What is the best race tyres

Squirrel

To HoT tO HaNdLe
I need some info. what is the best tyre to use for track racing something that is nice and sticky and will last a while but no slicks. this will help me in buying a good tyre.

i have tried the donlop mediums and the raceman hards

my next choice is the raceman softs

Advertisement - register to remove this

ML 50, ML 50, bla bla. Looks like this forum is sponsored by ML 50.

Okay sure, it's a decent tire, but why do people just say ML 50 without thinking?

Squirrel: you haven't mentioned what track/weather conditions. Since you didn't stated these, people can't even answer, so everyone who just days "ML 50" doesn't no a lot about tires.

The ML 50 is tire that performs good in rainy and dry conditions. Because of this, mean that this tire is NOT EXCELLENT in either dry or rainy conditions. Besides, the ML 50 wears quickly, which makes the Price/quality NOT so good (in my opinion)

If you need a sticky tire in dry conditions, you will want a semi-slick tire. Think Michelin Bopper, Pirelli SL 36 (of still exists), Metzeler ME7Teen and likes.

Squirell, best thing to do is go to different manufacturer's websites and check the current lineup.

"ML50"

Are you joking guys??

ML50 is totally standard street tyre.

I think there are two good sport tyres:

1. Metzeler usese a quite soft material for it's tyres, so the ME7Teen is very good in my opinion.

2. Michelin Pilot Sport SC R is a good solution too with high speed index!

The ultimate race tyre is Sava, but it has a very short life even the medium too so it is good for track only.

Browni said:
"ML50"

Are you joking guys??

ML50 is totally standard street tyre.

I think there are two good sport tyres:

1. Metzeler usese a quite soft material for it's tyres, so the ME7Teen is very good in my opinion.

2. Michelin Pilot Sport SC R is a good solution too with high speed index!

The ultimate race tyre is Sava, but it has a very short life even the medium too so it is good for track only.

ML50 = race

Folkert@MinaRally said:
ML 50, ML 50, bla bla. Looks like this forum is sponsored by ML 50.

Okay sure, it's a decent tire, but why do people just say ML 50 without thinking?

Squirrel: you haven't mentioned what track/weather conditions. Since you didn't stated these, people can't even answer, so everyone who just days "ML 50" doesn't no a lot about tires.

The ML 50 is tire that performs good in rainy and dry conditions. Because of this, mean that this tire is NOT EXCELLENT in either dry or rainy conditions. Besides, the ML 50 wears quickly, which makes the Price/quality NOT so good (in my opinion)

If you need a sticky tire in dry conditions, you will want a semi-slick tire. Think Michelin Bopper, Pirelli SL 36 (of still exists), Metzeler ME7Teen and likes.

Squirell, best thing to do is go to different manufacturer's websites and check the current lineup.

what you are talkin about is very tru i should have givin a bit more info on the track when it rains the track doesn't pool with water and it gets roughly 90+ in the summer the tem now is in the mid 70's the surface of the track is very rough so a medium to hard compond will be required

where is a good place to start to look for the tyres that you where talkin about

Some people tell here about the ML50, but have they got experience @ track use??? I don't think so..

Bridgestone Battlax, Dunlop TT GP, Heidenau Racing, Schwalbe Raceman,...

till now my best pair of tires where : dunlop run scoots...
(i have had: ml50,michelin bopper, pilot and michelin mexxer)

if the dunlop rs runs out i am going for the battlax, because these work great on my motorcycle.
so i hope they are from the same compound as the motortire..

Razma said:
Some people tell here about the ML50, but have they got experience @ track use??? I don't think so..

ml50....for wet conditions...?

Razma said:

the race man hard or softs?

Hello Squirrel,
I am so supprised at you. You know that Sava's are the ULTIMATE Racing Tries along with the Donlops for RACE USE. For racing in the rain, Sava by far. These other name brands, what did you guys do make them up hell man!!!!!!!
Those other name brands may be more cost effective, but you asked for the best. Please listen to Browni. Sometimes I just don't understand you and Mr. Bennelli. Why re-invent the wheel.

Note: We have Sava's in stock in soft & medium compound. See you Sunday.

Added Speed

Speed said:
Hello Squirrel,
I am so supprised at you. You know that Sava's are the ULTIMATE Racing Tries along with the Donlops for RACE USE. For racing in the rain, Sava by far. These other name brands, what did you guys do make them up hell man!!!!!!!
Those other name brands may be more cost effective, but you asked for the best. Please listen to Browni. Sometimes I just don't understand you and Mr. Bennelli. Why re-invent the wheel.

Speed you know some of us have to learn for ourselves (i.e. learning the hard way) We all like to just verify what we are using is the best even if that means checking many sources. I've have very good experience with the Dunlop Race Tires for the 12 inch rims in both wet and dry conditions... and also with the Sava Mediums in dry conditions... I haven't had the chance to run Sava Softs but i wouldn't mind trying them out to compare to the dunlops.
Either way when it comes to racing it isn't always about the most cost effective tire... At the end of the day it comes down to using the best tire that suits you in order to win.

Mr. Bennell my friend,
I'll GIVE you a set of Sava Soft Racing Compound Tires, being I am not going to defend the scooter class this season. I have to introduce Metrakit Mini GP's. I know that they use donlops 12". I want to try the Sava's on these bikes too. I know Metrakit had Sava's at the factory when I was over there last month. They wanted to test them on a Jog RR.
Just set your pressures correctly & then base your decision. I like you. You are a good person. Try your spondsers Hutchingson's, Ha! Ha! Ha! See you Sunday, maybe!!!!!!!!

Added Speed

Back