what is the best way to make a race pipe new again ?

jog rr lc

jog rr lc
i have a malossi mhr race pipe, but over time it has started to go brown an rust a bit does any one no how to make it look new again so u can see the weld lines an make it look shiny. need help ??????:?:?:?:?:?:?:?

Advertisement - register to remove this

i have a malossi mhr race pipe, but over time it has started to go brown an rust a bit does any one no how to make it look new again so u can see the weld lines an make it look shiny. need help ?

I cleaned up my Gianelli Shot with a grinder - I bought a metal brush disk for the job - you can also use a simple sanding disk or use them both.
It's quite rough but at least it's fast and effective. If you want a superb finish then buy a polishing disk and some polishing cream.
After sanding out/polishing all the rust I suggest you spray on a few layers of special clearcoat for metal surfaces.

My tool was a Bosch
grmipws7115.jpg

thanks but dont u think the polish is goin to burn after running the bike

Not if you buy a special heat resistant varnish - every aftermarket exhaust has some coats of clearcoat on to prevent rusting.
You can probably find the spray at your local construction-stuff-store.

Ofcoarse it's going to stink after the first runs but after some while it'll be OK.

You can sandblast it and after that go with a torch over the welds to get the blue colorment back. After that spray it with heat resistant clear coat.

Back