Where to find a wig..................

FUracing8

FUracing8
Alright guys, I've made up my mind I'm gonna go the route all you Europeans are and face the carb on my minerelli towards the rear. Now I know you need to use a wig to do this, and I haven't been able to find anyone here in Bermuda that has one or will attempt to make me one. I've already cut the motor mounting bracket and had it re-welded for support and have the spacers done up to bolt the motor back. I've got the manifold and the carb, but I need to find a wig. Is there anyone that has one they'd like to sell or does anyone know anyone that I could order one through? I'll be using a Mikuni 24 flatslide carb and malossi reedcage. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement - register to remove this

i did that on my dragscoot sometime ago & it worked like a charm until that damned Mikuni TM28 semidowndraft carb i used gave me problems that i can't seem to fix so i discarded the whole rear facing carb/intake set-up in favor of the OKO28 carb & KOSO black manifold, with additional porting of the intake manifold the new carb set-up ran better than expected.

i didn't use a wig to face my carb to the rear i just turned the MHR rubber manifold backwards and the semidowndraft carb did it's thing, it was really good while it lasted it was a real eye catcher (i was the only one with that rear facing carb set-up & i won races with it).

rydah i didn't have trouble finding a shop to reweld the the engine support it's just a matter of ingenuity.

FUracing8:

Scooter-Center has it for 87.00 Euro, complete wig and manifold

WigKieslerManifold.jpg

Is that manifold big enough for a 24 or 28 though? It looks to me like one for a 21 or a trophy carb. I need one for the Mikuni 24 flatslide and a d-bored dellorto 26. Just don't wanna spend all that money for something that doesn't fit, ya know.

Furacing8: Scooter-Center has 2 sizes for the manifold, one is for 22 m.m. carbs and the other is for bigger than 22 m.m., but you can send an e-mail to tech support and ask them.

Mexicano said:
Furacing8: Scooter-Center has 2 sizes for the manifold, one is for 22 m.m. carbs and the other is for bigger than 22 m.m., but you can send an e-mail to tech support and ask them.

one wig is 21mm and the other is 28mm !

greetz

is the carb still inclined or tilted with the wig? can you point me to a picture with the carb & wig intalled on scooter. on my next project dragracer i'll get one of these i'd like to go back to the rear facing carb set-up i love the look on their faces when they see no carb in the usual place; WTF?! how did you do that? :8

rydah said:
out here in hawaii not too many people are willing to do things like that. most guys out here ride hondas anyways so to them yamaha stuff is useless.

i feel you man, it's hard being one of the few people who rides a Yamaha 70cc screamer set-up but they don't know what they're missing with a dimunitive 70cc set-up, when it revs it's music to my ears! :D

Back