for it or maybe even som Alloys, Aluminium or Magnisium RR wheels, I know it existis but I don't know where to find it.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement - register to remove this

Hej Forum, after en unsuccesfull try in the motard sektion I'll try here in hope for someone to have an answer.

I am going to race a Polini XP 4T Racing on the tracks for this year, but I am still in search for some nice wheels for it.
http://www.polini.com/photo/b/b_XP_4TR_14-12.jpg

I am hoping to find som ø12" 2"+ width spoke wheels for it or maybe even som Alloys, Aluminium or Magnisium RR wheels, I know it existis but I don't know where to find it.

Thanks for your help.

I don't know if you can find casted alu or magnesium wheels. But you can use heavy duty 2,15" wide rims for your pit (this is the widest if I am right). With high quality hubs it's a good combo. I have had a "supermoto" pitbike a few years ago with this size rims front and rear. You can use 120/70-12 tyres at the rear and 100/x-12 at the front.
But check the distance between your front fork legs if there is enough space for the wide rim. (If not you can buy wider triple clamps also).

In my opinion there are pitbike shops in your country too, so you can ask some of your local pitbike dealer (not Polini but others). But ebay.com is also a good solution for you. There are many parts for pitbikes most of the USA dealers deliver to Europe..
Casted wheels aren't exist for pits (I am not 100% sure) or they are very rare. There are some billet aluminium spoke wheels from USA, but they are really expenive.

If you want casted wheels you have to find a motorcycles that have 12" wheels, and do serious modifications, becasue of the different axle diameters, sprckets, brake disc..).
For example Metrakit mini bikes have 12" casted wheels (2,75-3,5 wide), maybe they sold that wheels as spare parts.

I know you are interested in tuning, you may don't know that HPI have inner rotor kit for pitbikes. And Malossi will have some tuning parts for pits also (selettra rotor kit, clutch springs etc).

Last edited:
I don't know if you can find casted alu or magnesium wheels. But you can use heavy duty 2,15" wide rims for your pit (this is the widest if I am right). With high quality hubs it's a good combo. I have had a "supermoto" pitbike a few years ago with this size rims front and rear. You can use 120/70-12 tyres at the rear and 100/x-12 at the front.
But check the distance between your front fork legs if there is enough space for the wide rim. (If not you can buy wider triple clamps also).

In my opinion there are pitbike shops in your country too, so you can ask some of your local pitbike dealer (not Polini but others). But ebay.com is also a good solution for you. There are many parts for pitbikes most of the USA dealers deliver to Europe..
Casted wheels aren't exist for pits (I am not 100% sure) or they are very rare. There are some billet aluminium spoke wheels from USA, but they are really expenive.

If you want casted wheels you have to find a motorcycles that have 12" wheels, and do serious modifications, becasue of the different axle diameters, sprckets, brake disc..).
For example Metrakit mini bikes have 12" casted wheels (2,75-3,5 wide), maybe they sold that wheels as spare parts.

I know you are interested in tuning, you may don't know that HPI have inner rotor kit for pitbikes. And Malossi will have some tuning parts for pits also (selettra rotor kit, clutch springs etc).

Thx browni. But the problem is that I can't realy find these dealers, I have found one french company randomly which had 2½" rears which would be great. And i once saw Magnesium wheels for the mini GP bikes, but off course, I can't remember where anymore.

One of the good reasons to race the Polini bike is becuase it is made to work with frame and suspension and the drive. Stock fork is Mazocci Shiver carbon nitrate coated USD and the rear is a genuine Öhlins shock, and it moves way smothe.
The engine is with real oilfilter and a four valve head. So it is promising.
And i isn't as loud as pitbikes normally are. And because it is polini it is easy for me to get parts for it. Though exept the wheels wich I havent found yet.
I am planning to but some MC31 racing softs on the thing.

I'll keep this topic updated. But for now the hunt is on wheels.

Thx browni. But the problem is that I can't realy find these dealers, I have found one french company randomly which had 2½" rears which would be great. And i once saw Magnesium wheels for the mini GP bikes, but off course, I can't remember where anymore.

One of the good reasons to race the Polini bike is becuase it is made to work with frame and suspension and the drive. Stock fork is Mazocci Shiver carbon nitrate coated USD and the rear is a genuine Öhlins shock, and it moves way smothe.
The engine is with real oilfilter and a four valve head. So it is promising.
And i isn't as loud as pitbikes normally are. And because it is polini it is easy for me to get parts for it. Though exept the wheels wich I havent found yet.
I am planning to but some MC31 racing softs on the thing.

I'll keep this topic updated. But for now the hunt is on wheels.

If you don't find a local shop just order it from Germany or Sweeden.

For example pitbike.se ->

Sure the front is 1,85 but ask them if they can send you a 2,15 as front too.http://store.pitbike.se/generated/article_309_0_0_0_0.asp?extra=&nocache=2009%2D01%2D02+15%3A21%3A59

It's a complete set with hubs. Check the wheel axle diameter before order it.

However I don't know why do you want the widest rims.
I was even faster with a CHP bike that had only 1,6x12 wheels front and rear and with 300x12 size Heidenau K61 tyres.

The Polini bike has quiet good parts (suspension is fine), but the frame isn't very strong.
My bike had a Yoshimura exhaust it was also quiet and had a very nice deep sound.

Last edited:
If you don't find a local shop just order it from Germany or Sweeden.

For example pitbike.se ->

Sure the front is 1,85 but ask them if they can send you a 2,15 as front too.http://store.pitbike.se/generated/article_309_0_0_0_0.asp?extra=&nocache=2009%2D01%2D02+15%3A21%3A59

It's a complete set with hubs. Check the wheel axle diameter before order it.

However I don't know why do you want the widest rims.
I was even faster with a CHP bike that had only 1,6x12 wheels front and rear and with 300x12 size Heidenau K61 tyres.

The Polini bike has quiet good parts (suspension is fine), but the frame isn't very strong.
My bike had a Yoshimura exhaust it was also quiet and had a very nice deep sound.

The reason I wan't the wide rims is because I am used to drive with 3" rims
And I can get better tires in that size too.
Thx for the link!

Back