Tuning advice

brad x8r

Hi,
i have recently bought a honda x8r and because of the law over were i live (Channel Islands, there like just south of England) we can drive a motorbike below 50cc. i have passed my test but my bike is slower than every one elses apart from one other honda x8r and a Honda vision. Even a cheap crappy four stroke chinise make bike and my dads zoma will beat my bike on top end! and i was hoping that you guys here could give me some help on tuning my bike but keeping it 50cc, at the moment it has every thing stock but i have de-restricted my standard exhaust and i want to get the fastest posible top speeds out of my bike

Advertisement - register to remove this

Don't listen to sonicluke50. Lighter rollers will give you too much rpm (destroying the engine). And how can a race exhaust be legal?? :L

thanks, i was looking at a polini "race" pipe but aslong asthe police think that its legal it is, you have any idea about a good weight roler?

what do you mean robinl i have 3 gram rollers in my 50 and i get 62mph out of it and my engine runs perfectly and has done for ages and you can get a nice giannelli pipe for quite cheap that is road legal doesnt have to be a race pipe

thanks, i was looking at a polini "race" pipe but aslong asthe police think that its legal it is, you have any idea about a good weight roler?

if you want to buy polini race mate you gonna have to get better carb, cylinder you could still put it on but would be pointless cus bike would just be revving to max, havent really got alot of experience with x8r's, you sure you've took all of the restrictions out of the bike?? get a polini variator and buy a set of roller weights its trial and error will just have to play around with it, for an exhaust theres not alot for x8r's id go for something like a Leo Vince ZX chrome there nice pipes and good for average set-ups link for one is underneath, ;)

http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p/HONDA-X8RRSRX-ETC-LEO-VINCE-ZX-1729.aspx

thanks dixy and sonic luke,
i have had a look at the gianelli but cant find anywere that will post to were i live and im trying to avoid the leovince ZX because my mate has one and it didnt do any difference even with the different rolers and springs, il keep looking around for a gianelli reverse or something like that, you guys have any opinion on the technigas next r?

i would stick with a giannelli pipe if i were you, i have had mine for 4 months and there is no sign of rust at all, i have heard of these rely exspensive pipes that just rust after a month, my mate has a endy pipe which sounds awsome and the power is great to, just keep searching untill something pops up i got mine of ebay very cheap try there! good luck! :)

Back