piaggio 172cc - best transmission?

DangerousDave

gilerarunner.net
just wondering if anyone knew which variator is best for sprinting? and with what belt/torque drive/clutch?

Malossi MULTIVAR 2000
Malossi MHR ?
Polini ?

is a L/C piaggio 125/172 motor

thanks!! *D

edit: also i need a new exhaust (high rev) what would you suggest? polini evolution, malossi mhr, jolly moto 172, pm tuning, technigas, etc??

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

just wondering if anyone knew which variator is best for sprinting? and with what belt/torque drive/clutch?

Malossi MULTIVAR 2000
Malossi MHR ?
Polini ?

is a L/C piaggio 125/172 motor

thanks!! *D

edit: also i need a new exhaust (high rev) what would you suggest? polini evolution, malossi mhr, jolly moto 172, pm tuning, technigas, etc??

For the maxi Piaggio engine, the Malossi Multivar and the Malossi MHR variator are the SAME. The diffenece is only the enclosed parts.
The Multivar pack conatins one heavier set (14-15gr???) roller weights and a soft variator spring. The MHR conatins the same variator but it conatins two set of light roller weights 9 and 12,5 gr, and also a spring. However this kit it's more suitable for the MHR exhaust because of the rollers.

You can buy the MHR kit, because you have a chance, one of the roller weight can be used for your bike.

The Polini variator has a longer life but it'sa little bit weaker in perfomance delivery.

The MAossi torwue driver is a good thing also. In my opinion the standard belt and clutch has enough grip for a tuned engni, but if you don't share my wiev just buy a Malossi belt and a Delta clutch.

The Polini EVO maxi exhaust is a very usable exhaust with lot of low rpm power, it's one of the best for the streets, but for sprinting it's not the best.

The Malossi is a quite high reving pipe with no power at low/mid range, but it's quite good at high rpm it's a little bit nervy pipe, with a sudden power kick.

The Jolly Moto is the mixture of these two (just my opinion), wider power range, torque and a reasonable good power at higher rpm.

Just forget the Tecnigas 125/180 cc exhaust, it's not a good product.

I have no personal experience with the PM pipe, I've heard it's good. It's very popular in Great Britain.

Aloha, when I was using my Runner 172, I had Polini Vario and Polini 4 or 6 pipe. After asking in a couple of newsgroups, this was the best. With the PM tuning pipe, there were several complaints about build quality and the sound was quite loud.

frank

For the maxi Piaggio engine, the Malossi Multivar and the Malossi MHR variator are the SAME. The diffenece is only the enclosed parts.
The Multivar pack conatins one heavier set (14-15gr???) roller weights and a soft variator spring. The MHR conatins the same variator but it conatins two set of light roller weights 9 and 12,5 gr, and also a spring. However this kit it's more suitable for the MHR exhaust because of the rollers.

You can buy the MHR kit, because you have a chance, one of the roller weight can be used for your bike.

The Polini variator has a longer life but it'sa little bit weaker in perfomance delivery.

The MAossi torwue driver is a good thing also. In my opinion the standard belt and clutch has enough grip for a tuned engni, but if you don't share my wiev just buy a Malossi belt and a Delta clutch.

The Polini EVO maxi exhaust is a very usable exhaust with lot of low rpm power, it's one of the best for the streets, but for sprinting it's not the best.

The Malossi is a quite high reving pipe with no power at low/mid range, but it's quite good at high rpm it's a little bit nervy pipe, with a sudden power kick.

The Jolly Moto is the mixture of these two (just my opinion), wider power range, torque and a reasonable good power at higher rpm.

Just forget the Tecnigas 125/180 cc exhaust, it's not a good product.

I have no personal experience with the PM pipe, I've heard it's good. It's very popular in Great Britain.

ok thanks! it will be used for sprinting so i will probably go for the mhr varo and mhr exhaust if it is better for higher rpms? what about clutch bell, is this worth replacing with performance part?

thanks!

Back