Transmission Oil?

abbbe

Hi guys ;)

I had a passenger on the back of of my malaguti phantom F12 the other day. When we stopped I saw there was oil all over the back half of the engine and all over the back wheel :-(

While I was trying to find the leak I had my mechanic on the phone, and he told me to check the transmission oil he also said that it should be filled to the point of nearly pouring out the hole.

When I unscrewed the stopper it looked like there was no oil in there at all.

The scooter manual says to put in 0.12 lt (T35 80W). I've put in what it says but I still cant see the oil through the hole. I've looked all over the net and everyone seems to say the same as my mechanic "Fill it up until it starts pouring out of the hole". |(

I don't want to put in too much in and mess up the gearbox but then I don't want to put in too little and mess up the gearbox. 8P

Can someone on here give me a bit of advice on how much I should put in?

Thanks guys ;)

P.S

The leak turned out to be my shock absorber has packed in :(

This is a pic of the stopper on my scooter:

Advertisement - register to remove this

Right below it should say how much u got to put in?
On the minarelli engine it says 110 i think?
You wont see the oil through the hole,cuz it drops under the gears....best way is to take the oil out again(screw is located right under the carter) and refill it,just to be sure ...if u add a little bit more nothing will happen,and oil used to go out sometimes under hard conditions.
Look behind the engine,there is a little black tube what comes out of the engine and leads the oil under the engine,if your one fell off,it ll spread all over the engine...:)

Regards

BTW,dont be surprised that no 1 answered middle of the night ^^

do not fill it till its overflowing
There is a certain amount to put in as aprillia fan says
If you go over this amount it will just cost you performance

Thanks for all the replies ;)

Like I said the oil leak turned out to be coming from my shock absorber so I've sent away for a new one :)

Yeah it does say OIL 110 CM³ but I don't know what this means :(

I've took a picture of what I think to be the drain plug , can you please confirm its the correct one.

Thanks again for all the replies ;)

110ml of gear oil have to go in.

And yes,there u take the old gear oil off...make sure all comes out and than u put the screw back on.After that u fill 110ml of gearoil in.

Thanks mate ;)

I changed the oil and my shock today and so far everything seems ok :)

I also put some of those led's under the scooter so they shine on the flour when I have my headlights on..

Thanks again

Back