Whats the deal!?!?!?

marshmello

Okay this is going to be attempt number two of trying to figure out why my scooter won't preform the way it should.

Precarb and pre polini sport I had about 40 mph on flats and maybe 45 down hill

I added the carb before the 70cc and I added alot more uphill and stability in power. I now got about 41-42 ish on flats and maybe 46-47 on the downhill but lots of uphill.

Now with the 19mm carb and a polini sport I have a flat speed of about43 ish and a so far max of about 50 down hill major WOT.

Im really disapointed and I think somewhere something is wrong I have a pipe,carb,70cc and am getting maybe plus 7-8 mph this seems messed up to me is it? The airsal cylinder I had with stock carb before it went heads up went and easy 60. anyhelp would be great thanks.

Advertisement - register to remove this

Your jetting on your carb is proally wrong, also i rememebr u saying u put on the kit with a air gun and messed up the head bolt... There could be a possibility that u have a leak and that will reduce your performance dramatically.
NOTE
Putting on a kit alone dosen't make your bike fast (espacially a sport). You may want to consider getting aftermarket parts for your transmission.
Try getting your hands on a
racing variator
torque drive
adjustable racing clutch
torque spring
secondary or primary gearwheels

with thoes you should notice a huge difference in your bikes power and top end if tuned correctly

Air Wrench? Lol no I used a torque wrench but I think I over torqued it... Turns out I stretched the bolt and messed up the gasket I have new head bolts,nuts and gasket. Im thinking maybe carb jetting the area around the points are flat black ish but below in the innertubular area(mega technical here) it is indeed a redish brownish little more reddish then cardboard deal.

I have a polini speed control for a variator and torque spring? Is that the 3 clutch springs or the contra sping? I have a few of both I do need to change my contra spring I think the bike after hard acc. wont drop into a lower gear. Also gearing is probably a no no for me (lots of hills)

Bottom line? I feel like my jetting is wrong but the plug is sorta brownish with a red tint below the point and the point has a small small amount of cb brown... I don't know... So confused. Im afraid to down jet if it's okay the way it is and end up borking it.

Air Wrench? Lol no I used a torque wrench but I think I over torqued it... Turns out I stretched the bolt and messed up the gasket I have new head bolts,nuts and gasket. Im thinking maybe carb jetting the area around the points are flat black ish but below in the innertubular area(mega technical here) it is indeed a redish brownish little more reddish then cardboard deal.

I have a polini speed control for a variator and torque spring? Is that the 3 clutch springs or the contra sping? I have a few of both I do need to change my contra spring I think the bike after hard acc. wont drop into a lower gear. Also gearing is probably a no no for me (lots of hills)

Bottom line? I feel like my jetting is wrong but the plug is sorta brownish with a red tint below the point and the point has a small small amount of cb brown... I don't know... So confused. Im afraid to down jet if it's okay the way it is and end up borking it.

Air Gun, Air Wrench, Torque Gun, Torque Wrench, Same Difference to me lol. There just powerful wrenches...
Torque Spring is the same thing as a Contra Spring.
The stiffer the contra spring the easier the bike drops in a lower gear.
If its stiffer your powerband becomes broader and thats what u want for your type of terrain. If you can get a malossi yellow contra spring then you will have much more power then with your stock 1.
Now about this jetting!!! Redish brown ?!@#$ Sound like u running premix blood! anything that is chocolate brown or around the brown color is good... Red isnt white which is bad and neather is it black which isnt bad but off. So my guess is you eyes are fuckin wit u lol. What heat plug are u running?

So... I had orig a 80 jet and it had slight chocolate brown and yesterday I went to a 75 and had slight brown and than a 70 and had like white blissers so I stayed up at 75 the points don't really geta color to them and the insulator has some brown so I think im okay there... My next huge problem is this thing is billowing smoke beyond imagination all of a sudden I suspect it could me oil/fuel mixtures combined with warmer weather? I am running it at alittle leaner than 25:1 and it seems to me like that should be fine but as it stands I feel bad with the cloud of smoke following me lol... any ideas? What would you change the 3 clutch spring too? I have I think Blue Green Yellow? eeckk... not home now so can't say for sure but any ideas?

The extra smoke could be left over fluids in the case.
Maybe you flooded it some time back? Chances are it's
a different reason, but.. if this is the case, it's possible
that you are wasting your time jetting leaner right now, till
the case is cleared out. Might be the extra fluids that
are keeping it from seizing. Just a thought, but important
enough to follow to however unlikely a conclusion,
just to be safe. I would run it a little rich for now, and
see if the smoke goes away eventually, then continue
adjusting the carb.

Last edited:
Back