Track bike...minarelli or piaggio?

that runner is ok...just like most other bikes down there..runs right with everyone else...it dont wanna run at teh front of the second track but there u go...u have a runner at teh track...so u can go be happy :)

the chasis may be unstable, but due to that single side front suspension, you get alot or front wheel slide.....ask anyone who races a zip down there, even with super sticky rubber and suspension, front and back......now, the next time you look at the Audiobauhn bikes, notice the difference between the #5 and the #77.......one has the old front end, with twin shocks. OH, and their STOCK, with bigger springs, but their double forks, and the front end slide is greatly reduced. Even John Cook could tell you that!

if you can manage to get your hands on a yamaha jog zII and set it up chock full of MK PR2, Polini EVO2 or MHR Team parts it can beat any scooter in the track if it's properly tuned. suspension tuning parts? for rear dampers we use Malossi RS24 but for the front forks usually CMR, POP, NCY are quite better that the stock forks, just drain out the fork fluid & replace them with motul fork oil and shim the springs if they're too soft. as for race rubber we 3 brands to choose from; Dunlop TT91GP, Bridgestone BT39SS & IRC MBR 740RR. the most popular is the Dunlop but personally i prefer Bridgestones especially when it comes to bigger high speed tracks, Dunlop has better grip for sprint races especially when it's on smaller tracks.

brakes? the stock 1 piston caliper unit won't make the cut so we replace them with 2 piston Brembo caliper, SBS carbon race pads & 220mm wave disc for overkill stopping power.

k0rgx said:
220 mm discs? Will they fit on 10 inch wheels ?

yes they do & it's made by SHARK, it's a wave design & it looks cool too i wish i can show you a pic or 2 but maybe EMO can dig something up. the disk is offset a bit so the caliper doesn't touch the rim/wheel.

tiba, that would undoubtly be an awesome track bike. with all of those parts that Jog would really be something. however, no mater how much of how high quality engine parts you put on that jog, you simply don't have (1) the overall wheelbase of a zip or a benelli (2) the weight of a zip or a benelli (3) that extra 1 1/2 horsepower of that piaggo motor. Also,the bike even with suspension is so low to the ground, that many of the new Pro race pipes would be hitting the ground when being laid over to the right. I've tried doing it on an old model jog and on a new model. I even put a 12 inch rim on the back wheel for clearance when running Fabrizi 90cc kits on one back in 98 here in Bermuda.
I would love to see you're creation go up against a zip, but I think that even with all that stopping power, and the same rubber as the zip, it'd get beaten. Riding positioning is key when riding a scooter at high speed. You'd find the jog just can't get it done. It's been tried here before. It might hang around in the middle of the pack, but that'll be it. Can you try and get us some pic EMO? I'm not trying to say that you're ride isn't awesome, I'm just stating my point of veiw as a racer, and I ride a benelli. The zip is the dominant 'small' bike if you will. I wanna see the new model jogs with 12 inch wheels down the track. They're light and really easy to ride. Great foot positioning too. Just gotta cut that frame up for some big radiator in the front and get some hot front forks and a shock. It'd be there.

FUracing8,

We are now using the chasis from a JOG ER (taiwan model) before we are using Jog Nextzone (japan), Jog ER has a longer wheelbase compared to Japan model Jogs, thus better cornering compared to the Japan models.

As for the ground clearance of the pipe, we are using the ver 2 of the ProRace2 pipe without any problem regarding ground clearance. I think emo did post the pic of my Jog here, i'll ask him to post a link.

For the weight, I havent weigh the scoot yet, but in our local races we have a 130kg weight limit including the rider, helmet, suit, boots, gloves. My rider weigh around 68kg without his gears.

I did also notice that most Jogs (10 inch rims) that are available in europe and the states have a similar chasis and body panels to the Japan Model ARTISTIC which already OLD. What chasis did you use for your Jog Racer?

the Jog ZII has a much longer wheelbase (like their taiwan Jog ER cousins) than their older brethren, the ergo of the ZII is a lot better than the pre-1999 yamaha jogs & the worst is the Jog with the 3KJ frame code called the Artistic & Sporst Edition.

as for weight the Jog ZII is lighter than the lightest Zip SP you can make, you'll have to make CF fairings & magnesium wheels to bring down the weight of the Zip SP to match the Jogs, also there's a magnesium wheel available for all the Jogs which have front disk brakes.

but after it's all set & done it comes down to the rider to put all that power to use, all that will be useless if the rider isn't competent to handle such a beast.

oh yeah, I know the Jog is much lighter Tiba, and I totally agree that it all comes down to the rider and how well he can put that prower to the ground. I also know that some versions have a longer wheelbase than others, but I've only ever seen Jog's that have 10inch wheels in the Sport edition and the older model one. I've never seen a newer model than that with 10inch wheels before. The Jog that I now have is a Japanese 2003 model that came stock with 12inch rims. and it has a longer wheelbase and weighs in at roungly the same as a zip, without fuel, coolant, and rider. We don't have a weight division here in bermuda. It's kind of bring what you got and race, with full gear of course. I weigh approximately 110 kg (240 lbs) myself, without the gear or the bike. Could you please post another pic of this machine Tiba ? I want to see what model you have, maybe I have never seen one like this before.
Reguards to all

if your bike is better on the fast track then y cant u tune the clutches or tune a kit for the short track? and maybe use a bigger carb like 24mmd-slide for the fast track to get more torque? or even change your gear ratio for short track?

very nice, I now see what you're talking about, those are very different models from what I have ever seen. I would love to be able to get my hands on one of them. They definately need some modification to make them race track worthy though, like you said previously. definately the potential to challenge a zip. I still don't know about the exhaust pipe clearance though, not for the pipes I like to use so much.

I am going to show a couple of people these. Thank you much.

did cook jus sell that jog? or is he about to cause i kno this guy who said he is gonna buy it sometime soon. wat parts he running...evo2 stuff? is the bike a decent track bike or is it more setup for drag? and how will this thing run compared to other bikes at teh track

cool

well, we were talking about selling it, but it's all up in the air. I'm contemplating using it as a back-up bike to my benelli, snce I'm always blowing up something that Metrakit or Malossi make with that particular bike. ummmm, I dunno. we have an evo2 block on it, mix and match clutches and stuff. the frame and plastics are all for sale, but make sure that the guy knows that the motor ain't going anywhere. :)
when we did take it out on the track, with a 10 pin race crank and no tires, it ran pretty good. All Cook said it needed was suspension and it'd be ready to go.

oo cause he was talkin bout its got 1500 in parts on it...maybe he's buyin it with another engine and parts on it. ill speak to him tonite and see what he says. cook was sposed to be puttin it bak together today or on saturday so i dunno wats happenin. when i find out ill let u kno wat he thinks hes gettin

well, I dunno don, I'll know in a little bit, but unless my new metrakit block is on the island, that bike or that engine ain't going no where

Back