Stage6 Italian Open - awesome Video

Haman..

I think the italian racers will be able to make a Dynojet-run on the XSH-tuning Tovami-dyno to prove their much hp's...

I didn't believed it either, untill Freddy told me its absolutly true... There is a way of tuning the cilinder will make that much power... I also want to know the trick, so I have to test multiple things myself to check & gain more power.

So... Lock yourself this summer, tune, test & make research for the same & more power like the italian boys!!!! -:-

The Italien Stage6 Team (Montagna, Calonaci & Blando) will take part on the SBO 70cc Open Cup on 10th of August in Veldhoven. Hope to see you there !
Haman is riding #47 @ stage6 cup, so i think you will meet him in Veldhoven Thilo ;)

A good engineer never leaves home without a wheather/forecast display when there is a raceweekend, no mather what the changes are, just fit a new mainjet in the carb, and the power is back. I don't think that will be a problem for our italian friends ;)

The fact is that those guys wil give our top5 a hard time no matter howmany hp they will have with the s6 engines. The 1st race in lelystad rick van Rijssen also was competitive with the s6 racer from Cunoh in the top5 of the open70 while cunoh most of the time drives in de stage6 B. So maybe they do have 2hp more or less than our open70 racers...it's hard to see that difference on the track.

That's why I hope they will make a run on the tovami ;)

=============================================================
Ja,maar een beetje goede monteur heeft een weerstation bij zich...ff ander sproeiertje erin op basis van de veranderingen vd weersomstandigheden en het is weer in orde.

Feit is...die gasten gaan echt wel hard straks :) Ik ben iig er benieuwd of ze qua power mee kunnen komen.

Maar....eigenlijk is er nogsteeds weinig over te zeggen, totdat de dingen daadwerkelijk op de bank staan om het vermogen te showen..... RvR ging ook Rete-hard rond op de S6-brommer van Cunoh, die er zelf mee in de B-klasse rijd..

Al met al, vergelijk zegt weinig, harde pk's wel.... Al rijden de dingen van JRS ook met 20.XX pk rond in de A-klasse....

Last edited:
Haman..

I think the italian racers will be able to make a Dynojet-run on the XSH-tuning Tovami-dyno to prove their much hp's...

I didn't believed it either, untill Freddy told me its absolutly true... There is a way of tuning the cilinder will make that much power... I also want to know the trick, so I have to test multiple things myself to check & gain more power.

So... Lock yourself this summer, tune, test & make research for the same & more power like the italian boys!!!! -:-

Haman is riding #47 @ stage6 cup, so i think you will meet him in Veldhoven Thilo ;)

I know the trick, pm

They're not using the flat piston ! :) in combination with right compression, min. 1 horse power more. We will see it on 10 August, who've the power and who can drive like hell.

It was only 18hp acording to the Tovami Dyno on the raceday in Veldhoven. But still, the performance was amazing and they won the race. Only Rik was able to give them a nice fight in race 1. Too bad for the black flag in race 2 though.

Thilo, i guess you were filming on Veldhoven. Are you going to create a movie such as this one from the races there?

van de scooterattack site intervieuws

Interview COSTANTINO RACING TEAM (EX C&C)

Could you please introduce yourself?
Our team is called "Costantino Racing Team" and we are based in Calabria. My name is Filippo Costantino. The team consists of myself and two mechanics, Alberto and Filippo. So there are two Filippos in our team … maybe this is our secret to success, who knows!

Since when have you been part of the scooter scene and how did you get there?
I've been interested in scooters and scooter racing since 1993, which is just when automatic scooters appeared on the Italian market. I'm not exactly sure how I got there in the first place, but there is one thing that I remember exactly: that I was fascinated about how the CVT, the automatic transmission, works. At that time this was something completely new ... I bought a Zip. And with that, we participated in two or three individual races before we dedicated ourselves to this discipline in a more "professional" manner.

What victories in the scooter scene have you pulled off so far?
The last few years have proved very successful for us. In 2003 we were national Champion of the Malossi Cup with our starter Tornera, and in 2004 and 2005 with Mauro Montagna, who one year later changed to Cristofolini. And in 2006, we were Champion with Ripepi. 2007 turned out very successful for us, too: We were both South Champion and North Champion of the Malossi Cup with Alessandro Blando. "South" and "North" because in 2007, Malossi abolished the national cup in Italy. Now there are two Malossi Cups, divided in north and south. Too bad actually.

Until this year, i.e. until 2008, there have only been "one-brand-cups" in Italy; what do you think about the Stage6 Cup?
There are quite a few things to say about it. Up until 1999 we had a mixed cup in Italy, with Polini and Malossi components. But then Polini and Malossi got into an argument, especially about the racing regs. So after this argument, Polini pulled out of the Cup and until 2005, there was only the Malossi Trofeo in Italy. In 2005, Polini finally took the initiative again, creating its own Polini Cup. The only reason why "one-brand-cups" are held is that people don't want to face the competitors and are afraid of a direct comparison or of being shown up. This is exactly why the Stage6 Cup has won me round right away and I embarked on this adventure.

Until 2007, you used only Malossi components. What do you think about the Stage6 products as compared to the ones from Malossi?
When it comes to performance, the current Stage6 products are about on the same level as the ones of the most renowned manufacturers. I mean, it's clear that since we do not use high end cylinders yet, we have to invest more work as experienced tuners in order to get on the high end level of our competitors. But judging from the results of this season, it is obvious that we don't lack anything! When it comes to component durability, there is nothing to complain about. At the moment, we participate in a race without having to replace any parts. The only thing that I exchange after every race is the piston. But the biggest difference is in the price. I personally think that the present price policy of the leading manufacturers is completely wrong. You have to consider that the end customers are young people who are between 14 and 20 years old. A lot of guys have now, with the Stage6 Cup, started riding again. I have also brought with me today a new rider, one who now, because of the Stage6 Cup, has again the chance to be part of the racing scene. You have to remember that in the other cups, many guys are forced to give up after about two or three races. One unforeseen incident there is enough to make financial resources seem insufficient.

Finally I would like to say something about the new Stage6 R/T struts. At first I was actually rather sceptical, because the components that are on the market today have shown that all struts - no matter how expensive - require reworking in order to work properly. No one in Italy uses the Malossi RS 24/10 components "out of the box". The way they are delivered, you just can't say that they work as they are supposed to. And for that price ... a shame. I am an authorized dealer for Ohlins products and regularly maintain these shock absorbers. I've always used this know-how when reworking the RS 24/10 struts. Riders from all over Italy send me these struts on a regular basis and I adjust them. I charge about 300 Euro for this service. And only then, you can say that they work the way they should and that you can really use them.
The new Stage6 strut is, as a contrast, in a better condition the way it is delivered to the end costumers than any strut that I have modified so far.

Do you have any advice to share with young riders who want to start scooter racing?
First of all - if there is any amateur class, you should register there. You should not forget about the financial aspects. What's also important is that at the beginning you don't need a superior engine, that's not even a good idea. If too much is demanded of you right at the beginning, this will slow down your learning process considerably. And when it comes to how you behave in racing, a competitor should be fair, at least as long as this is not about the top positions (laughs). This is sport, which is supposed to be fun, not war.

Is there anyone you look up to?
(Thinks about this question for a moment) … Max Biaggi. He had no one who taught him. I also respect Valentino Rossi, but I know that he had so much support, right from the beginning. I like challenges; riders who suddenly appear out of nowhere. Ducati, I am loyal to Ducati; but I also appreciate Honda! That's also the reason why I work with Stage6 now - I like challenges!

How long do you plan to be part of the racing scene?
Forever! We also participate in other disciplines, e.g. the "Coppa Italiana 600" with Blando, but scooters have this special charm and I wouldn't want to miss this.

How do you like life in the pit lane?
The air in the pit lane is just so unique ... I come to the races because of the atmosphere. It's actually not so much a business relationship between me and the riders as one of friendship, I think. We here in the south are maybe a bit more emotional about this and more welcoming than people in the north. We also often go on holidays together ... we just have a lot of fun together! Minischetti and TRT are fair competitors ... I just hate people who steal the work of others, or who don't follow the racing regs.

What are your aims for this year?
We want to show that we are able to hold our own against the strongest. The aim here is of course always to win a place on the rostrum. But I have to say that I prefer being on fifth place with 1 second behind the winner to being on the

Interview MINISCHETTI RACING TEAM

Our team is called Minischetti Racing Team and consists of two mechanics and two riders at the moment. One of the riders, Minischetti Marco, is also a mechanic. Santo Russo on the other hand, the no. 5, is only a rider, and a geometer by profession. Russo shouts from out of the mechanic's tent: ... and the one you are talking to is "The President", Minischetti Matteo!

It was actually pure chance that we got into racing. At the beginning, when we were still having races on the roads 13 years ago, no one would have thought that today we would stand here like this. At that time it was more of a game... Some regional races followed, which we won in Turin. Encouraged by the first successes, we finally got into the Malossi Cup, among other things also into the scooter cross discipline. With Filippo Corsi, we pulled off our first real victories. At the moment we are in the Malossi Cup with two Derbis, a super scooter and in the scootermatic discipline with a Zip. 2007 was a very successful year for us. With Santo Russo on the Runner, we won the super scooter discipline and with Albera Francesco on a Nexus, we finally also won the 500 Cup.

Until this year, i.e. until 2008, there have only been “one-brand-cups” in Italy; what do you think about the Stage6 Cup?
What we like most are the various categories that this cup offers. There is something in it for everyone; be they beginners or experts. The Open itself is very tempting for us. On the other hand, we'd like a bit more publicity for the Trofeo, that is important for us. A junior category wouldn't be bad either! But what would delight us the most: German girls!!! (Everyone in the tent bursts out laughing). We've seen your events in Germany - where have all the blond girls gone?

How long do you plan to be part of the racing scene?
Hmm, (laughs) there is already Minischetti Andrea, my son. I've taken him to most racing events since he was little. He's here today, too... somehow every father hopes to have a little Valentino Rossi. Now and then, Andrea already rides on the runner on which Santo Russo became Champion in super scooter. It is never too early to start racing.

What do you think about the Stage6 components?
What struck me most was the increase in performance after the first race; it seems the engines run really well. Santo Russo interrupts him: Hey, the engines are really strong!

Do you consider the Stage6 engines able to compete?
Yes, the engines have really surprised me. The increase in performance was really enormous.

Matteo exclaims: Santo Russo!! But Valentino Rossi isn't bad either...

What are your aims for this year?
I'd like to win everything... But it really isn’t that easy. It should be mentioned that I put my whole heart into these races. I wouldn't do this just for the money. In 2005 I bought a camper and since then I've travelled 68,000 km with it. That's quite a bit, if you consider that I only use it for racing events. But travelling with the riders is great, too. These are unforgettable

Interview VECOLI RACING TEAM

Our team is called Vecoli Racing Team and I am EmilianoVecoli, the team manager. The guys also call me Mr Freeze, probably because of the arctic temperatures in my bus;thanks to climatronic. Besides myself, the team consists of three mechanics and four riders, Luciano Baldaccini, Bruno Matteucci, Matteo Giannotti, Galeotti Gianluca. The team has existed since 2005 and is based in Camaiore(province Lucca in Tuscany). In 2006, we really got going in the racing scene.

We started with mountain races. These are organised races on public mountain roads that the community has closed to public traffic just for the races. These races can be found all over Italy, but the scooter discipline is only offered in Tuscany. After having become Champion in 2007 with four first places, two second places and one fifth place, we are also interested in the Stage6 Cup this year and participate there regularly with three or four riders.

Until this year, i.e. until 2008, there have only been "one-brand-cups" in Italy; what do you think about the Stage6 Cup?
We think this event is great and we believe in it; otherwise we definitely wouldn't be here.

Do you have any advice to share with young riders who want to start scooter racing?
Take part in the Stage6Cup! There, beginners are also respected and included, and supported respectively. In other cups, this difficult initial phase for beginners is too long and most riders quit racing without having gained even an ounce of recognition. In the Stage6 Cup there are also prizes for the beginners and we think this is great!

How long do you plan to be part of the racing scene? (Laughs) Until they finally bring us some women, or a motorbike …

What are you still doing here at 22.43 in the evening?
Well, we are just plain stupid... No, seriously, we're just quickly changing the cylinder and the tyres. Well, actually it's rather "slowly" than "quickly", now that I hear what time it is already.

What would you change in the Stage6 Cup?
Nothing! No, wait - women, there is a severe lack of German women!!

How many am I allowed to choose? First, Rocco Siffredi... and second would be Valentino Rossi. Rocco Siffredi (chuckles),that's the one who carries the Italian flag!!

What was the strangest thing that has happened to you in scooter racing, so far?
That was definitely what happened at one of the mountain races. After the race, the police suddenly rushed into the closed-off area and confiscated our vehicles. That was bizarre. Why this happened I still don't understand. Something nice, however, happened last week. We had got into contact with the helmet manufacturer Vemar and asked them to send us the outer shell of a helmet, so that we could design a helmet via airbrush. And then they spontaneously gave us the complete helmet as a gift. They sent us the shell, we designed it and returned it, and two or three days later we were holding the helmet in our hands. I think this support is so amazing and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank them.

@ Patco, ofcourse everybody expected more performance from the italian s6 racers, but now we can see that performance @ the dyno is way different then on the circuit. Our own top drivers also had 19/20 hp at the backwheel after the race while everybody is screaming about dyno graphs with 22/23/24 or even 25 hp? So...where was it than?

The 23,5hp run at the dyno from the italian s6 racer was probaply a blocked one, so you loose like 2 hp because of the CVT. Then you still have like 21hp at the backwheel, why wouldn' t that be possible? Don't forget that we are talking about a fresh engine, that is fine tuned on the dyno. The 18hp @ Veldhoven was after a race, so maybe piston, belt etc were not that good anymore the exhaust wasn't hot enough because there was no cooling for the radiator, so the cylinder was almost hotter then the exhaust :p Maybe the RPM wasn't right at that moment, the rear tyre maybe had 1,8bar instead of 3bar. There are lots of reasons...and still the driver won the race! Nothing but compliments from my side!

jep, I qoute:

"What's also important is that at the beginning you don't need a superior engine, that's not even a good idea. If too much is demanded of you right at the beginning, this will slow down your learning process considerably"

Back