Race Zip help (Bermuda track)

Chaps_Zip

By: Polini
Hey guys, the new season is about to start here in Bermuda and i just wanted to know if anything new has come onto the market since ive been on here. The zip has been sitting up for a couple months but will be getting put back together in the next couple weeks, mainly to my bermuda posters (who race!!) or anybody else with some helpful info can you please answer the following questions:

1) Stock gear wheels (primary) vs. Malossi 16/37
- I have put in the malossi primaries but dont know which will run better at the track. With the stock primaries the bike was very torquey and would pull up with very little effort...not to good when exiting a corner! Being that the straight is relativley short what do u think would be best to get the most pull out of a corner yet decent top speed. (I think the longest straight is 1/8th or 1/4 mile)
New track layouts can be seen at: http://www.bmrc.bm/track_profiles.htm

2) Tires!!!
- What are the best tires to run at the bermuda track? (to bermuda racers). (To everyone else) The track is rough and not smooth at all, wear will be quick. I see that they now allow slicks for the scooter class...how well do you think slicks will work?

3) Suspension help
- Ive got a Bitubo race suspension and wanted to kno if anybody could steer me in the direction of decent settings for it. I could just slap it on and test it out but if anybody has experience with Bitubo plz help. They are the WZT and YAT suspensions.

4) Who wants to test the bike at the track for me?!
- I need some1 to take it out again!

Safe

Advertisement - register to remove this

OK tires

sava's or dunlops far as treaded tires. Sava makes slicks and a few other companies.

Test the gear ratio's yourself

Suspension have no clue ill be testing myself in the upcoming months check rick from added speed he got bitubo on his zip.

U need someone to test i got someone but they is a new rider so wont be tested to the limits but will get tested.

Hope to see u there come may 7th look for de white runner

cool, i need someone with experience to just take it out and say change this..change that. little things like roller weights, spring tensions, etc. I want to get it done soon becuase the bike needs to get sold. hopefully someone will see it at the track and buy it!..well thats the plan at least. ill go and ask rick tmrw...i was there yesterday but it slipped my mind. hopefully he can help. who sells dunlops? the only place i kno that sells race tires is added speed and they sell savas...are they better than dunlops or what? cause i might as well get the best for it. and yea..i wanna see this runner! hopefully u can keep up with the zip, i dont wanna beat you tooo bad. :) we'll see tho, i think the zip can get made much faster. power wise it will take most bikes tho. but we shall see.

safe

Chaps_Zip said:
cool, i need someone with experience to just take it out and say change this..change that. little things like roller weights, spring tensions, etc. I want to get it done soon becuase the bike needs to get sold. hopefully someone will see it at the track and buy it!..well thats the plan at least. ill go and ask rick tmrw...i was there yesterday but it slipped my mind. hopefully he can help. who sells dunlops? the only place i kno that sells race tires is added speed and they sell savas...are they better than dunlops or what? cause i might as well get the best for it. and yea..i wanna see this runner! hopefully u can keep up with the zip, i dont wanna beat you tooo bad. :) we'll see tho, i think the zip can get made much faster. power wise it will take most bikes tho. but we shall see.

safe
ull see it and hopefully it wont be too slow lmao and things like spring tension and rollers that easy part. well for me i just gotta see wat runs best for the bike down the track that part is easy. need that bitch to peak out 14,500 maybe more well see should be able to beat most uve been sitting for like half a season everyone has steped there game up but if u do more props to rick lmao nah just playing but yah get de bitch running and the best r dunlops and sava's everyone rund dunlops and says they are better but that orange zip looked dangerouse during the youth and sports race day

well to figure out what springs to run u need the bike on the track...thus i need some1 to take the bike on the track and tell me how its running. ive told u i dont think the bike is that wicked, its not bad but nothing special at all. i just want the bike out this year and not sitting up, if that means it runs gay..o well it runs gay! at least ill be out there and not running my mouth about how fast the bike is. i hope u got the bike running, cause i think ya gettin lapped in teh first race out.

laped hmmm

Chaps_Zip said:
well to figure out what springs to run u need the bike on the track...thus i need some1 to take the bike on the track and tell me how its running. ive told u i dont think the bike is that wicked, its not bad but nothing special at all. i just want the bike out this year and not sitting up, if that means it runs gay..o well it runs gay! at least ill be out there and not running my mouth about how fast the bike is. i hope u got the bike running, cause i think ya gettin lapped in teh first race out.
Maybe i will get lapped first race seems pretty good bet i will ill try and suprise u and not get lapped lol but that will be hard got them 75 mph bikes bearing down on the feild

Yo Chaps....this is my take on that bike.

DEFINATELY run the malossi primaries....two of those tracks are all but wide open both ways, atleast on the benelli. Lightbourne and Cook ran primaries all season, but ran bigger carbs and large intakes to get more torque. Like you said, the stock ratios make it a little too poppy outta the corner. I experienced that last time. Also, dark blue rear tension spring I think.

Dunlops are the best way to go, 90/90 X 10 front and back. Rick should be geting some in very soon he said. As far as the Bitubo's go...I think it should go something like this. For the rear. Set the preload on 7 (big dial) and tighten the shock up about an inch. The reasoning here is because that track is not very flat at all, alot of different grades and even different pavements at some points. You need the suspension a little stiffer, just so the bike doesn't bounce around so much. For the front, tighten the shock up about an inch an a quarter and preload at 4. I'll check on Saturday a little deeper.

I've gotten alot better at riding and if you put all that gear on it and be willing to take it apart right there and change the weights and stuff, I'd be happy to give it a couple burns for you. I'm sure Ed will give it a blow out too. The real thing is getting it down there. That'd be up to you, cause I'm limited with the truck right now. That bike has alot of potential, but it needs a little upgrading. I think you need to tune the block a little and maybe get a yasuni exhaust for starts. Also, a bigger carb and intake would be nice. Malossi makes really fast zip parts, but I think that polini stuff is good to. Just gotta figure it out more.......and put that damn weight on the front clutch huh?

Let me know when you wanna take it down man. Peace.

Bryce,
Im glad you think it has potential! Polini is decent, not the best not the worst. Malossi is wicked (going by the white zips) but that stuff is waaay to much $$. I think it needs a new pipe but iain (the owner) doesnt wanna spend any more $ on the bike...yasuni is another 600 into the bike which he desnt really wanna spend. ill speak to him tho, i woulda got one along time ago.

The clutches need to be redone. I still have them in the box from last time it was at the track, ive got a hebo red back spring to try out (hebo black was in b4), I gotta get the weight sorted on the front clutch too. Rollers look decent enough to try out (i think rick had 2.6 in em...gotta check tho). everything else down there should be still good so im not worrying about it right now.

The only other carb ive got is a couple of mikuni tm24 flatslides. One with a powerjet (which u tried out and said leaked everywhere!) ill prolly end up using the normal one with no modifications tho. If i run that i gotta check to see if the manifold will take it..its rubber so im hoping it will.

And thanks ALOT for the suspension info, ill take a look at them right now to see wat i gotta do to em. hopefully they go on easier than last time and everything goes simple and quick. i gotta repaint the bike and just do a couple of other things to it and it should be ready. next week im gonna be working on that and my AR so hopefully it can get done.

Do you kno anybody that has a piaggio Yasuni pipe they willing to sell? Anything less than $600 would be great...

safe

Chaps_Zip said:
Bryce,
Im glad you think it has potential! Polini is decent, not the best not the worst. Malossi is wicked (going by the white zips) but that stuff is waaay to much $$. I think it needs a new pipe but iain (the owner) doesnt wanna spend any more $ on the bike...yasuni is another 600 into the bike which he desnt really wanna spend. ill speak to him tho, i woulda got one along time ago.

The clutches need to be redone. I still have them in the box from last time it was at the track, ive got a hebo red back spring to try out (hebo black was in b4), I gotta get the weight sorted on the front clutch too. Rollers look decent enough to try out (i think rick had 2.6 in em...gotta check tho). everything else down there should be still good so im not worrying about it right now.

The only other carb ive got is a couple of mikuni tm24 flatslides. One with a powerjet (which u tried out and said leaked everywhere!) ill prolly end up using the normal one with no modifications tho. If i run that i gotta check to see if the manifold will take it..its rubber so im hoping it will.

And thanks ALOT for the suspension info, ill take a look at them right now to see wat i gotta do to em. hopefully they go on easier than last time and everything goes simple and quick. i gotta repaint the bike and just do a couple of other things to it and it should be ready. next week im gonna be working on that and my AR so hopefully it can get done.

Do you kno anybody that has a piaggio Yasuni pipe they willing to sell? Anything less than $600 would be great...

safe
We have a (C20) for $400.00. It has only been used once.

Speed

cool, ill speak to the owner today and let you know what he says. do you, or anybody have a dyno graph of a c20 on an untunned evo70? Ill have to look it up now but just save some time if you have it can you post a link.
safe

Chaps_Zip said:
cool, ill speak to the owner today and let you know what he says. do you, or anybody have a dyno graph of a c20 on an untunned evo70? Ill have to look it up now but just save some time if you have it can you post a link.
safe

Go on scooterattack they got a dyno graph comparing c20, mhrteam, and stage6 r1400. C20 generally had more hp and top end but there are pipes that make more hp then that. Due to the fact u dont want to spend no more i wont mention them

Just a quick update, i finished drilling the front plastics this afternoon. i couldnt paint them because of the weather but ill hopefully get to do them tmrw. once painted ill put a pic up so you can see it looks like.

p.s. who sells jets for the mikuni tm24 here? i need to get some more for when the flatslide goes on.

Safe

Back