what is the best airfilter?

stred-aerox

which one gives most performance?
In your mind which one sounds best?
What is the advantages of the long polini one?
Thankyou.

Advertisement - register to remove this

an powerfilter doesnt give much more performance.. tell me something about youre setup and maybe we could help you out !

there all decent. i buy k&n filters,
but i find i allways have to buy them slightly larger then they say they are for. i havnt actually tryed anything other then k&n. except...

i did construct a flap out of metal on my choke cabel... i could manually open and close it by hand. lol. it was interesting. i eventually bought a stack and new carb lol. ran better. but it was an experiment.

__hinge___
\ <---wire | |
\ /| |\
O | <---hinge / | | \
-- |-- | | flap | | <--wing
--------- | | | | |
| \ | | /
| \| |/
--------- | ---------
carb

lol. i wouldnt try this. i found a stack better. tho a profeshional and not so ghetto one like mine might be aight. not shure.

err. cant show u properly. im shure you see what i mean tho.

Last edited:
stred-aerox said:
which one gives most performance?
In your mind which one sounds best?
What is the advantages of the long polini one?
Thankyou.

If you're worried about performance, why not get a better exhaust? A Tecnigas RS70 will do the job just fine... (+2HP)

i agree , a better exaust wil give you more HP , the sound will be different then.
better use the original filter but without the tube

Which filter do you recomend on my setup?
DR evo tunned
DO 19 black edition
MHR exhasut
and some other parts
I have in mind malossi E14 is it any good?

i guess it dosnt matter what shape much. i just like round tapered personally. id rather use oval tapered but the air in on the carb is round, so theres no point. any stack will do, but 'i' would get a round tapered.

then when u put the filter that allows higher air flow, you will probably have to rejet, and it will deffently have to be a bigger main jet. how much bigger i dont know.

yea, if you dont have an aftermarket carb, theres not much point in getting a filter yet.

Back